Thorpe Park Bus

Thrillseek3r

Question

• Answers 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I will be visiting the park next friday and wondered if anyone could advise me on the best route from Portsmouth. Does anyone know the price of a return bus from Woking to the park? I am trying to decide whether it is best to get a direct train to Woking saving £6 (on train fare) or whether to go all the way to Staines and get a bus there. The woking journey is 1.5hrs but then I guess the bus will take 40-50mins. The journey to Staines is 2.5hrs.Cant wait to go again. Its been a good year or so since I went last. I'm bringing a TP virgin with me so there better not be too many rides out of action! B)

theres 3 southwest stations around portsmouth I think, Fratton, Portsmouth & southsea and Portsmouth Harbour. They all go to staines

Went with a group of mates yesterday, and there were loads of taxis outside staines station. Charging £2 per person just to TP, and £2 back. So yes £4 in total, but only an extra pound from getting a return on the bus. B) 1. You get there quicker B) 2. Just you and your mates in the car/mini bus B) 3. Not packed like sardines on the 950 bus lol B)

Are you sure? Can anyone confirm this? Is it only during holidays or year round?I have always walked past them as I expected they were expensive B)

There is always taxis outside train stations, at Staines they will know that a lot of its usage is people travelling to Thorpe Park. The fare from Staines to TP is £8 so if you're in a group of 4, £2 each. Simples!

Oh my god, you sound just like that alexander the meerkat lol B)

So if it's £2.50 for a child return from Woking, it'll probably be £5ish for an adult??If I get the train from Woking it will take 2.5hrs including the bus and cost me £24 (train) + £5ish (bus) = £29. The Staines route is also 2.5hrs in total and costs £29 (train) + £3 return bus. So obviously the cheapest route is via Woking from Portsmouth but its whether I get the train all the way and change twice... or just sit on the bus from Woking. Decisions!Thanks for that people!

My dad always gives me a lift on the way to work, but I always get there at 9 which can be a good thing sometimes (definatly on Fright Nights).I have heard that bus is always very cramped and full of chavs.

I get a lift from my dad too! I have heard some bad stories about that bus. B).

I get a lift from my dad too! I have heard some bad stories about that bus. B).

Well most times I have got the train down and then get a lift from people that I know that live near Staines but they are moving and I now have to get the bus B) I have only been on the bus once but it was quite late and not busy at all. Can we share some stories about how bad the bus is? I would prefer to pay for the taxi if it is that bad B) So, really how bad is it?

Well most times I have got the train down and then get a lift from people that I know that live near Staines but they are moving and I now have to get the bus B) I have only been on the bus once but it was quite late and not busy at all. Can we share some stories about how bad the bus is? I would prefer to pay for the taxi if it is that bad B) So, really how bad is it?

I have never ridden it personally, but from reading previous encounters, I could guess that it is crammed, hot, full of chavs and generally unpleasant. But it's better to ask people who have been there and lived through it B).

I always use the bus to get from the station to the park, and I agree it is ridiculous to charge £3 for what it is. Also, you have to try and not lose the tiny receipt, to get on the bus back; harder than it sounds when your there all day.And stupid as it might sound, does the bus from the station operate 7 days a week? I'm going on Monday and I've only ever been on it at weekends.

I always use the bus to get from the station to the park, and I agree it is ridiculous to charge £3 for what it is. Also, you have to try and not lose the tiny receipt, to get on the bus back; harder than it sounds when your there all day.And stupid as it might sound, does the bus from the station operate 7 days a week? I'm going on Monday and I've only ever been on it at weekends.

It has always been there when I have gone during weekdays so yes it does. B)

What do you mean It's not possible for a discount to Annual Pass holders? Remember staff get discount on the Thorpe Park Express so it is possible. All it takes is an agreement. I think I'm speaking on behalf of everyone that has been on the Thorpe Park Express during peak periods that is is hot, stuffy, smelly, packed to the brim and generally an extremely unpleasent experience and the fact you have to pay £3 (which in my eyes is extortionate) is outrageous.One more thing. If you look at the benefits of the Merlin Annual Pass you will see you get a discount at Little Chefs. How about they stop making stupid agreements like that and save annual pass holders money on travel to the park. After all annual pass holders are for people that frequently visit attractions.

My dad always gives me a lift on the way to work, but I always get there at 9 which can be a good thing sometimes (definatly on Fright Nights).I have heard that bus is always very cramped and full of chavs.

Hahaha I like it.. oi I been on that bus and I'm no Chav :P hehe. Yeh I usually car it with my mate, we both got AP's so always go. Just the one time last week I got the bus and questioned it's service...