themeparkmad

Alton Towers General Discussion

1885 posts in this topic

This topic is for anyone with a Question or Questions regarding Alton Towers. Also, this topic can also be for Alton Towers discussion is general.

Does anyone find that if rides and / or attractions are unavailable, that Alton Towers do not end up postng it on there website?e.g. When Nemesis was unavailable; That was not posted on the website as "Nemesis is currently unavailable".

I think that's because, unlike Thorpe, breakdowns are relatively uncommon. Although saying that this year hasn't been great, especially compared to other years.

I'm going in augest for the first time, I want to know whats better, staying on site or off sight. on sight is £300 more expensive whats your opinion?

I would say that the hotels are great espically splash landings, but then I think you have to pay extra for dinner etc (from what I remember from when I went four years ago) but if you want to save money then just book cheap outside the towers......as long as you sleep, its the park thats important.

Master Blaster is awesome, it's a bit rough though, and sometimes I wonder how on earth it passed a H&S test! :huh:

Master Blaster is awesome, it's a bit rough though, and sometimes I wonder how on earth it passed a H&S test! :huh:

I completely agree about the H&S bit!

I don't remember finding it rough, but very wild. :huh: Also when I was there, a couple of times I think people fell off there dinghy and they had to stop the slide for a bit. :P

A question to anyone who has been to Alton Towers by train, id like to get a trip up there soonish and I'm looking at the prices on the train planner and its telling me the cheapest available fare is £102.50 and thats a single, which is ********* ridiculous! I dont believe anyone would pay that much! Did anyone else pay that much? Its from Euston to Stoke on Trent. Yeah just wondering how much any1 else paid cause thats a bloody joke! Maybe I should take a different train or something.

You're doing something wrong on National Rails website.I've only ever been shown the price £54.70 for a return on there.

You're doing something wrong on National Rails website.I've only ever been shown the price £54.70 for a return on there.

Lol nm I found a much cheaper price for the London Midland. Theres another question I have but il ask you on msn.

Does anyone know how far it is from Stoke-on-Trent station to Alton Towers, and if there is a bus service there?

It's about half an hour to 40 minutes on the bus. Last time I checked it was about £6 one way.

Gosh £6? quite expensive considering my Local bus is about £1.30, I was going to go up on the train, Master Iskander you are looking at the Anytime fares, the cheapest convienient return fare I can find from Reading to Stoke-On-Trent is £35.

Gosh £6? quite expensive considering my Local bus is about £1.30, I was going to go up on the train, Master Iskander you are looking at the Anytime fares, the cheapest convienient return fare I can find from Reading to Stoke-On-Trent is £35.

Sorry, I meant £6 return.

Oh right, so around the same as the Thorpe bus.

Yes. I worked out the other day that it would only cost £36 return from my house to Alton Towers (including train and bus) which is pretty good seeing as it costs £24 to get to Thorpe Park.

Yes. I worked out the other day that it would only cost £36 return from my house to Alton Towers (including train and bus) which is pretty good seeing as it costs £24 to get to Thorpe Park.

Not bad, is that including the ticket?