Josh R

Lightwater Valley

Here's a closer look at the restraints for the ride, as for the coments for the staff, seems a bit one sided to me. I mean what more can you do other then call for an ambulance, kiss it better?    

update6.jpg

Staff reaction to any incident is important, at the bare minimum you must show concern to the customer and do anything you can assist...

Should've been straight down to the first aid point and await paramedics if required after initial assessment, with lots of free drink and food whilst waiting...

Certainly a concerning one. It's a miracle the guy didn't fall to his death (and kill others). 

Hopefully the park will get over this as this sounds a very serious and worrying incident. 

Visited LWV again recently and it reminded me how much I love The Ultimate.

It's so brilliantly flawed in its design; the way it uses three lift chains to get round the corner after lift 2 is hilarious, as is using camelbacks as a brake run, and whoever thought up the idea to send those huge trains around ground-level turns directly after an 100 foot drop is a mad genius.

A ride of two halves, the pops of airtime in the front half of the train are fantastic during the first half, and the sheer insanity of the second half is one of my favourite moments of any coaster.  It's brutal and my knees are still recovering, but that's why I rate it so highly.

Fantastic coaster, and a prime example of something we'll never see built again.

28331874557_b938e36893_z.jpg

29329794698_806bae3f3c_z.jpg

We'll never see something like Ultimate built again because parks tend to build things properly these days...

It's so bad it's actually good sums up the Ultimate, as on paper it should be an utter pile of crap...

Ultimate may have it’s ups and downs, but without it, Lightwater would not be the park it is and would probably go bankrupt in a couple of years without a major investment or owners with noticeable financial stability. 

Shame the park has seen little in terms of recent investment, but who knows what the new owners can bring.