Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

Next year I would send Vortex to CWoA to get a retheme, as it would fit in well there and would be a welcome investment. I'd replace this with a big gyro-swing in the same place, as it is a better ride and has better throughput.

Send Vortex to Chessington & Zoo????Not being rude but... Are you mad?I could never imagine seeing Vortex at Chessington & Zoo for a number of reasons.

It isn't really levelling up with the 'Thrill' aspect of TP, and I think Ramesis Revenge is much more of a thril than Vortex, therefore Vortex is a happy medium between something like Ramesis Revenge and a ride like Black Buccaneer, not technically, obviously but thrill wise.Why do you not agree?:)

It isn't really levelling up with the 'Thrill' aspect of TP, and I think Ramesis Revenge is much more of a thril than Vortex, therefore Vortex is a happy medium between something like Ramesis Revenge and a ride like Black Buccaneer, not technically, obviously but thrill wise.Why do you not agree?:)

Moving Vortex to Chessington & Zoo would not be wise as most people would not go on it!Look at Black Buccaneer and Rameses Revenge currently.You rarely see much of a queue for these due to the majority of people who visit Chessington & Zoo would not ride Vortex as they would be on rides such as Dragon's Fury, Tomb Blaster and Vampire.Vortex would also not fit Chessington & Zoo due to it's target group. Chessington & Zoo aim to deliver 'Family Fun'. Black Buccaneer is sort of family fun as it has a low height restriction.When do you see that ride with a long queue? Very rarely!This is why, I think anyway, that Vortex should not move to Chessington & Zoo and should keep it's place at THORPE PARK.

I wouldn't like to see Vortex moved to Chessington - I hate visiting Chessington and Vortex is one of my favourite rides so it would be a very bad move for Thorpe imo, seeing as Vortex is actually quite thrilling when compared to rides like Rush and Quantum.Here's what I'd like to see, I haven't done one in a while and my ideas have changed slightly, so bare with me - it's quite long.2010: Mainly focused on face-lifting the Lost City.To Colossus - Re-paint track, supports, station, the whole thing; rather than just the track. New trains from Intamin, possibly new design - something a little less square to help sort out comfortability issues. More shrubary around the area to make it look more pleasing, clean the Corba Roll pit, and the removal of those disgusting nets.To Rush - Buy appropriate-sized theming, fit it on during the 2009-10 Closed Season. Extend the Queue Line and introduce SRQ. Also add more shrubary around this area; fearns and wild-looking plants etc.To Quantum - During the Closed Season, give it a complete 'Mystic East' make-over and send it to Chessington; it could prabably keep it's name. The space Quantum used to occupy will not be used for another ride, but for a picnic area where guests can sit and eat, or just talk; palm trees and yet more shrubary is to be added.Miscellany - Introduce a new Summer Festival - with treasure hunts for objects or clues around Thorpe Park for families. There will be prizes like tickets to other Merlin Attractions or 4 Free Annual Passes etc. Also, an All-Summer Lake Show every weekend for the Summer Holidays featuring water-sports and races. This will be an annual event. Continued infilling of Treasure Island/land behind Stealth and the second bridge to SAW is now completed.2011: Bit more planned for the park this year, mainly on reparing existing rides.To Nemesis Inferno - More interactivity, add explosions of smoke, warm orange water from holes in the ground which shoot up at the riders' feet. More stalagmites around the area, make the Nemesis Inferno part of Calypso Quay look more rugged, arid, and like it is actually a volcanic land-scape. Fix all problems with the sound systems for the opening of this season and again, add more shrubary.To Calypso Quay - Clean up the area, introduction of the only new flat until after the next coaster: A Huss Topple Tower themed like a Totem-Pole with many interactive special effects like smoke billowing out of the top, fiery eyes, the many faces that make up the pole rotating in different directions. This would stand in Miss Hippo's Fungal Safari's spot at 85ft tall - with a height restriction of just 1.2m-1.3m, so families can enjoy it.To Vortex - Continuing to spruce up the Lost City rides, send back to KMG over the Closed Season and get a 100% re-furbishment: Re-paint, new electronic systems, better sound systems, and sort out the problem with the rotation - so everyone can get and equal amount of foward swings.To Zodiac - With the introduction of the Huss Topple Tower, Zodiac is removed and sent into retirement, the picnic area created by Quantum's departure in the previous season is now extended, as is Rush's Queue Line.Miscellany - X:\No Way Out's departure has been comfirmed - it will leave in the following Closed Season. A special mention to it on the Park's website tells people to come and ride backwards for the last time before it gets scrapped, or bought buy another developing park. Samurai has had many years at a lower setting; this year sees the return of the Mighty Warrior it was at Chessington. Advertisement for Thorpe's new Floorless Coasterm begins, which will be situated behind Stealth, connected by two bridges to the mainland.2012: New coaster is the main focus in the park's book of priorities this year. But other things are done.New Floorless Coaster - On a new island themed to derelict villiage where all the inhabitants have been scared away by all manner of demonic things. The new coaster, called 'Hades', is the park's most expensice project to date. Mainly due to it being B&M. It features a curving drop, Loop, left-side Dive Loop, Inclined Loop, Corkscrew, Brake Run, Drop off the Brake Run into a cave, Corkscrew within the caves, witches and demons are lit up inside, exit cave, S-Hill and many twists and helixes to the station. The spine of the track will be dark purple, with white rails, the train will be purple and yellow, it will stand at 107ft and feature 4 inversions.To Tidal Wave and surrounding area - Total re-vamp. Ditch the crappy Original Source sponsorship, ditch Stealth's Yorkie sponsorship, make the WWTP Radio louder and get rid of those ugly Wet, Wet, Wet slides. Depth Charge is announced to be leaving in the following Closed Season.Sorry about the essay... but I got bored. :)

And Thorpe Park isn't already crowded enough that it needs to add more rides than it takes away... 1) Quantum 2) X:\No Way Out3) ZodiacGot rid of 3 rides, added 2, that's only a 1 ride loss, and to be perfectly honest, Thorpe needs the extra space - more greenery is needed, especially in the Lost City, which is why it lost two rides and the new ride went into Calypso Quay... to evenly spread the 'thrilling rides' distribution.Mind you, well done for actually enduring to read my above post. I wouldn't have bothered with it all tbh. :)EDIT: Just Remembered Depth Charge... oh well. More space for the next coaster. :)

I love your idea's about Rush, especially the SRQ, But, if you look at reviews for Topple Towers, you will find that they are better to look at than to ride and are quite boring.Also, IMO , I don't see the appeal for a floorless coaster whatsoever. I am guessing most of you haven't ridden one of them and I can see why you would want one , but really unless your in the front row and stare down the whole ride, it's just a B&M version of Colossus. The same with Stand-ups, Looking at reviews for them , you can see the majority of them aren't great and that a much better addition could be made.Also, I think Depth Charge's time is up and has been for a few years now.

I would like to see two things:1. Removal of Depth Charge.2. An upgraded X:\ No Way Out.I say Upgraded as I think it is a very good ride but could be better. I also don't think if it was removed that something better would be put there. (In My Opinion).QuantumI personally think that Quantum should stay at THORPE PARK instead of moving to Chessington & Zoo.Although I could definately see Quantum fitting in well to an area at Chessington & Zoo. I still think it should stay at THORPE PARK.And to be fair, If it stays at THORPE PARK, You have a ride that is very good and that does not have much of a queue!

But, if you look at reviews for Topple Towers, you will find that they are better to look at than to ride and are quite boring.

I added it as a family ride; they're not as scary as something like Vortex or Slammer and so are more family-based, plus - they theme well and cheaply.EDIT: I just remebered what I actually wanted to do with Quantum - move it to Treasure Island, which will be a Kiddie's concentrated zone, will lots of Pirate-theme stuff with giant golden boulders, piles and piles of coins and gems, treasure chests and palms trees all over the place. Possibly with a Huss Troika, but definitely Quantum... and a Splash Battle themed around a rebellion of sea creatures re-claiming their land from pirates.Earlier I forgot so I just thought - send it to Chessington. Woops..

EDIT: I just remebered what I actually wanted to do with Quantum - move it to Treasure Island, which will be a Kiddie's concentrated zone, will lots of Pirate-theme stuff with giant golden boulders, piles and piles of coins and gems, treasure chests and palms trees all over the place. Possibly with a Huss Troika, but definitely Quantum... and a Splash Battle themed around a rebellion of sea creatures re-claiming their land from pirates.Earlier I forgot so I just thought - send it to Chessington. Woops..

Thats ok then you cant take Quantum away from me :):P

Miscellany - Introduce a new Summer Festival.

Following their recent video, I can hardly see a Summer Festival coming that would be family-friendly...

I think Quantum would fit in well at CWoA.

Do remember that a magic carpet ride was at Chessington, I think in the site that went on to be occupied by Samurai(?), so bringing Quantum to Chessie would surely defy logic. If any TP ride would get relocated to Cheesie, it would have to be Depth Charge in my opinion, because it suits the family appeal and with a spruce-up, it would look nice, but I can't see that happening anyway... (Sorry for the negativity).EDIT: My idea...2010: No new rides. The entrance is given a complete refurbrishment. All the on the day tickets can be purchased in a new building. The building is in place of the ticket booths there are now and extends a bit into what is now some of the queue line. The inside has TVs which show promotional videos of some of the rides and also gives information on what rides are down and if rides will be opening late, etc. Also, a new queue which isn't made from the ugly metal gates is introduced. It is made from wood and is coloured very brightly. Though it will be mainly made of a cattle-pen style queue, it will have some scenes in it showing some of the rides in small models, which would hopefully take some of the pain out of queuing to get in. Samurai would get a repaint and small retheme, with new music and a new name - something basic like Buzzsaw but a bit different (if you get what I mean). If it was economically viable to do so, Colossus would get a repaint with similar colours, but just different enough for the public to notice. If that was unable to happen this year, it would happen next year,2011: Slammer is replaced by a new flat with high capacity. A new coaster is announced for next year, it is a woodie and will be on Treasure Island.2012: New woodie opens. Honestly, I'm happy with my previous idea for a woodie, with it being marketed as 'Safe as Steel', etc. It's a few pages back if anyone wants to have a look at it. A Splash Battle also opens, and is also having some sort of wooden theme to it, fitting in with the whole 'wood crazy' park area. A new FN maze that is related to a lumberjack gone mental is also opened on the island. The idea of it is that you pass through many different scenes, each containing an actor playing the lumberjack, and also come into some close calls with some theming (a 'falling' tree). Though it wouldn't be as in your face as the others, it would hopefully scare people on a more psychological level.2013: Rather unfortuantely, most of Ranger County would have to be taken out. The sire that once occupied the Showcase and MHFS is taken up by a dark ride which would be psychologically exhilarating, but with less 'thrills'. It would also take up Mr Monkey's Banana Ride, in which a dropping section is put in place. A bigger Pirate Ship to replace the Banana Ride is put on the wooden related island. Due to the space that the Asylum had being taken away, the dark ride is turned 'Live' (a bit like Duel at AT), with actors on the ride, to compensate with the loss.

My ideas :)...2010: Complete rennovation of Neptunes Kingdom.-Removal of Depth Charge and Neptunes Beach. This area is relatively small to clear, and I would then introduce a grassed area of a similar size, with much more vegetation, and Depth Charge itself replaced with a smaller complex of slides purely for younger children. -Elsewhere phase 1 of 2011 redevelopment; including a repaint of Colossus and mass improvement on Rumba. This would include introduction of more waves, a painted channel, better dark section and improved effects.2011:Lost City Becomes An Actual Lost City :P-X:\NWO Closed To Public.-Colossus station left as it is, to be changed in 2012. New trains introduced with better restraints, much like SAW's, but Intamin obviously, as they are fast locking and more comfortable.-Resurfacing occuring, with themed walls and more vegetation and stand-alone theming introduced. Area overall more 'jungle' like.-Vortex Replaced with larger Gyro swing, much like Maelstrom at Drayton Manor. This has a higher capacity, and a better thrill, also all riders get a good ride every time due to riding facing outwards, unlike Vortex. Footers can be placed outside the actual boarding platform, so it could potentially be 'over the lake.' Original Vortex relocated to AT under a new name. -Octopus Gardens removed.2012: -X:\NWO could either: *Building gets new themed exterior, including cladding of all exterior walls and roof to make it actually look like a pyramid. Entrance plaza redesigned, and coaster given new trains and special effects; making it more of a dark ride than just a rubbish coaster.*Alternatively, building could be demolished completely, and the coaster scrapped. An echo of the ride could be introduced in years to come. I would also take the opportunity to demolish the arena. Colossus' station would be extended into the space where X' was, a structure incorporating a new, bigger shop and floor space for Hellgate (or future equivalent). Secondly I would introduce a new dark ride where the arena was, a ride one-up on Valhalla, themed around a shipwreck, and sponsored to gain maximum funding for amazing theming and some kind of 'world first.'With Octopus gardens gone, there would be plenty of space for a large combined entrance plaza for Colossus and this dark ride. Amazing theming and lots of greenery, this large open area at the heart of the park would be a breath of fresh air.

Vortex could work at Chessington as there is a shortage of rides for older people, since CWoA is aimed at providing fun for all ages such as children, teenagers, adults, etc. If people go on Ramses Revenge, then they will most likely go on Vortex.

2010) Ranger County is renamed to Jungle Peak.Rides:Crocodial Carnage- A huss booster featuring water jets.Rhino Rampage- A Mondial Tornado.Monkey's banana boatCircle of Life- The carosel rethemed to animals at a watering hole.Eating areaLion Rock- The dinning area has been made rocky with rocks to sit on and lion figurines.2011) Thats all for now :huh:2012)2013)2014)2015)2016)2017)