Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

It would be bad because Rameses is now into its 15th season and is quite past it. It's had a few refurbs but it doesn't perform as well as a new ride and ultimately would not be able to pull in the punters like a brand new flat ride would.It's not about Chessington holding onto one of its apparent best rides (which it isn't), it's about Thorpe looking to the future, not being held back by the past.

It would be bad because Rameses is now into its 15th season and is quite past it. It's had a few refurbs but it doesn't perform as well as a new ride and ultimately would not be able to pull in the punters like a brand new flat ride would.It's not about Chessington holding onto one of its apparent best rides (which it isn't), it's about Thorpe looking to the future, not being held back by the past.

15th season!:)I didnt realise how old it was

Tbh, I don't really think Top Spins really attract people when there are better thrill rides out their that THORPE PARK could better invest in.

I agree. Really I think Thorpe Park need something that many people haven't seen before, perhaps a flat ride that would be the first of its kind in the UK.

Is Samurai the only one of its kind in the country?As that manages queues of over 45 minutes regularly?Also I think JUMP would be a good addition ;)

There are many Top Scans in travelling fairs, but I have no idea if there are any other installations in any UK theme parks.

Fair enough. They could get one of those flat rides that is like a rollercoaster than just goes around in an "O" circle shape.I highly doubt they will be able to get anything that unique because frankly the big US parks will try and snap unique rides up.

Is Samurai the only one of its kind in the country?As that manages queues of over 45 minutes regularly?Also I think JUMP would be a good addition ;)

There are two other permanent top scans in the country. Beast up north and one in Hastings (I believe). The only reason Samurai is so busy is that it's wedged between two major rollercoasters and will feel the brunt of queues if either of them was to break down.

I suppose it does. But at least it is right next to SAW, so you have something remotely interesting to watch.

Now that is true. The problem is Saw always seems to brake down whilst I'm in the Samurai queue after a few minutes of watching it. Tbh as long as their despatching the ride right and running it quickly and effiecently I dont mind, its when their understaffed, taking ages and wasting time that pisses me off.Rush I think is the only flat ride queue which seems to move at a decent speed for most the time.

Nemesis and Rush are quickest I think, but Vortex and Samurai take a long time to start ride and end. Especially if One member of staff there, it takes extra long. Like a girl on Samurai who didn't put people into rows 1-6 UNTIL the ride had finished and everyone was out of their seats, wasted sooo much time.

Nemesis and Rush are quickest I think, but Vortex and Samurai take a long time to start ride and end. Especially if One member of staff there, it takes extra long. Like a girl on Samurai who didn't put people into rows 1-6 UNTIL the ride had finished and everyone was out of their seats, wasted sooo much time.

Rush is definitely an incredibly fast moving queue-line. Last week, the team working on Rush were working incredibly efficiently, which was great to see.

Nemesis and Rush are quickest I think, but Vortex and Samurai take a long time to start ride and end. Especially if One member of staff there, it takes extra long. Like a girl on Samurai who didn't put people into rows 1-6 UNTIL the ride had finished and everyone was out of their seats, wasted sooo much time

Yea I also think Nemesis and Rush are the quickest, Rush's que actually moves at a surprisingly fast rate. And on Samurai, the thing I think that wastes/takes up the most time , is opening and closing every pod's restraint's. Vortex I've given up on really and haven't been on in ages as it always has a long, slow moving Que. Also, is it me or does Slammer take an absolute age in between cycle's?