THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Great pictures, made me realise how great the view of The Swarm will be from on the Storm surge lift!Anybody think the garden behind stealth is starting to look abit.. mazelike?EDIT: is that photo from storm surge or detonator? just realised the station doesn't look in line to be storm surge haha, either way, still a great view.

It was taken from Storm Surge but Ive trimmed the picture so you can't see the lifthill ;)

Well, looking at the picture we can see how the full floor-plan of the station foundation has now taken shape, and the wooden structural moulds have been removed, so it seems the only reason the cement mixer is back on site would be because of the remaining footers. After that, the station will need just a little more structural integrity before they start bolting tonnes of metal to it, but track construction should commence soon. I figure Monday.

I'm sure I saw a crane today, well on a lorry, maybe wrong. I noticed some stealth staff were trying to stop people takin pictures from stealths platform, well oviously it's a platform.Any more info

What you may find it was RCS's crane thats been onsite for some time now assissting with another de;livery of track/supports.

I was on Park today and took a whole bunch of construction photos which can be seen over at Total Thorpe Park.Essentially the site still looks very rough, and with so many footers still yet to be filled I'm not sure how quickly we'll see construction go vertical. The whole project seems to be progressing rather slowly - if we compare The Swarm to Stealth, by this time in 2006 construction was at a noticeably more advanced stage. Comparisons aren't completely fair though because Stealth wasn't being built on reclaimed land, and had a track layout significantly more basic than The Swarm's!Anyway, although there were no huge developments seen during my visit today, I did manage to get a nice clear shot of The Swarm's track from the top of Storm Surge... :PPosted ImageOh, and the tank and entrance advert get a big thumbs up from me!

Swarm is grey, not black for one thing...And why does the track and supports having the same colour matter? Do we want a Silver Bullet look to it?Big coasters often work better as big and evil contraptions, depending on the theme of the ride of course... So why a dark colour shouldn't be chosen when this is the apocalypse, I don't know...Also, I find that darker coasters work well in photos very well, regardless of weather... And really, the colour will affect the ride in absaolutely no way... Here's something I'm gonna throw out here after riding Raptor which will probs be contraversial to a few people... Swarm will probs be the best ride at Thorpe, but it won't be the most intense due to the very nature of the ride...And if you are of considerable girth, forget it...