THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

The trench could be for a pond, couldn't it?I believe they're making some sort of pond / whatever you want to call it in that general area; if I'm looking where everyone else is that is..

You're probably right Josh; in the plans there are a series of "controlled ponds" around the helix, the corkscrew and to the right side of the drop, which is the pond I'm guessing is the trench we can see in the recent photos.EDIT: It's a bit deep though, right?

A rectangular trench? Do I sense a plane arriving at Thorpe soon?

Why would they place final theming at this stage? It would just get destroyed during construction (not to mention cause headaches when installing the track). If they have the theming at the park already, it will probably be well off the site.The station is pretty impressively sized! Is there a separate maintenance shed for the ride or will it all be integrated?Dave

Just like everyone else we won't be accessing the construction site :).Really hope that the rumours about vertical construction are true. Didn't it say somewhere that track will be completed on the 14th? Wild Eagle is going up very quickly, but I doubt swarm will take a week. SAW took two weeks which sounds like a more realistic duration for vertical construction to finish rather than one week ?

My own site, Theme Park Guide, and a few other websites will be there tomorrow so there will be plenty of construction updates. I will upload some of our pictures on here tomorrow. Apparently they have begun constructing lift hill? Dollywood's is going up very quickly so it shouldn't take long to get the swarm's track up.

Fantastic stuff, much appreciated :) Just been going through some of the plans again and noticed there appears to be some sort of upturned caravan at the station entrance which I somehow haven't notcied before. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere but I've attached a picture.....

post-4575-0-20478400-1315435426_thumb.jp

Ah yes I spotted that after plans were released. Remember the overturned car being brought up on here though.Reckon track should be complete sometime during fright nights. Doubt they will have the electrics sorted until during the closed season. They will need to get most of the track finished soon anyway so they can put most of the theming in.