THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

You mean they UPDATED the diary? I'll be damned...Once again top work from Thorpe, simply cannot fault them at all on this project...EDIT - Thanks to someone else pointing this out that Thorpe are thieving pikies like their guests though :(Posted Image

I'm sure some of them pictures are actually from when the plane was up at towers.. could be wrong though.Either way looks great!

Opening day is going to be SO RAMMED, well definitely the Swarm island at least.Most certainlly the best looking thing the park have ever installed. It doesn't really matter the dreadful gimmicky 'stories' that will no doubt flood from the marketing department soon enough, with something that looks this good, I can turn a blind eye.. ;)I must also say well done to Thorpe for keeping the photos and updates coming during the closed season.

Question is; are we all being seduced by the fact that the ride is from B&M? Raptor rides and looks so damn sexy, so we already have a great impression of the ride type.. Thing is, if we had the Intamin version instead like Furious Headache at Port Aventura, AND it was themed as heavily as what we've seen from this so far...Would we still be as excited? :(

I'm really happy to see that new set of pictures - there are loads of them too! Only thing is that I feel like they've kind of wasted a lot if it is truly 'job done' - for example there was a photo of the wheels, which don't seem to have been used. Hopefully all that stuff will be scattered about after. Major kudos though, after all the laughs when the plans were released about if it would even happen, for them to have bought a whole damn plane is pretty amazing :( Didn't look that old either, how much do we reckon they paid?

Hi I'm new to mania hub :(Thorpe Park really have done well to keep us so updated on the plane, but I hope they get some different pictures of the helicopter or the lorry. If they keep giving us more and more pictures of the plane we might miss out on some bits of the other theming :PAnyway it is still the best theming at Thorpe Park, ever! :D Edited by Neilfever

Makes me wonder what we have in store as far as the helicopters concerned.

Apache pl0x.But yeah, I've been watching the hilarity on CF this afternoon and laughing. This is why we can't have nice things... I'm totally assuming if it's so disappointing, they won't be adding to my queue time on opening day.

Apache pl0x.But yeah, I've been watching the hilarity on CF this afternoon and laughing. This is why we can't have nice things... I'm totally assuming if it's so disappointing, they won't be adding to my queue time on opening day.

Baring in mind, these are the people who slagged of Thirteen most of the closed season, went on its open day, came off and slagged it off even more, saw John Wardley and began to give it faint praise, I can see them all there on Swarms open day. How can you truely slag something off if you aren't one of the first on it afterall..

Baring in mind, these are the people who slagged of Thirteen most of the closed season, went on its open day, came off and slagged it off even more, saw John Wardley and began to give it faint praise, I can see them all there on Swarms open day. How can you truely slag something off if you aren't one of the first on it afterall..

You talking about CF or TTF?

Hadn't even noticed the envelope checker there. Also, good shout on the pipes - I also wouldn't mind betting this is why the outer engine is being kept on the wing with that support rather than on the ground as planned - there could be anything running up inside those box sections.

Do you really need to point that out? Is TPGG missing one little, full stop such a big deal. Things like these are how arguments start out. Mark, I expected better from you.And the fact that 6 people loved Mark's post furthers my point that there is a bit of bullying and ganging up on here.

Ah you see Will, my post was an in joke that Mr TPGG, has in the past seen it fit, to try and correct other peoples grammar and punctuation, regardless of how big or small the mistake is. He has particularly aimed this at me hence my post.The sad thing is, you didn't actually need to bring it up again as discussion is back on Swarm now.

You forgot to put a full stop at the end of your sentence.

:wub:

Do you really need to point that out? Is TPGG missing one little, full stop such a big deal. Things like these are how arguments start out. Mark, I expected better from you.And the fact that 6 people and Benin 'loved' Mark's post furthers my point that there is a bit of bullying and ganging up on here.

Here come the lulz police.Also, this damn ride looks amazing. Relevant post concerned with Thorpe Park for the year done!