THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Both B&M and Intamin are as bad as each other for trims.However, I don't recall the last B&M that required extensive retracking AND reprofiling only a YEAR after it originally opened.Intimadator 305, you ARE the weakest link... Goodbye.

Intimidator is by far the best Intamin I have ever ridden, actually I think its my favourite roller coaster, I have only experienced it with the 2011 track change but it was so smooth and full of airtime. :lol:

^The ENTIRE first drop and possibly new trains, I've been up for about 5 minutes at the time of this post and I can't be bothered looking further than RCDB for photographic evidence...Either way, it could be the best ride in the world, but if a new ride is so damaging to not only riders but also itself (what with the high velocity round the first corners I dread to think of the stresses and strains occuring on the track there, let alone the train tyre issues they also had) that it has to be rethunk a year later, it just doesn't cut the mustard for me...Besides, this is about Swarm, it has one trim... That is all, it won't kill the ride like the OTHER working trim in the country, it will potentially HELP the ride as Raptor's near-,misses in my opinion worked so much better because of the slower speed...And Wild Eagle is taller than Swarm, sure it's on a mountain, but they would be hard pressed NOT to build it on a mountain or valley in that area...

^The ENTIRE first drop and possibly new trains, I've been up for about 5 minutes at the time of this post and I can't be bothered looking further than RCDB for photographic evidence...Either way, it could be the best ride in the world, but if a new ride is so damaging to not only riders but also itself (what with the high velocity round the first corners I dread to think of the stresses and strains occuring on the track there, let alone the train tyre issues they also had) that it has to be rethunk a year later, it just doesn't cut the mustard for me...

true but life is about perfecting it, I'm rather excited for The Swarm I think it will be one of the best rides in the country.

Wow...... I've let that "I am Lez Cougan" one slide but this is just awful, it's like stock footage filmed for Blue Peter with a potato. Can we not just have more of those excellent big bass videos like before?A few choice track shots here and there, maybe cut in some dialogue from those original Les Coogan 01/08/11 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lumLLKf3iUs

I've not seen any of these videos either Neil and Sidders, they don't interest me at all :PHell I'm just gonna be honest at the risk of sounding like a n00b, I actually don't know anything about this Lezbo Cougan geezer plot thing :) He's the sandwich board dude who was used on park to promote Swarm, right?