Jobs At Thorpe Park

MikeC

Question

HiI really want to apply to Thorpe Park, and I notice that applications are currently open. I am 15 at the moment although I will be 16 in June. Am I allowed to apply now and then if I get an interview would I be permitted to specify that I'd be able to work part-time during the summer period (I'll be 16 then)?

I'd say apply now, if nothing else you look keen to the park, and they would be able to employ you from your birthday. You may well pick up some summer holiday work, if your lucky, and if nothing else it's good experience for you to go through the job application process for later life. Give it a shot, make sure you explain your situation and see how it turns out, after all, what have you got to loose? :wub:

Although I'm sure there's another topic based on this, do Thorpe employ 16 year olds these days? Particularly on rides? The website is SO uninformative in their job blurb.Probably better to wait till you're actually 16 if they do, they have applications in the Summer as well, so it's no rush right now.Besides, in summer you'll be expected to work more full-time than part-time.

The park have a huge recruitment thing on now, ready for the season start. So much so, I've seen it pushed recently on Twitter too. I honestly think they have too many applications of 'age ready' applicants to go through, rather than applicants who are too young.Worry not though! There are always seasonal jobs coming up and by June, there will be summer and certainly Fright Nights job opportunities coming up and with the latter, do a good job and you'll be invited back for the start of the next season too!

Like it's been said, you shouldn't be able to apply through the PeopleBank system, but it's always worth a shot.But if you aren't going to be eligible for work until June, I'd say wait until the applications for summer work appear.And I believe at 16 you can work in Rides, but you can't be a ride operator. Kind of understandable really :)RJ

No ones mentioned how you can't work on rides at thorpe until you're 18. and if you are younger you can only work in food and beverages. I plan on working weekends at Chessington when I turn 17 and moving to thorpe for full time when I turn 18.

You can be a Ride Host when you're 16, you just aren't allowed to operate anything until you're 18.

No ones mentioned how you can't work on rides at thorpe until you're 18. and if you are younger you can only work in food and beverages. I plan on working weekends at Chessington when I turn 17 and moving to thorpe for full time when I turn 18.

You can pretty much work in any seasonal department (apart from security obviously) if you're 16+, to operate rides you have to be 18.