RideSims.com

Flipper

Hi guys!Haven't seen anyone talking about it so I'll throw it up!RideSims.com got launched at the beginning of 2012. It's a site ran by TowersNerd, and features numerous ride simulations from around the UK and worldwide.It includes three Thorpe Park classics: - X:/ No Way Out - Rush - SAW: The RideAs well as some other popular rides including: - Steeplechase, Pleasure Beach Blackpool - RITA, Alton Towers - Sonic Spinball, Alton Towers - Tower of Terror, Disney - Test Track, Ferarri World?Just to name a few!It's well worth going over, signing up and playing. They're forever adding Sims to the line-up, and with three Thorpe rides; we'd be silly not to.www.ridesims.com

is there a way were you can just see the station so its like your in the control box?

As far as I'm aware there isn't at the moment, on certain rides however (RITA, X and Sonic Spinball come to mind) you can zoom in to the overview of the station by clicking a little 'plus' in the bottom right corner, so you only see the overview of the station rather than the whole ride.On SAW, Jaws, Rush etc. you can't at present.In regards to Benin and Nicky's comments, yes some of them are quite complex (designed to reflect the complexity of the ride), hence why they are rated Easy, Medium, and Hard. I don't play Jaws myself as I find it too complicated, and I also agree I fail to understand some people's patience to get the high scores. They're fun for fifteen minute blows in my view, but I couldn't get addicted for hours on end.TP1979, don't forget there is forums set up on Towers Nerd at present for Ride Sims feedback, which your Ride Sims log-in is useable for, so if you'd like to see Control Box view then put it on there; you're not the only person who's been asking! :mellow:

Wow, this is a great website! I used to sometimes play the ones on TTF or ATA or wherever it was of Nemesis and Air, but the quality always varied and there wasn't a great selection so it's great to see this site with attractions from other places and all made to a very high standard. I too love the ROTM one Sheeps - I got to 50,000 last night and put myself second on the leaderboard for the day :mellow: I seemed to have found a weird way of getting the best efficiency though - I was despatching one train to the hold as another arrived from offload, so might try it with despatching both at once as in real life and see how that goes. I was using manual track switches though, and in the correct way. God what a neek :D Think I'll try the Jaws one in a minute, I haven't played that yet!

Wow, this is a great website! I used to sometimes play the ones on TTF or ATA or wherever it was of Nemesis and Air

Glad your liking it! It may have been TTF you we're playing it on, but don't forget that (sticking more site advertising in here) you have more Sims, that are slightly older still on TowersNerd.. http://towersnerd.com/features/games/The current old list is:They are all made to the same standard as RideSims too, and you can still points-score on them. I believe he's redoing some or all of those sims to a new standard and with the new points system slowly, for RideSims but I may be wrong. Just adds to your line up, but note all the ones on TowersNerd are Towers ones :mellow:

Anyone know what the breaktimers are for on X no way out? I don't get it.

Its basically as Ricky said, adjustable so trains sit for longer or shorter on the brakes. I think the idea of it is so that you can slow down the ride as an overall factor because you lose points if trains sit for too long on the brake runs; so by giving them a longer brake timer, if you're a slow operator, you don't lose points if you follow what I mean.Glad you're all enjoying the site! Credit to John Burton from TowersNerd for creating the site! :D

Its basically as Ricky said, adjustable so trains sit for longer or shorter on the brakes. I think the idea of it is so that you can slow down the ride as an overall factor because you lose points if trains sit for too long on the brake runs; so by giving them a longer brake timer, if you're a slow operator, you don't lose points if you follow what I mean.Glad you're all enjoying the site! Credit to John Burton from TowersNerd for creating the site! :D

Ah okay, thanks :D

• 3 weeks later...

I sense Sub Terra might be a surprise this year...

Agreed. Sub Terra could be seen as a 'dark horse', mainly because of what everyone thinks they're gonna get from it. In a way, expectations aren't particularly high. Swarm's got a harder job, as people are seeing what's going on, and it's got a LOT of expectation to live up to; if it doesn't meet that high bar, then people will be disappointed. Anyways, RideSims.com...