Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

As Altitude says, most of that is regurgitated from the MTDP, and then misinterpreted.

The next coaster can have a maximum height of 50m (approx 164ft) and, lifted exactly from the MTDP, "no more than 9 vertical loops", which is indeed a weird way of wording it...

The opening date of the next coaster is unknown. However, in the plans submitted for the new Crash Pad, they said it's "unlikely" the new coaster would be built by the end of the current MTDP, ie by 2016. So, it's possible the new coaster won't open until 2017 - at the earliest.

Basically, the TPC news is all stuff regurgitated from what's been discussed on the forums, and then skewed slightly. Personally, I haven't always found TPC to always reliable/trustworthy, but that's just me.

Sorry guys! Was just repeating what he said!

• 3 weeks later...

Good point.

A couple weeks back (not sure if this has been mentioned) TP posted on their facebook about a wooden rollercoaster. You can see on google earth that there is quite a bit of space for Thorpe to play with where rocky express used to be, and besides stealth. Maybe building another Island in either of these two areas could create space for a good sized rollercoaster. My hopes are an RMC woody. Smooth, able to have inversions. It would be cool to see it in the rocky express area, it would fit neatly into the western theme, and to see something compact would be pretty cool too.

yeah not sure if it's possible with space (as it's over a lake and by another ride), I would also love to see a RMC woodie with an inversion or 2 intertwining with loggers leap, would be great in with the trees etc. (like outlaw run), and wouldn't need a lot (besides name) to fit in with the themeing of the area in my opinion.

I like how outlaw run isn't compact and can be spread over a larger area, whereas with wooden rollercoasters they like to keep the track togther to try and create less individual length of supports under the track (hence having a lot of track side by side etc.), and would work perfect going around the outside of the lake where the loggers leap / rocky express train track is! :)

^^ They can't build any more islands as of yet, the water level is getting too high. Plus it's SO expensive.

Still still have around Loggers Leap, where the Jungle Safari was, the new island next to Swarm, the Crash Pad site and even Neptune's Beach. They don't need to do much lake filling right now haha :D

Thorpe are at least 12 or 13 inversions behind SFMM. Realistically, Thorpe would have to add another 2 multi-looping coasters - and hope SFMM and none - to take the record away.

In a park the size of Thorpe, 3 coasters which have a main focus on inversions is a bit of an overkill to say the least.

^ I guess you retract your point then? Hahaha.

Also, I doubt they'd get a coaster like Khan. They have Colossus.

I think they will be looking for something completely separate to their current coasters. It would be nice to see them build a rollercoaster with no inversions just a nice, longish track, and lots of airtime. I would definately like to see a wooden coaster but if not then a B&M hyper or mega coaster please thorpe :)

PLEASE don't make it go upside down. I really don't want that gimmick on a woodie. However I do want to know what it feels like to go upside down with just a lap bar **heads to gforce at drayton manor**.

I have never been on any other type of lap bar coaster that includes inversions... but please do not go by g-force, as much as I want to love the ride, I absolutely HATE the waist/hip restraints - I come off crushed and not able to breathe!