Everything posted by Benin
-
The Crash Pad
That awkward moment when..........
-
The Crash Pad
Great choice of colours... I love the pointless gate too... That'll stop people...
-
Vampire
They USED to have that sign with the new trains as well, I remember many a time with announcements and the like really pushing that fact... Unfortunately, Chessie has slipped way past the acceptable scale of speaking to customers on rides... Some roles should have it, others (Vampire platforming as one example) should have absolute minimum guest contact and focus solely on getting them on and off the ride as quick as possible... No more days of 1000+ an hour is disgraceful...
- The Swarm
-
Parks, Rides And Coaster News
Shame it'll be the only thing worth riding at the park eh?
- The Swarm
-
Rant
I know that feel, had to miss Palace/Villa in the admin season cos of Valentine's... Never again will I shun my true love for some individual...
-
Vampire
That's fine, it's just the volume at which it's played is the issue (can be heard from batch gate, and causing the queue bars inside to physically vibrate </3)
-
Vampire
All the engineers have to do is turn down the volume of the PA against the music... It's not even a case of ride staff loving the sound of their own voice (although it is an issue at times) but it's not their fault it's so bloody loud... It is a big problem though...
-
Vampire
Wasn't that when it was being brought out for the first time of the year (Easter) and valleyed in the tunnel on the trims?
-
Oblivion
Fortunately Swarm's don't do this as badly as Raptor's... An improvement on the prototype!
-
Tidal Wave
Fanta? Dr Pepper surely?
-
The Smiler
Curious track piece is... Curious...
-
Alton Towers General Discussion
If I recall off the top of my head, it's a negatory...
-
Food Outlets
Forever locked means they can seat people properly... Saw the BBQ a few times and ate there at the Chessie Conservation Evening a year or two back... Typical BBQ fare really... It never made sense with Chicken Co on park as well, the place isn't big enough to get away with it...
-
2013 Changes
I don't think really anyone would care if Saw Alive was removed for good and the Belle returned to the education centre format... Of course, lack of a 'true' new ride (turning coaster cars around does not a decent investment make) could cause the park further low attendance issues...
-
Vampire
Don't have to move it (assuming the curent existing queue doesn't change, which it doesn't have to, it's good enough as is really bar a bit more theming dotted around)... I think the 'official' reason for it's removal was that the ride couldn't cope with working with 3 trains... By this, I think they meant the staff can't due to the obscene amount of stacking that occurred the last few times I saw it on 3 trains...
-
Food Outlets
Chessie's Fake Nando's is actually the worst Merlin food outlet in all the parks... Why they got rid of the pub for it I have no idea... It's absolute turd...
-
SAW: The Ride
Surely the contract renewal will cost money as well? Hence why the ride is so poorly themed outside with those amazing 'props' from the film, cos all the money went on getting the name in? I've always questioned Merlin's choice of IPs though, what with Saw, Ice Age and Shrek (Towers Farm retheme idea that fortunately died before it happened) are all essentially dead or dying franchises with minimal lasting appeal, especially when you compare to what Drayton and Paultons have done with clever long lasting IPs... Maybe they were cheaper...
-
Vampire
I'd be happier if they would run 3 trains again... Sigh, give me early 2008 operations again... Those were the days...
-
Food Outlets
I've had some pretty awful times at Glass House (hour wait, forgotten orders, the infamous no salt of 2009)... It's improved recently though, like most Merlin outlets, should defo try it again Dan... (Though it's not a PATCH on Woodcutters <3)
-
Oblivion
If by update you mean get shiny new tvs then yes... Cannot change perfection...
-
Vampire
Why would they have to remove the kiosk? No need either when it makes money...
-
Chessington 2013
1 - Dunno, didn't eat there, looked to be the same if not similar though... 2 - The usual repaint of the interior 3D effects making them look 3D after a year of wear and tear... At least they do it...
-
Vampire
Could easily make the wall go along to the lockers... Boom, themed connected queueline... Themed entrance would be made of joy, but the odds on it happening are as ever, quite low... We can but dream...