Thorpe Park Trip Reports

6th AugustSo me and Ricky went to Thorpe Park. Was quite busy but died off at the end due to rides closing and the rain!Samurai was one of the ONLY major rides running without a break down.Stealth rolled back, which I haven't seen for a while now! It was shortly after they added the second train if I remember correctly! It also broke down earlier as well.Park was kept rather clean and tidy and didn't really see any drama.So all was good up until whenever Inferno closed which I can't remember now... 2.30ish? (please confirm Ricky) and it stayed closed for the rest of the day.So from 6.30pm it really went wrong for Thorpe. Slammer had problems, Saw had minor technical difficulties and Colossus had some kind of bolt fall off from the train/track as the engineer was about with his binoculars looking at the top of the lift hill where the train was stopped. I had this confirmed as I overheard some of the conversation over the radio asking if there was an exact location it fell. He then went back to look at the lift hill.Queued for Saw last, still raining it shut down 5-6 times within the 15 minute queue. The engineer eventually decided to stay in the console and sort out any problems.All in all was a good day, just annoyed that at one point Nemesis Inferno, Colossus, Saw and Slammer were all down.I am also rather proud of myself as I fixed a Bose 251 by Colossus Bridge!

Me and Mark went for a few hours today.Park looked good, dance music coming out made a nice change.Wasnt to busy atall either, got on all rides, did Colossus 3 times now its nice and not rough =D All rides were open, samurai had a issue lowering once, and saw got stuck etc but was sorted fairly quickly.

Trip report for yesterdayThe day started off fairly busy but from about 7 most ride's were less than 5 mins.SAW broke down twice I think, Nemesis Inferno didnt open untill the afternoon, Stealth closed severall times.Ride coun:SAW x5Colossus x2Stealth x3Nemesis Inferno x3Samurai x2Slammer x1Loggers Leap x1Rush, Vortex, Depth Charge x1Most of the staff were very good today, and improved the day :POverall had a great day at Thorpe Park.

nice ride count there :P How come you got on Saw 5 times?After 7, did it get dark?Am I gonna get a warn for asking too many questions? :P

Thank you :PIn the last few hours I went on SAW 3 times as there was about a 10 min queue :DAnd then twic during the dayAnd no, it didnt get dark after 7 :P

Altough I was on one of the last rides of SAW yesterday and the lights outside were on :P

The lights were also on for me when I went right at the start of August.I do agree though that it can defeat the object in some ways of having Fright Nights when the "freeky coloured" lights are in use.Could call it a Fright Nights preview? :P

TP 10/08/09 ReportVery good day, went with two of my friends and my brother and it turned out to be really good!When we got there we went to Saw only to be met by two members of staff who said it wasn't open. Grief stricken :P , we went to Colossus, which was a walk-on, thank god.The queues in the first hour and a half stayed pretty much under half an hour, then by midday they were something like this:Saw-80 minsColossus-90 minsSamurai-50 minsNemesis-55 minsLoggers-75 mins(I think those are correct, otherwise my memory has failed me)And for some bizzare reason, at about 11am Tidal Wave had a queue of 75 mins, when it looked about 15. Either that, or the operators had got it wrong :P I have found a new love: Warm Donuts! oh my god I tried them when my friend bought them and I dont really have to explain what happened next. Lets just say I had about 5 leftover by the time we left the park. :D RC:ColossusNemesis x2Samurai x4Loggers LeapSlammer x2VortexStealth x2SawZodiacRush x3Canada Creek Railway (lol)DetonatorFlying Fish^^not in order btw^^Thats about it, we saw part of the quiz thing in the dome when we went to go get our Saw fastracks, but not much of it. And we saw some of the fungineers near Stealth, quite funny but a bit random :D Great day :P 10/10Also, adding to the lights conversation above, we saw the lights on Samurai in front of us when we were on it, and it looked pretty good but not that convinient for the time of day. Do you know if they have an automatic timer on them or something like that? Because we saw some of the outside lights turn on as well at about 6:30.

Trip report for yesterday, Ride CountSAW - 2Colossus - 2Nemesis Inferno - 3Stealth - 4Rush - 1Detonator - 2Zodiac - 1Quantum - 1Vortex - 1Time Voyagers - 1CCR - 1Samurai - 1Slammer - 1Loggers Leap - 1Queues ranged from around 30-60mins, I saw no rides go over an hour other than SAW which peaked at 80mins.HighlightsVery bearable queues,Getting such a high ride count,Detonator was so much fun (see Detonator topic to see what happened)Thorpe had tried pretty hard with their Gameshow "Whats the worst that could happen?"Seeing all the lights on at 8pm,LowpointsThis is a big story, so prepare yourself, so we are in a 20min queue for Colossus the 4 of us and these coloured chavs start pushing past everyone violently saying they are getting to their friends, my friend stops them and tells them they are queue jumping, and they start getting seriously angry, but they weren't going to try anything in the middle of the Colossus queue, so we get on the same train as them becuase we didn't let them pass, and after the ride they start giving us really intimidating looks and following us (bearing in mind these guys are like 17-19 years old) and we generally didn't feel safe, so we go to guest services and they call sercurity and we give a description of them, and if he finds them they will be kicked out of the park for queue jumping, violent abuse to people in the queue and making people feel insercure, we were told we did the right thing, we felt better after this and we didn't see them again, but this was around 7:30ish and they were probally on their way out anyway.Somewhere in the middle points :)Some idiot kicked their shoe off at a high swing on Vortex and very nearly hit me, it hit the back of my head rest :S.Overall great day apart from the one lowpoint.

Great trip report, shame about the Chavs thing, That is the one thing that puts me off saying something, I usually just wait and tell an op as it's easier for them to handle it than me. A couple of years ago at Fright Nights, it was 2006 or 2007, and the que for Stealth was 2 and a half- 3 hours and it was about 8.00pm I think, and this group of 4 huge coloured guys, I would say about 25, came hurtling through the queline, they got about 3 quarters of the way through and this Granny I would bet money she was over 60, stopped them , on her own with no friends/family with her. One of the guys then shoved/pushed her into the fence, so they got through, when this happened the whole que went silent. Then someone I was with called a number that was supplied somewhere to call about que jumping, and some security guys came and removed them as they were just about to get on the ride. It's so annoying how people think they have the right not to que.

Glad you had a good trip Tim, just a shame about what happened. While we're on the subject of Queue Jumping, I saw the "Zone Signs" in the SAW queue last week, and wondered if they were new? I can't remember seeing them before, but it's definitely a good idea - so that security can get to the problem much quicker.

Glad you had a good trip Tim, just a shame about what happened. While we're on the subject of Queue Jumping, I saw the "Zone Signs" in the SAW queue last week, and wondered if they were new? I can't remember seeing them before, but it's definitely a good idea - so that security can get to the problem much quicker.

Thanks, I saw them aswell, and thought they were a good idea, suddenly now nobody smokes in the queue. :).