Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I went to TP today (10th feb. 07) and it was rubbish but they are building a new roller coaster and the staff would not tell me anything,I would have to wait and see but it will go underground like Oblivion at Alton Towers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I somewhat doubt that, seeing as if they dig too far down at Thorpe there's a fairly good chance they'll hit water, or things will start to collapse...Apart from that, good trip report, all be it a little hard to read! =]

Here we go.Generally pissed off with today, waste of time. Thorpe is starting to piss me off.Colossus closed for 1 1/2hours, which was crap. Canada Creek totally closed off. Calypso Quay, suprisingly quiet.Flying Fish looks great, with most parts in now.Arena is having StreetXtreme in for 2007, as everything is still as it was afetr last season, and infilling by Samurai going quite far out. Everything that was open today, will stay open until March. Infenro opening in March, so only another month.The old Zodiac is still somewere around the site, but I can't say where.Nothing doen to X, except sound. Rumba has had everything saying Ribena removed. Quantum was on a great setting today, same with Vortex.Staff are crap, as usual, but there are some people there who are really good. In general, it was s**t. Wastee of time, wait until it opens fully.Positives:-Rides open today where great. Flats on good settings, and Colossus not too bad.-Flying Fish looks good.-I know where Zodiac is :) -Infilling going well-Great picturesNegatives:-Weather-Lack of rides-Staff-Food-Canada Creek closed off, so difficult to navigate around park-XNWO not changed at ALL-Thorpe is going down the pan. Oh, and the coaster will NOT being goign underwater, and be either a 4D or a Flyer. Not from me, but my source :) Pics Soon

Trip Report 10/02/07Thorpe Park was pretty alright today, got to the park to find the huge craft fair tent still there so the carpark was in a bit of a frenzy. Traditional run a jump-hug with some of the SP folk and into the parks. They have niffty new turnstiles which look good.The dome is looking nice. Now includes: Caffe Neros, Glasshouse Bar and Kitchen, Sweets and Souverneers (the big and small shop have been knocked through to make one big shop), Photo Point (moved to the other side) and Arcades. New shop looks abit plain but other than that its looking good. They have got rid of Dancing Heads (YESS!), although singstar was on - probably wont be there all season. And aparently the dome is getting new music.First ride was vortex. Some one we knew was operating so top seats. Then we went over to X:/ No Way Out - No real change, although it has been painted and new lights have been installed. Looking much smarter - rumours have it that the elevators are to return and there will be a Pre- Ride video. The ride seems alot smoother though. I think they replace the droid aswell, it certainly seems more active.Stealth was the same as ever, the launch didn't feel faster. Still a great ride mind you :) Colossus was up and running again so we went on that - hell yes I love that ride. Excellent. Colossus Shop has been moved around abit, you can now look out of the window again which is good news.Rush's nets were down, but they wern't broken - I expect they had to take them down to make way for various macheinery which had to go past it. Canada Creek was blocked off from the Colossus entrance and the other side. Just infilling, but definatly not for an oblivion type ride - unless you want the world first drowing coaster. Samurai's Pods were off, as was slammers top bit.Flying fish I coming on nicely, it is looking good (new colour scheme ect) but it is looking abit bare. Note that the entrance to the ride isnt what it is on the plans and is looking very Amity Cove. Can also see the huge empty space where the hotel is going to be situated - I look forward to seeing that start construction soon. I think thats all. Can't think of anything else. Over all though it was a good day, but mainly just to explore the park and see whats changed and it was brilliant to meet up with the SouthParks lot again. Really sorry I didnt make the TPM meet up, was stuck in the Stealth queue when Nathan reminded me. (I am not sure whether it went ahead in the end, I know nobody turned up to the SP meet). Like I said, good day - but only for us fanboys. I wouldnt have paid full price for today.I will edit this post with some pictures at some point, but there was nothing that new.

Well firstly went to get my ap with my mates, I got mine fine then the machine wouldn't accept her card so that was 45mins down the drain. Got into the park went to x:/ no way out waited for an hour becasue someone was sick. Got on and was almost sick. Headed for vortex yada yada yada.Went on rides yada yada yada.Saw Chris on vortex (was sitting next to him).Saw Joe, James and Beth.Went to x:/ no way out had to wait again because someone had been sick.Had some lunch/dinner.Got bored.Called James while on x:/ no way out.Went on Colossus and had the last ride and then went on 3 times in a row.Pretty good day. Except for the rain.Edit: I added the yada yada yada bits otherwise if would be quite long, this is kinda a summary of my day.

Would not suprise me at all if Samurai was packed down, transported to the warehouse by up from the dome, then put back in, maybe in a different position. Just an idea though. As it's on a trailer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That will probably be the case in 2008. Might even get sent back to modial for a refub or somthing to improve ride experience or somthing - who knows.

The pods are currently in another country at the moment. back with mondial.But dont expect samurai to open when the area opens back up we still have to wait for the driggera dn trucks to move out to a safe distance away from it.Haha funny image in my head now of the operator tell the riders to duck and lift their legs to aviod being hit.