Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Well yesterday I went to thorpe park with my ex-scout group.We arrived at roughly 11 and after taking a peek at the glass house bar we headed straight for colosuss. We queued for front row in about 15mins and this boosted our confidence that is was going to be quiet. After a really smooth Colosuss we headed for Zodiac simply because me and me friend are really keen on it for some reason. We had a nice spin on vortex but unfortunately we didn't get fantastic seats but we still enjoyed it. And then for the big daddy, Stealth. Waited about 10 minutes and then she broke down on us and we were given priority passes:D. So we decided as we had an hour to use up before meeting with the rest of the group, why not have a tea cup marathon? We got on it about 4 times and had quite a laugh. Then a scrumptious under 12 buffet at pizza hut and we noticed stealth was up and running. We couldn't use our priority passes on Stealth, Fish or Depth Charge so we queued about 1/2 hour for a extreme back row experience. Stealth was only on 1 train today but it was understandable. We then started our trip once again at Colosuss with a head banging back row ride followed again by zodiac and we used our Passes for Vortex. After this it was to stealth for another ride and low and behold we are waiting in the gates as our friend is only the train for stealth to brake down again whilst we were in the queue. Fortunately this was for only a few minutes. Had a ncie disscusion with a guy called paul who was a host. Then head over to colosuss to find that broken! So I think we just headed for stealth for our 4th go we got on the front row and I didn't think it would be better then the back but it WAS! So it's coming to 4:45 we we have to leg it to straight re ride and we saw a host close the queue line behind us (except for one small group) meaning we were on the last ride of the day. We were quite excited so we are at the gates for the back and a op comes out the booth (?) and tells everyone to leave the station immediately. We see smoke, we leg it, we see about 50 staff run to stealth including security, we ask for more priority passes even though everything was closed and just find ourselves by the tidal wave entrance being hused by staff. My friend left his bag in pizza hut so he went to one of the bosses (I doubt they were that senior) and whilst sorting out his bag asks about Stealth and we were told a smoke machine that had not worked for a long time decided to work and give out all the smoke it had missed (or mist:P). We waited by the glass house for a while for my friend and not long after see Staff riding Stealth! She's fine Very Happy.Highlights- Park wasn't busy- The flying fish opened- The park was spotless due to the new 2 bins in every 5m policy.- Tea Cups Marathon!- Very Very few Chavs.- I discovered the sunken garden- I saw the inffiled Island, Tis quite a biggen!- Glass House and rest of the dome are looking snazzy!Lowlights- The fish queue was long- The fish is now much slower- Stealth broke down 3 times out of 4 in front of me- Nemesis Inferno has a horrible amount of mould/crud on the track just before the tunnel.- Half the park openRide Count-Colosuss x3- Front, Back, 3rd RowZodiac x2Vortex x2Stealth x4- Front and back x3Storm In A Tea Cup x4Pizza Hut x1- It's a ride to me!Just another note to increase speculation, Some trees were tagged a little while ago and I can confrim some trees (dunno if they were the same ones) have been cut down and are lying down as you start loggers on the right.

Also went on Sunday, was also in queue when everything happened at stealth but anyway ride count...Stealth - 4Colossus - 2Vortex - 6 Zodiac - 2Fish - 2Quantum - 3Teacups - 1Mr.mokeys - 1First trip of 2007! Was happy to be at Thorpe again for the first time this year.

Also went on Sunday, was also in queue when everything happened at stealth but anyway ride count...Stealth - 4Colossus - 2Vortex - 6  (5 of those rides I had the Best seats!)Zodiac - 2Fish....duuude! - 2Quantum - 3Teacups - 1Mr.mokeys - 1First trip of 2007! Was Extremely happy to be at Thorpe again after being separated for so long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

were you the very last people? Or waiting at the barriers?

Took a trip to Thorpe today and this is what happened...Time arrived - 11:35Time left - 5:30Attendants - Joe, James, Dann, ClaraRide Count - Samurai - 1Colossus - 2Stealth - 1Flying Fish - 4Tea Cups - 1Nemesis Inferno - 2X:\ - 2(A photo day)Arrived at the park then went straight to the toilets as the one on the train was broken. Then headed to Fish (1 min queue) for my first ride ever on it =] and I really enjoyed it. Then went over to Inferno because I had been waiting to go on it since fright nights for my 50th go on it. Was only on one train so the queue took about 45 mins. As soon as we had ridden the second train came on. Then we went over to Hot dogs and Nachos and had a very enjoyable hot dog. That was all my money spent. Headed over towards Colossus which had barely nothing of a queue so we went on. Anyway the day went on same as usual not much interesting happened. Something weird happened at stealth but I was too busy re riding the Fish over and over.Loved the new X! was great I took a few pictures of the queueline which you will be able to see below. Great blue and red lights in the queue, great new music, sorry I didn't manage to get a recording. It had some funny heads in the interior and some blue lights. It looked alot lighter than it used to.PhotosPictures from dayVideosColossus on ride video backwards!(might want to turn your head while watching)Samurai off ride video(Another general video to be added shortly)

Was at thorpe today also but sorry joe forgot to tell you I were going. :) Ride Count - Stealth -2Samurai -3Colossus -2Fish -1Nemferno -2X:\ WTF -2RR -1loggers -1Tidal wave -1Vortex -2Good day today, looking gorward to when Rush, Slammer and Detty open.

Well I'm doing my trip report on both saturday and sunday.On saturday I went with Joe,James and Dann.Got to the park just before opening got first ride on Samuraiand then headed towards X(loved the queue line lights and video) then inferno and stealth.Then after fish were we hanged around til we meet up with joe and james.Had a really funny ride on fish with james and then we all went round park went round the park. The park was quite busy and everything was on one train..even x.Which me and Dann ended up queing about 45mins and after we left the que had gotten much larger and out of the piramind.We saw a few southparks halfway through the day too.Also spent most our time by Tidal wave photos talking to Daniel Boyd.On sunday,went to the park with Dann,Marc and Mini MarkGot there a bit after opening the park was completely dead and within the first 40mins of the day stealth had already rolled back twice and also ended up being closed for half the day due to high winds.When it did eventually open it was being half loaded for the rest of the day and was no longer walk on. However every other ride was walk on. The weather went too great seeing as it closed down stealth and then inferno at one point as it seemed to start snowing. That day seemed better out of the two with all the deadnessRide countStealth: 12Samurai: 8Inferno: 5Fish: 10Collusus: 2Mr monkeys: 1Teacups: 6X: 8overall a great weekend with some funky people:)

Are two trains running on Stealth now? Because when I went on Saturday, Stealth was only operating one, resulting a 45-60 minute queue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not one point dueing the day I saw the stealth queue go further than 20 mins. I think by 45-60 mins your exadurating a bit there.

Well Stealth needed two trains on Saturday!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it didn't, that would just cause more breakdowns and if it had rolled back more hastle with getting the train back into the station.

No it didn't, that would just cause more breakdowns and if it had rolled back more hastle with getting the train back into the station.

To be fair it could roll back any day through out the season, so that isnt really a good reason... the best reason is probably the train needs work maybe?

Not one point dueing the day I saw the stealth queue go further than 20 mins. I think by 45-60 mins your exadurating a bit there.No it didn't, that would just cause more breakdowns and if it had rolled back more hastle with getting the train back into the station.

I also queued 45 minutes on Saturday. Was definitly more then the 5 minutes they were advertising at the queue entrance.. Secondly it doesn't matter if they didn't need the second train, it would have been nice to not have to queue so long.

I also queued 45 minutes on Saturday. Was definitly more then the 5 minutes they were advertising at the queue entrance.. Secondly it doesn't matter if they didn't need the second train, it would have been nice to not have to queue so long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, it seems to be general laziness unless there is a problem with the train (which I don't think there is) if they can run two trains.. then why don't they>_>

Probably the most boring and embarrassing visit I ever had.Was advised by the staff at advance ticket collection that nemesis and stealth will be closed due to the weather, strangely enough they were probably the only 2 rides operating when we got in. The park was dead as anything, there must of been no more than 100 people waiting outside at 10.went on nemesis and as we started goin the the first hill, 4 of us in the front row got covered in what we were told after was rusty water, me, my cousin an the young couple next to us were covered in this dirty waterI got 2 free tickets for it an dan an the other guy at guest services were great. it was too embarrassing to stay at the park so we left at 11:30, I didn't really want to travel 200 miles to be at thorpe park for only 90 minutes, complete waste of time an money. first time I have ever had to visit guest services with a problem an I hope it is the last. ride count-:Stealth - 2Nemesis - 1 but would rather of been 0X - 1Flying Fish - 1 (waste of time re-installing it)Worst overall trip I have ever had at thorpe :oDan