Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Ok, So it's my first visit of 2007 today. I was expecting it to suck, what with the ammount closed but it was acctually ok. Got boring towards the end repeatly riding Stealth. Colossus shut twice, maybe a third time, cant quite remember.

and
.Vortex had problems at the begging of the day, but after that was working fine. Stealth had no problems what so ever, very impressed. Queue time ranged from 2 mins to 10.The park didn't look too bad, the photos that were posted on SP made it look worse than it acctually is. Now on to X. Urm, what to say. Its just as well they havn't finished it, becuase it would be even worse than it previously was IMO. The soundtrack has been removed and now has some random SFX. There are lights going down the center of the paths inside so you can see everything, no more UV lights, which is a shame. The trains still go backwards. There is no longer "Please remain seated through out the duration of the ride" announcment, just silence. In the station there a few new green lights which look ok. Inside the ride are a few small lights dotted around the place, again looks ok. Urm thats pretty much about it. Same old X. If your confused and dont have a clue what I'm on about:
On the whole it was an Ok day. Now for some random video:

Here is my trip report from Saturday.Saturday 10th February 2007I got to the park around 09:22 and went to get my Annual Pass. Then headed towards the gates. The gates were already opened so I went straigh to Vortex after looking at the new Glass House (which was closed).Then after Vortex I headed towards Colossus, which was testing so I decided to get some Hot Chocolate. Then afterwards I saw people heading towards Colossus Shop (where I assumed it was open), so I ran to the Colossus entrance and got in to the station where I queue up for the front and no was there yet apart from the people who already neen loaded. The gates wouldn't close so we all waited like 25 minutes, as they provided fastrack passes as a thanks for our patience. I then decided to head towards Stealth and went straight to the Single Rider with 1 person infront of me. Go on that and I must say I didn't feel any difference from the so called up-grade. Still a great ride though. Then I headed to around Calpyso Quay to see whats been changed, then Burger King. After that I headed towards X. Nothing much has changed about from the re-paintings, lighting, installed queue line video (not operating) and the new sound effects.Then I decided to do Vortex again, then Quatum and Zodica, Depth Charge and another look around. I am not going to go on for ever so here is summary of my daySummaryPositive's- Got my first Annual Pass.- A good feeling to get in the park again.- Great rides.- The staff were great.- A fair amount of sunshine.- Fair queue times.- Amity Cove was still playing WWTP Radio even when Tidal Wave was closed.Negative's- The amounth of rides closed.- The park wasn't very clean.- A few fixes need to be done around the park.- The amount of people who were sick on X.- The rain.- 1 train operating for Colossus and Stealth.- Dissapointed groups of people walking around the park to see what was open.- Journey on the way home with smelly rugby fans on the train (packed!).Other- Single Rider signs were still there for Vortex, Rush and Detonator (from what I saw).- 3 People were sick on X.- A member of staff whilst waiting for Colossus gates to close told me that in 2010 Thorpe Park are taking Air from Alton Towers, and that it was going underground (?).- Glass House and Flying Fish looks cool.- Detonator seat-less.- Samurai pod-less.- Rush had 1 restraint missing.- Canada Creek closed, and work is being done.Ride CountVortex - 2Colossus - 2Stealth - 2Depth Charge - 1Zodiac - 1Quatum - 2X - 3

Went to Thorpe today for first trip of 2007, and to be honest I had a awesome day. I didn't bother going to the closed rides but when stealth's q consists of a set of empty steps do you blame me? All what was due to open opened and all seemed to be on time apart from Colossus (Yes that means stealth opened on time) Shut-downs on Colossus seemed to be the thing happening all day nothing else really (yes that means stealth didn't shut-down once)X q looks all nice and repained and looking forward to seeing the finished effort in March!Seemed to be a nice atmosphere in the park and on the rides for example at Colossus they were asking what people thought was better Thorpe or Alton, there was a big cheer for Thorpe but not half as big as the cheer when they asked about Thorpe or Chessington!The improvements around the park for example the glass house bar and the other dome changes look great, the thing which wasn't so good though are the things which would actually cost nothing to sort out but I'm sure in time we will see these little things ironed out.Ride Count (mostly guesses really)Stealth: 12Colossus: 3Vortex 3X:\ No Way Out: 2Didnt even ride all what was on offer but can say I had a great day, seemed to spend most of the day on the phone!

Wow what a day....Woke up at around 8:30 and left at 9:00 got in a huge traffic jam but by 11 we were there. The first ride was stealth and the queue was amazingly short which was brilliant to know so we rode that and I must say 1.1=1.0 to be honest but still an amazing ride and damn its high. Also quite good Laurence Wells from southparks.org asked me to move so he could sit in his seat that had his name on it BUT I SAT ON IT LATER HA HA. Then went on the tea-cups which was a lot of fun and a group from southparks.org got told off for having 7 people in one cup.Then did more stealth can't get enough of that thing. Then it was off to depth charge and while queueing for it got a good look of the fish meh it looks a bit dry at the moment all the men did all day was work on the bridge.Also while on colossos had a look at the area for 2009 coaster it is quite a big space.X no way out is also really good the droid at the star might put soem fear into people who have no idea what the ride is like.Overall the day was great I did miss by fix on nemmy but that did not matter as the park although was quite unclean is till a great park and I can not wait for the official opening.Also no photos as I forgot to use the camera ha ha

- A member of staff whilst waiting for Colossus gates to close told me that in 2010 Thorpe Park are taking Air from Alton Towers, and that it was going underground (?).

Something tells me they *might* have been bulls**tting...

seemed to spend most of the day on the phone!

Don't we know it...Plus, you said you were going to be positive, but FFS!-------------------------------I also went on the 11th. Don't do trip reports, but heh, I was just ill and miserable all day. Nice to see peoples though.

Great day. Wonderful weather, and the staff were brill. Was in Lost City most of the day, and ventured out for food an pictures. SWitting on Zodiac, watching the dispatch team chase each other with blow up hammers was entertaining. Colossus not as good as last week, but still great. Vortex boring today. Me, being Mr-Lets-Whore-Up-Quantum, whored that up most of the day. Stealth + Hands up = W00T!!! Took some great photos. Saw a few familiar staff there today, who recognised me. Talked to the attendent in the bag area of X:\WTF today, and teased her about how much more I knew about TP.Positives:-Rides open today where great. Flats on good settings, and Colossus not too bad.-Flying Fish will have train next week.-Zodiac in front of pod is fun-Infilling going well-Great pictures-Staff-Weather-Inferno MAY be opening next Saturday, if not, the on 10th-Fish opening 10th March-X:/WTF closing after tommorrow.Negatives:-Chavs. GRRRRR.-Lack of rides-Canada Creek closed off, so difficult to navigate around park-Bloody BINS!!!!Pics SoonCountQuantum x5Vortex x2Zodiac x6Colossus x1Stealth x2Teacups x1Depth Charge x1X:/WTF x2

Went to thorpe today was a bit rubbish.Although the website said Colossus would be open it was not, many other proplems aswelsteath x5 (once a front) (que ranged from 10-25mins)vortex x3 (que ranged from 5-15mins)quatum x4 (que ranged from 0-5mins)mr monkets banna boat ride - x4 (que ranged from 0-5mins)carsel x3 (que ranged from 0-0mins)Zodiac x1 (que ranged from 5-15mins)x no was out x1 (que ranged from 0-5mins + half an hour to walk though the rubbish path)Steath broke once for about 40mins at 11:00 ishVortex kept having 5 min breaknows :) You only got free tickets if you paid to get in no annual passes which is a bit bad as I can't give them to my friends :mellow: Half of the park is closed off from before the shop to just before the carsel.Really don't think it is worth thorpe oping with 5 good rides (+ carsel, x no was out, depth charge and pctopuis garden rides :( )Steath is still great though and after last year I am suprised it is the one rollercoster which is open...

Went today too.Got there at around 11 found out Colossus was shut but when found out getting refunds was quite alritght about it still it ticked me off that there was literally nothing open.Stealth was great as usualy finally worked out where the best to sit is (at the back). X:/ no way out was a lot of fun although they said the queue was 40 mins it was walk-on :) Quantum was fun vortex was crap kept breaking down stealth was only down once when I queued for a while but go running again.Overall it was an alright day great day for riding stealth but notma great day for everythin else fish is looking good :mellow: Count:Stealth-7Quantum-2X:/no way out:3Depth charge: 1Vortex-0 (gave up)

I found out what the real problem is with Colossus today, its not the lift hill.

What was it had better been good because it really annoyed me :(

• 2 weeks later...

One of the weirdest days yet I think.Got there at 10 saw that stealth was shut so went on Colossus whihc had a huge queue after Colossus got on quantum and all other lost citys rides noticed that there was a cherry picker on rush. Around mid-day (stealth still shut) I noticed everyone running...to flying fish! I pegged it and got on the area looks really bland and boring however the ride only operated for around 2 hours during the day whether it will be like this during normal days we shall find out. The theming like a the art-work is good the speakers are cool woth the cheesy music and the cool "the fish is read are you?" and obviously the ride is great. FINALLY after more Colossus riding stealth opened they were testing the ride with staff on tif ro about an hour. The ride was going very slow at some points but still an awesome ride. Around closing time I noticed a ambulance and the cherry picker was on the floor the path to lost city was blocked and a man was being taken with an ambulance don't know what happened there but hope everything was okay. Overall I think thorpe were kind enough to gett he fish opened however nemmy still closed ;).Ride count:Quantum-3Colossus-3stealth-1Flying fish..dude-2mr.monkey-1teacups-1lost city-1Good day can't wait to go on 25th when everything is officially open!