Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

HAVE you got the blues, cos I'll be a scotch a tootin' root a tootin', dippidy dayin', and holidayin' on the twenty of the fourth of the may May may

we are nearly there !

after long times of giving you all the updates you need, parm pap can sit back knowing how much you all enjoyed my work. documenting HYPERIA from day one of the project, you are most welcome for my updates.

we was havin' fun, a little whizz and won, all for all and all for one, and finish what we begun

dooooo do do, tick tock, tick tock, hyperia, is nearly here, are you ready for the drop, juicy drop pop on the falls of the dragon, or is it t tigers

Thorpe apparently now selling one shot Fastrack separately from the hoops you originally needed to jump through.

Poor decision if true. Guess as the first few days haven't completely sold out they need to make up the expected income streams.

6 minutes ago, Benin said:

Thorpe apparently now selling one shot Fastrack separately from the hoops you originally needed to jump through.

Poor decision if true. Guess as the first few days haven't completely sold out they need to make up the expected income streams.

I think they'll make more than enough through merch and food sales anyways in those first few days.

But yeah, a surprise that they've removed those hoops to get the Fastrack. Even if they're confident with the operations and everything, and even if they're limiting the numbers, it just makes sense to have as few Fastrack as physically possible, surely?

Also, they're not planning to run the front row queue from opening, so it shows they do know how to make operational decisions which could have reasoning behind them.

My biggest surprise is that no date is currently sold out. With Friday and Saturday apparently having a reduced capacity, and it being half term, I'd have thought one day would be sold out by now.

Dynamic ticket pricing for tomorrow now up to £52... I think the most it can get up to is £59 then it's a sell out, from memory? Similarly though, am very surprised tomorrow isn't sold out. Going to be interesting to see how the crowd management goes, hats off to Thorpe for the prep on that one.

Hyperia one shot Fasttracks are priced at £20.... I wouldn't even consider that price point personally but some evidently would and will do so. But then, if that's the case, then it's priced right I suppose!

I’m a bit disappointed, but not surprised, that they’re offering Fastrack already.

But I suppose no business is going to turn down anyone who is prepared to give them £20 for opening a gate 🤷‍♂️ 

A little worrying that even at this very moment the site is under construction too, just a few hours before media launch…. 

This is all so exciting though - can’t believe it’s actually time to open!  After all this time Thorpe are opening a new coaster!

Looking forward to seeing the live blogs etc tonight.

Will TPM be there?

1 hour ago, TConnor said:

What do we think the queues are going to be like after half term? Is it going to drop to regular term time queue lengths, or stay consistent throughout the whole summer?

I can let you know after I've been on the 11th!

The dynamic pricing on the website at least gives you an idea of which days are quieter.

At a wild guess - 90-120 minutes for half term, then 30-60 on weekdays start of June?

TBH if I was there tomorrow I’d probably pay the £20 fast track…. Do we expect the queue to die down seeems like ages since this has been done at Thorpe lol. I remember going for swarm after school on opening day and lapping it as the crowds dies down significantly.

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

I can let you know after I've been on the 11th!

The dynamic pricing on the website at least gives you an idea of which days are quieter.

At a wild guess - 90-120 minutes for half term, then 30-60 on weekdays start of June?

I’m thinking of heading up on the 3rd and am curious to see whether they’ll be some sort of overspill from half term! The dynamic price is looking pretty par for the course as is. 

I’ll let you know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...