Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

In the long run I'm sure it would work out more expensive, the ropes on the lift would need to be changed regularly to avoid snapping which isn't cheap as opposed to a standard lift chain which can last years.

Take stealth for example every 80,000 launches they like to replace the ropes instead of the recommended 100,000 which is once a year, so it's around 6/7 replacements since 2006. Colossus on te other hand has had chain replaced once? Maybe twice in 10 years. (I don't really know)

The manucacture cost may be lower but the maintenance is probably higher in the long run

In the long run I'm sure it would work out more expensive, the ropes on the lift would need to be changed regularly to avoid snapping which isn't cheap as opposed to a standard lift chain which can last years.

Take stealth for example every 80,000 launches they like to replace the ropes instead of the recommended 100,000 which is once a year, so it's around 6/7 replacements since 2006. Colossus on te other hand has had chain replaced once? Maybe twice in 10 years. (I don't really know)

The manucacture cost may be lower but the maintenance is probably higher in the long run

Well, it is a hydraulic launch coaster. As much as the coaster goes through, that really isn't much. Besides, cables for hydraulic launches aren't really comparable to chain lifts as they both haul drastically different workloads.

I think possibly Disney always wanted that style of ride but without the tag of "Tron" onto it as it shortens down the audience, with this new revamp, it still get's a wider audience just with Tron like features in it.

Loving the lights and computer screens though. :wub:

Then why is Finding Nemo in Future World let alone Epcot? Tron fits in with innovation and technological advancements that Future World is based around. The initial hill climb could have been entering The Grid and the barrier test could have been escaping back into the real world. Honestly, it's probably still Test Track because the sponsorship was up but GM paid the right amount of money to fund this refurb.

Anyway, this change looks like a massive improvement.