Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Toverland's latest coaster, d'Wervelwind (translated as Whirlwind; shock horror!) is set to open to the public tomorrow; serving more as a soft opening in a way as the new area it is a part of doesn't open until next April!

The Mack spinning coaster had it's media event yesterday; a few photos...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The swamp themed station.

Posted Image

Station and cars.

Posted Image

(Sources: http://themepark.nl/...417#Post1912417 and http://themepark.nl/...518#Post1912518)

The Magic Valley area will be completed for April and the area looks absolutely brilliant! Really must get myself down to this park! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ocean Kingdom (a new theme park for China next year) has begun construction of their wingrider.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The layout seems to focus on the sheer size of these wingriders with a 164 foot drop like Raptors, a huge dive loop, zero G roll and a tunnel. Nice to see another unique layout which all wingriders seem to have except maybe Swarm and X Flight.

Posted Image

Hurrr. You'd think that these manufacturers would get it right at some point. There's always issues with new rides with every manufacturer but I would've thought they had been doing it long enough.

Surely after the Intimidator 305 blackout fiasco meaning a track replacement would have made them more cautious with Skyrush?

Although saying all of that, I know these rides aren't that simple and it's a wonder any of them work!

That's exactly what I've thought when people have been pondering what Disney could do with a Star Wars themed attraction...

They also got Indiana Jones with the deal, wonder what they could do with THAT franchise?

Anything from a 5th gate at Walt Disney World to a Star Wars/ Cars Land Hollywood Studios relaunch. LITERALLY ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.

That wing-rider is big innit.