Fright Nights 2015

spoon

Don't know if I'm being stupid and can't see it, but I can't see reserve and ride on Thorpes website anywhere. 

It was originally planned to be used throughout every single Fright night date, is this not occurring anymore?

The RnR page is still live and saying October 2nd to November 1st: https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/reserve-n-ride/overview/ 

Maybe they've hidden it from view for the time being whilst they update the page / decide whether to make the mazes or the coasters (or both) available on the system?

Dressing room... Studio 13 theming anyone?

I don't get this obsession about people thinking the park will reuse theming from old mazes?  I can't remember any time when the park have reused theming from old mazes (except Passing, where they basically didn't change much from Hellgate)?  But I can't think of a time when they've specifically moved sets of major theming pieces from one maze to another maze in a different location.  

I can see why people might consider it, given things like budget cuts and the like, but from what I can remember, Thorpe have set no precedent of reusing theming in different mazes, so I don't get why everyone jumps on the idea every time they see something that's remotely similar to another maze?

So, this is a rip off of COS

I really don't think it is.  COS was a very well executed clown-themed maze, which mixed a good amount of humour with scares.  It had a lot of scenes which one would expect from a clown-themed attraction.  Big Top also has a lot of these classic scenes, including things like a Jack in a Box and the main clown feature.  But Big Top sounds like it has plenty that COS didn't - a fortune teller scene, a mirror maze, an apparent dungeon scene, etc.  

There'll of course be similarities between Big Top and COS because they're themed around very similar things.  In all honesty, I'm surprised there weren't more grumbles about originality with this choice!  But Big Top won't be a rip off of COS, I'm sure.  

t had a lot of scenes which one would expect from a clown-themed attraction.  Big Top also has a lot of these classic scenes, including things like a Jack in a Box and the main clown feature.  But Big Top sounds like it has plenty that COS didn't - a fortune teller scene, a mirror maze, an apparent dungeon scene, etc.  

There'll of course be similarities between Big Top and COS because they're themed around very similar things.  In all honesty, I'm surprised there weren't more grumbles about originality with this choice!  But Big Top won't be a rip off of COS, I'm sure.  

I swear COS had a fortune teller scene didn't it?

I swear COS had a fortune teller scene didn't it?

Hmm, my memory might be a bit hazy, but I don't remember one?  I only did it in 2012 and I know they did change some scenes slightly some years, so it's possible there was one.

I guess if it had a fortune teller scene, it couldn't have been memorable on my go! :P

^ I doubt the location will affect how long the queues for Big Top will be that much. Queues will naturally be very long though, of course, because it's the big new thing and the most heavily advertised.

Hopefully the throughput will be decent and, equally importantly, has a fun to be in queue line.

Those set pieces do indeed look good!

^ I doubt the location will affect how long the queues for Big Top will be that much. Queues will naturally be very long though, of course, because it's the big new thing and the most heavily advertised.

Hopefully the throughput will be decent and, equally importantly, has a fun to be in queue line.

Those set pieces do indeed look good!

I'm not so sure, visibly it will be one of the first things people see as they enter the park, and it's very noticeable.

I think it's fair to say that from the outside, this is the most visually impressive maze Thorpe have ever had - Scruffy Dog have done a very good job with it so far.

It would be great if those carnival games were in the queueline, or if you get to have a go on them whilst waiting to be batched into the last section.

Yeah I agree, in 2013 there were roaming actors in the ques in all mazes.

But in 2014 there where barely any, Maybe it was a budget cut..(Knowing Merlin) :rolleyes:

true, it would be cool to have the actors back in all the queues, they were so great.

except them cabin actors who spat all over the floor. they can stay away :lol: