5. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)

6. Valkyria (Liseberg)

7. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa)

8. Nemesis (Alton Towers)

9. Joris en de Draak (Efteling)

10. Balder (Liseberg)

DARK RIDES:

1. Symbolica (Efteling)

2. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (Islands of Adventure)

3. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (Islands of Adventure)

4. Villa Volta (Efteling)

5. Droomvlucht (Efteling)

6. Revenge of The Mummy (Universal Studios Orlando)

7. Hex - The Legend of the Towers (Alton Towers)

8. Fata Morgana (Efteling)

9. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Universal Studios Orlando)

10. Skull Island: Reign of Kong (Islands of Adventure)

WATER RIDES:

1. Chiapas - DIE Wasserbahn (Phantasialand)

2. Flying Dutchman (Efteling)

3. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (Islands of Adventure)

4. Popeye and Bluto's Bildge-Rat Barges (Islands of Adventure)

5. Kallerado (Liseberg)

6. Jurassic Park River Adventure (Islands of Adventure)

7. Djengu River (Toverland)

8. Congo River Rapids (Busch Gardens Tampa)

9. Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)

10. Flumeride (Liseberg)

Honourable Mentions:

1. Baron 1898 (Efteling): Incredible level of detail and storytelling

2. The Smiler (Alton Towers): All-round great coaster experience

3. Fenix (Toverland): Brilliant coaster with lovely level of theming

Went to Phantasialand for the first time in 5 years, and there's a reshuffle as a result:

1. Taron - Phantasialand

2. Baron 1898 - Efteling

3. Joris en de Draak - Efteling

4. Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Orlando

5. Blue Fire - Europa Park

6. Space Mountain - Disneyland Paris

7. Big Thunder Mountain - Disneyland Paris 

8. Expedition Everest - Animal Kingdom

9. Wicker Man - Alton Towers 

10. Stealth - Thorpe Park

The rides on this list have been added for various reasons. Some are rudes I like because they are thrilling, others because I like the mix of theming and coaster, some I have a sense of nostalgia for and others I just find fun. It's a personal list and I fully acknowledge there are objectively 'better' that I lack a fondness for.

Looking pretty likely that there will be no more new rollercoasters this year so, here by-in lies the top ten new rollercoasters I have ridden in 2019.

1. Untamed - Seems pretty inevitable this. Easily one of the finest rollercoasters in Europe. It currently sits a number 4 of my top list and it really is stunning. Breath-taking air time and relentless pacing, this ride is well up my alley.

2. Fenix - A really good B&M Wing-rider. The shorter the trains are, the far better the ride experience. This is a very paced, fast ride and despite its unfinished look in places, has an incredibly scenic setting over the lake. 

3. Troy - This is surprising for me because so few actually really talk about it. Fast paced, aggressive air time throughout and a nice long ride. I feel a bit.. underwhelmed that Wicker Man wasn't more akin to Troy in hindsight. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed Troy.

4. Dwivelwind - Oh man. This was like ride crack. We couldn't get enough of this small but perfect Mack spinning ride. We rode ten times and was always left wanting more.

5. Lost Gravity - I'm not too sure why I wasn't more blown away by this as its clearly an excellent ride and pretty terrifying. I found the outer seat on the back row slightly shaken so it wasn't the normal Mack level I was expecting.

6. Goliath - An Intamin mega I actually like?!  Yeah this was good, nice pacing, good air time, good little layout and that turn around was one of the best. 

7. Slinky Dog Dash - I'm a little unsure how a family friendly Mack launch feels more intense then Icon but nonetheless this ride is pretty good actually. It's like an unthemed big Thunder Mountain with nice pops of air time throughout.

8. Speed of Sound - A boomerang with a relatively okay theme and soundtrack? What is this madness? I had a soft spot for this ride despite its longer then I'd like to wait queue.

9. Booster Bike - Yeah this was okay if nothing outstanding. Not much more to say.

10. Water side of Joris en de Draak - Frankly, I don't like racing rollercoasters and I didn't find this particularly exciting to be honest. It was either this or Condor..

Walah, very Holland heavy this year.

New top 10 coasters after a few trips to new parks including hansa park today :)

Cant decide between taron and taiga. Taron has the theming, the launch, the overall experience whereas taiga’s second half of the layout is just absolutely incredible. Too close of a decision to call so ranked joint 1st.

Also three RMCs in my top 10, that’s crazy. I’ve been converted 😱

1. Taron/Taiga
  2. -
  3. Zadra
  4. Wildfire
  5. Shambhala 
  6. Untamed
  7. Der Schwur des Kärnan
  8. Lech
  9. Lost gravity
  10. Helix

Cos we are reaching the end of 2019 I thought I would do some highlights for this year

Top Ten New Credits:

1. Steel Vengeance- Airtime machine+everything else that makes coasters fun

2. Maverick- Few aggressive pops of air, whippy transitions, amazing launch and drop.

3. TTD- One trick pony, though smooth and forceful launch and small lap bar makes it better than Stealth, and leagues above Red Force's pothole launch.. 

4. Goliath- Nowhere near the level of Steel Vengeance but 2 very solid airtime moments and the zero g make it still kick ass.

5. Millennium Force-Long ride, fast, smooth, fun. First drop is amazing too.

6. Magnum- Final few hills try to kill you

7. Viper- Kinda goes under the radar, but fun woodie with good airtime and a classic woodie feel. Love it.

8. Raptor- Fun invert. Helix is the highlight, that cobra roll holds it back for me though.

9. Superman- Pretzel loop, everything else is meh. Pretzel loop still slays though.

10. Joker- I strangely enjoyed my first freespin. I would take it over boreRavn any day of the week. Loved how chaotic it was.

Dishonourable Mentions: Valravn for its rattle and forcelessness, Raging Bull for being the worst hyper yet by miles.

Honourable Mentions: Corkscrew for being better than Valravn and actually fun, Gemini for having airtime and being a good time, V2 for being kinda not talked about despite having a great drop towards the back.

PS: Forgot Wickerman, but Wickerman is awesome and would probably be #6

Might as well do my list considering I probably won’t hit another abroad park, let alone a new before the end of the year/decade. At least 43 new creds this year, probably won’t see that level again for a while.

Top 10 (New For 2019 Creds)

1/ Oziris- beutiful B&M invert with many blissful moments and rich theming 

2/ The Beast (K.I)- absolutely relentless and thrilling. Such a great classic and probably the best coaster in the dark

3/ Fenix- a beutifully crafted coaster with some beutiful theming and surroundings 

4/  Valkyria  great variety of elements for a dive coaster, the theming helps too

5/ Rutschebanen (Tivoli Gardens)- Such a classic coaster, which perfects it’s simple tasks 

6/ Troy- Not a Wodan beater, but still a great coaster nonetheless 

7/ Tonnere De Zeus- This ride knows how to pull some forces

8/ Pegasus Express- Lovely themed coaster with quite a few surprises up its sleeve

9/ Dwirvelwind- Such a fun,whacky and re-rideable attraction

10/ Mystic Timbers- It was still a good GCI regardless 

Other Decent (new non coaster) attractions 

The Flying Trunk- charming dark ride based on Hans Christian Anderson 

Vertigo- One of the craziest and most intense rides I have ridden, still good 

Defy Caesar- impressive mad house with several pre-shows 

Merlin’s Quest- the dark ride section was incredible 

World Of Plop- a lovely dark ride with much charm 

Dino Splash- probably one of my favourite flume rides that isn’t Chiapas
kronosar- the Hotel looks lovely, can’t wait until Rutluntica opens

Worst (new for 2019) rides

Gouderix- probably one of the roughest coaster I’ve experienced to date

Banshee- this coaster didn’t do anything for me, the vests ruined the ride and it is one of the worst (if not the worst) B&M I have done 

Boo Blasters- dull and dreadful ride, makes Tomb Blaster look like Phantom Manor

Hero- it was not anything special 

I have finally got round to updating my top 10;

1. Magnum XL 200 - Cedar Point
2. Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
3. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
4. Milennium Force - Cedar Point
5. The Big One - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
6. Wild Mouse - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
7. Cyclone - Coney Island
8. Maverick - Cedar Point
9. Troy - Toverland
10. Grand National - Blackpool Pleasure Beach