Th13teen

Sheepie

I was at Alton yesterday, and Th13teen broke down ;) for about 20 minutes before I went on it. All was well and I loved the themeing of it, although it did lack the story line which is a real shame in my opinion, because I wasnt to sure what was supose too be the thing after you, the forest or the wraiths, but oh well. The ride is good, but it is incredibly slow, toooooo many brakes on it, and the drop was a bit pants, too bright and not eriee in the crypt, but it was alright for what it was. Could have been a little better in my opinion, as the queue makes it seem quite scary, but the ride itself is a bit of a timid thing.Over and Out :D

So after riding Thirteen three times over the last few days, I can honestly say that I love this ride and is up there with the other Secret Weapons for me.As coaster enthusiasts we sometimes over-analyse everything, perhaps becoming too narrow- minded about how roller coasters should be. I get so fed up of reading and hearing people that say roller coasters are automatically rubbish if they don't go upside down, go really fast or pull enough G's to give you a brain haemorrhage.Yes it has flaws, as with the entire area, but I'm willing to overlook them briefly because my overall opinion of the ride is so high. The queue moves satisfyingly quickly thanks to speedy loading procedures. Didn't queue more than an hour, even when the queue was at the entrance.There were five people in our group, myself (20), brother (6), sister (9), Step- dad (40) and mum (46); so a real range of ages there, each and everyone of us with our arms up, laughing and screaming with huge smiles on our faces.The station atmosphere is just awesome, in fact it was so awesome, I found myself not caring about that awful cloth on the ceiling. The ride itself was faster than I remember, with a good few pops of air time. It's beautifully smooth. My brother freaked inside the crypt, and the whole train screamed in shock as to what was happening. I've got to say, it really is a cracking ending to the ride.As we enter the brakes, I look at my brother as we emerge from a cloud of smoke in the station, his face showing confusion and shock as to what had happened, before shouting, 'AGAIN!'Indeed, every time I went on it, everyone around us spoke of how much they enjoyed it, not expecting the crypt section or helix, or better than expected, more people were enjoying it than not, that's for certain. Three times on it as well, it's fantastically re- rideable.I cannot wait to get back on it again. ;)

Oh you know me Mikey, my favourite rides are things like Dragons Fury and Megafobia so I stand by my view that Th13teen is an average ride. It has it's moments of greatness but I always feel like it's trying to be something beyond its capabilities and is never fully allowed to be this immersive, amazing ride. That's ignoring the hype because I didn't know the layout or the secret when it opened. For me it was all a surprise and whilst not overwhelmed, I wasn't overexcited either.

Got back from a three day trip at the Towers at 7ish tonight, my total TH13TEEN count is now upto 59. It is my favourite ride in the park, okay it may not be as thrilling as Nemmy but it's so fun and re-ridable. When I was on it the past few days I was surprised at the huge amount of people that had no idea of what was in the crypt, I sat next to a load of people who it was a complete surprise for the drop to happen.

:lol: The GP don't know anything :lol:

Sigh, I assume this is because they don't know every detail about rides? It's all these bloody opinions again, seems to be a running theme on here atm...Thirteen is the very definition of average... The outdoor portion is poor, but the indoor portion is good... That's literally it...

We all know that the ride has some overlooked aspects and flaws, I'm the first to admit that some aspects of the ride disappointed me on my first ride, though I urge all of you, if you have any younger brothers, sisters, cousins or whatever, to ride with them; just for a laugh, if nothing else!

^ Definitely, the ride where I realised how much I enjoyed the ride was when I, as a single rider, was put with a young family, they were awesome and asked me if I had been on it etc. The 2 kids must've been barely 1.2m tall and both were obviously scared senseless, they went crazy after the outdoor section, then screamed at the drop and laughed at the backwards section. And when coming back in the station, the screams of "again" and laughter were awesome. :lol:

I thought about this and the advertising is not far off 'the ulitimate rollercoaster, all elements you could dream of in one' If you think about it the target audience is children that can only go on 1.2 meter ride. so for people that big they have never been on anything like it before and for a child of that height it is the ultimate rollercoaster!I just came back from Alton towers and have noticed a huge difference in the reactions of the ride to when it opened in a much more posotive light but th13teen is still suffering down time like the plague (same with rita)