Future Of Chessington

And on the other side just past North entrance heading towards Kingston, there is the old hall, Chessington Cricket Club and 4 or 5 houses built on land that used to be occupied by St Mary's School. Hardly an estate. I refer you again to this.Take my word on it.

And a small house owned by Chessington ;)

Always wondered what that house is used for, or if anyone lives in it. Same goes for the one by the bus stop, which I presume is also owned by Chessington. Permenant Zoo Keeper residence?

The crap people come up with - it almosts make me look like a saint ;) heheheChessington have loads of green land behind DragonFalls/RamsesRevenge/Runaway Train and also to the left of the south entrance. If Chessington wanted to expand, they could just move their south entrance to the left loads.The South Entrance is just a gate and a few booths - I never knew that costed like £20million ;) LOLThorpe have got a 115ft restriction but they have more freedom than Alton. Alton have tons of space which half of it is protected or gardens or have trees that contain special powers :P They have to be careful when building/begging/grovelling for permission. Then again at least Thorpe have better locals - Alton's locals are a bit pissy coz of the relief road I thought that was going ahead, isn't.

In response to who lives in that house yes it is owned by chessington and in actual fact a family who works at chessington lived there until they had to be moved cos of subsidence of the property.Chessington owns a large ammount of land so therefore have loads of room to build the only thing is the green belt thing.

It is indeed.

What is up with Merlin? They're a good company, and better than Tussauds IMO, but last year they removed McDonalds (criminal!), and now this year we haven't got a KFC or Pizza Hut! OK, so KFC ain't an issue to me because it's quality is awful, but Pizza Hut is!As far as I'm aware, the KFC's and Pizza Hut's at Thorpe are staying the same this year, however, I've heard they've gone from X Sector and Katanga Canyon at Alton Towers to be replaced with "Pizza Bars", another Merlin incorporated restaurant.Think of the 20% Annual Pass discount, I was told! Yeah, I'll think of it, but sometimes the quality of the food is not the best.

No, sorry I don't agree.

Seconded. The only thing I think is ridiculously high is Fastrack + Admissions tickets. Annual Passes may seem really expensive but when you consider what you're getting its excellent value.Food I find pretty reasonably priced if you get an Annual Pass discount with it. £3.70 for a large hot dog meal, chips and a HUGE Coke is great for me.

Their food prices were extremely competitive, and they have to be otherwise everyone would've chosen to eat in the branded outlets than their own. Wouldn't make sense. Anyway, if you actually took time out to compare pricing between the merlin and branded outlets, you would realise that even without AP they are similar pricing (around a fiver per meal).

I worked in F&B for 1 season, so I know what it's like. The prices aren't that expensive and are cheap when you have AP - seeing as loads of ppl have APs. I know the food tastes nice because the customers, come and tell me that the food is nice - they come back for more :POnce we had a social event - and were served hot dogs, nachos n chilli and it was very nice ^^ - many a time, I've been a guest at Chessie (recently 6 times in 2008) and the food is nice. The Nachos n Salsa is very nice, I love the Paninis (Cheese & Ham) and the Hot Dogs are very good value for what they're priced at, seeing as Onions are free.And if you look at the meal deals and compared seperate prices to what they cost in a meal deal, that is a bloody bargain. Also, the Greedy Goblin is amazing (PUB) - I've had Ribs & chips (which is IMO the best option) once and the Beef Burger, which was a lot nicer compared to Burger King foods. Since after a certain time, you can get two meals for a tenner excl drinks (I think it's after 4pm - can't remember)Personally, nothing beats a good pizza, a Big Mac or a Boneless Bites, when it comes to Fast Food.I am looking forward to what 2009 brings :P