Future Of Chessington

Just not any rides.

Well here's a good debate point for you.Chessington, despite having no new rides for 5 seasons now, can still attract 1 million guests a year. Last year the park had 1.2 million guests, the largest growth in the Merlin group off the back of a Sea-Life centre. Thorpe may have to constantly throw rides at a place to gain (ridiculously over the top) popularity. Alton, Legoland and Chessington don't.Just something to think about :(

Indeed. It shows quality for Chessington in many aspects. If Thorpe didn't continually develop, guest numbers would be significantly lower methinks. I recognize that much of the general public are beginning realize that the park isn't very good, they are simply attracted by more short term factors such as adverts and the (over-exaggerated) hype of a new development. Chessington demonstrates a more long term form of popularity, word and mouth, previous visits etc. That's my view anyway, if I makes any sense?

• 3 months later...

Now that we know a little more of what is happening in the soon-to-go Beanoland, this kinda tells us that nothing major will change with Bubbleworks next year, apart from the sponsorship removal. Would I be right in thinking this?Also, the SeaLife Centre was only planned for 2 years when it was put in last year, therefore it would have to go at the end of this year. Are they intending to keep SeaLife for another year or two? It would be a shame to lose it.

• 5 months later...

So then, 2010! Anyone know what's happening?

Obviously it will be interesting as to what they are doing however after news of the whole of the Runaway Train having a makeover, along with the rockwork being fully reworked? What about all the original effects from when the ride originally opened, such as smoke coming out of the boiler, which will look amazing especially after part of the queue was redone in Hocus Pocus, and the mist effect coming back. Also with Dragon Falls rock work totally reworked to it's original state, with a lot of the area repainted - they even included a new position in Engineering to take up this task with a Winter helper. Black Buccaneer is also being refurbished along with a new boat, and the area again refurbished.

• 4 months later...

^Where did one get such info? Hope it is true, Toytown needs to be revamped into something better. Chessington have done such an amazing job turning Beanoland into Wild Asia that I'm really excited with what they'll do with any of the other areas of the park, especially Toytown.

*Fires up the rumour mill*Toytown closing in September with a new Aeroplane type kiddie round ride?

Hopefully that means it could be themed to Forbidden Kingdom then...Although would that be a replacement for Jumbos or a completely new ride?Yay for rumours! :P

^ There is so much I could say to that but I would probably be banned for life :Pso please exit to your left instead :P

Nah I'll just sit on the platform floor instead...Veering back on topic, won't we also (finally) see the back of Imperial Leather next year? Not that I'm expecting a full retheme anytime soon...Do hope a Toytown redo isn't the only thing next year as well if that's the plan...

• 2 years later...

As I walked through the park last week, I couldn't help but think how old and unpopular Toadie's Crazy Cars is these days - well I think it's unpopular, I hardly see people queueing for it and usually empty cars along the circuit. Anyway, I think it could go to make way for a better attraction for kids. Or, if you removed it and also got rid of the lake of crocodiles, and small gardens, you could probably fit a decent family flat ride in or a small coaster.

Those who like to use the gardens and relax could use the lawn near Fury. It's no louder, and could be developed to become a more relaxing area.

• 2 weeks later...

As I walked through the park last week, I couldn't help but think how old and unpopular Toadie's Crazy Cars is these days - well I think it's unpopular, I hardly see people queueing for it and usually empty cars along the circuit. Anyway, I think it could go to make way for a better attraction for kids. Or, if you removed it and also got rid of the lake of crocodiles, and small gardens, you could probably fit a decent family flat ride in or a small coaster.

Those who like to use the gardens and relax could use the lawn near Fury. It's no louder, and could be developed to become a more relaxing area.

45 min queue for it today mate! Saying that, it looked more of a 5 min queue but apparently it has rubbish throughputs so that explains it...

• 3 weeks later...