Vampire

Other than the runaway train this was my first coaster. I also introduced my girlfriend to thrill rides with Vampire.Personally, I love the ride, despite the fact that my head is constantly hitting into the sides of the restraints lol.The ride is a great way to introduce someone to thrill rides as it's thrilling, fun and enjoyable without being scary.Love it.

No, the noise of the lift is classic. The queueline is great just because you hear it all the time! I love that "Clank-tap-clank-tap-clank-tap... Dribble-clanky-clank! *Screams* Whee!" sound!:)They are just probably sorting it out for winter maintenance. I hope they have refurbished the queueline theming, though. That fake bat model looks worse than the plastic tombstones that have fallen over!

Need my Vampire fix :)

You need your Vampire fix?! Erm... HELLO! :D

No, the noise of the lift is classic. The queueline is great just because you hear it all the time! I love that "Clank-tap-clank-tap-clank-tap... Dribble-clanky-clank! *Screams* Whee!" sound!:D

I have to agree with that point Bill. The noise of Vampire is just amazing to hear!Maybe we should all live near CWoA, so Vampire doesn't get anymore complaints :DLive near a theme park, expect some noise it what I say!Will be interesting to see if any changes have occured on Vampire for this year! :P - (Not that it needs any. *biased*).

Wasn't anything to do with the noise on the lift, besides, the lift they would need to work on if they needed to do such stuff would be lift 1 more than lift 2...Anyways, it was for maintenance and plus I think it's all gone now, ready for the AP day... (Of which I annoyingly cannot attend... Damn uni...)

Anyways, it was for maintenance and plus I think it's all gone now, ready for the AP day... (Of which I annoyingly cannot attend... Damn uni...)

I didn't see any scaffolding on the lift hill this time, so I am sure they are ready.It is a shame the Annual Pass day isn't longer in duration as the park last year was packed and now it is shorter!I am with you guys though for the meet up. Leaving the Vampire for you guys. You should be very honoured. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have to congratulate everybody in charge with the improvments made to Vampire this year. They did not need to change it and could have simply ignored the awful state of the outdoor queueline but a bit of effort has made a load of difference! The queueline is almost perfect now.The broken, battered tombstones and that plastic bat have all been removed, so no more tackyish theming around the area. In the empty spots, there were some new visitors to Transylvania. Yes, Abdab is back! He is still as frightening as he was 8 years ago when I came off Terror Tomb crying!:mellow: There were three models (they were not animated) that accompanied three new scenes around the queue. The first was sitting by the tombstones (with a pole sticking out from an exposed mechanism that used to work the animatronic); the second sat smiling next to a cauldren; and the third (previously the figure of Abdab holding a rope to let in snakes, I assume) now holds a lantern whilst sitting on a trailer of crates. Quite spooky to think these were once Abdab!Posted ImagePosted ImageAlso, the purplish fences were looking a lot less picked. The front entrance to Transylvania is restored to its former zany self with the old entrance music playing again around Bubbleworks (the same music that is now used in the station). Unfortunately they have not fixed the hands of the clock which are not connected to each other among other bits of improvments not done. However I love the fact that the waterfall next to Vampire's entrance is now blood red (as in Nemesis). The back entrance to Transylvania was a nice surprise! I assume the Black Forest haunt theming has been kept because there is now a small Haunted Hollow-style walk through, including the graves of Professor Burp and Zappomatic and a replica hearse of the one at Alton Towers.Posted ImagePosted Image

One thing I don't like about Vamp's redone queue is that they've got rid of the graves as you walk into the building...I really liked that area... :mellow:Everything else is good though... Didn't get a good look at them though but least something else to look at now...

I love Vampire's loud music. Last year it got ruined because it was so quiet that the operators would muffle it everytime they spoke in the microphone. Now it is like I remember it years ago, dramatic and thumping (and cheesey). Not even the most overenthusiastic ride operator I have seen there for a long time could muffle it!:mellow: And for those who want to see them, here are the three new bits featuring reused Abdab.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

One thing I don't like about Vamp's redone queue is that they've got rid of the graves as you walk into the building...

I swear there is still a grave thing on the left hand side before you enter the building...

I love Vampire's loud music. Last year it got ruined because it was so quiet that the operators would muffle it everytime they spoke in the microphone. Now it is like I remember it years ago, dramatic and thumping

I have to agree. I love hearing Vampire's music and is clearly my favourite piece of audio by far. I also like that the ride operators this year, so far, aren't speaking over the audio a lot. Really, no announcements are needed at all in my eyes as the ride hosts need to do everything the operator says via PA anyways...I love being able to feel the music thumping on the floor.Also, I heard someone yesterday state how well themed the station and queue line was. He also complimented the audio as well ;) (I think he was a 'normal' guest too!)Vampire is still ticking all the boxes for me so far!! :mellow:

I agree with everything you said there! - The music is a much better volume, although I must have had my pick of operators who DID talk a lot still, mainly talking to staff and what they were doing wrong over the PA rather than what the riders had to do... The queueline does look a lot better, the theming is fantastic!. The fences also look a nice colour, although I think PERSONALLY a darker purple would be better. The gravestones just before the entrance were removed just before the end of last season. The corridor leading to the station was missing a few bulb covers!. The station looks okay, the organist working which was good, although I think adding more cobwebs would be good, in fact I think they should have kept what was around the organist at halloween, and have the station like that! The ride itself seemed a lot slower on all my rides so far this season, and the track the wheels go into underneath needs to be cleaned as they are very dirty now!. I think apart from the above, the station music (or similar music to it) outside the ride queueline and in the queueline would suit the ride really well!. I don't know how either, but I think something needs to be done about people standing on the stairs whilst the train is being dispatched as too many times the operator has to remind riders to stand at the top of the stairs!!. I think where you come into the station could be themed with some spooky lighting too!

although I must have had my pick of operators who DID talk a lot still, mainly talking to staff and what they were doing wrong over the PA rather than what the riders had to do...

Had that on Saturday... Don't tell the guests how bad you think the staff are, because it sounds bad and the guests will think you're a idiot of the highest order...

but I think something needs to be done about people standing on the stairs whilst the train is being dispatched as too many times the operator has to remind riders to stand at the top of the stairs!!. I think where you come into the station could be themed with some spooky lighting too!

The offloader should be wandering up and down and doing that, or yelling loudly and people with a good old fashioned point, that worked... But the old exit rider sign seems to have gone missing, so that needs to be put in so that those people don't walk onto the front end of the platform...

If their is something I can do after making people go to the top of the exit stairs, then they come back down - Please inform me! :mellow:Most of the Adventurers do stay at the top I have found so far but there are a few, as rygr states, that do come back down. - Reminds me of a convayor belt - Same thing said to them over and over again! :mellow:

There was definately one tomb still there on the left as you walked through the crypt - I caught it on video and when it finished processing you can clearly see it. I knew there were a few tombs in that crypt area, but didn't notice much difference. Does anybody know why they were removed? The actual tombstones looked quite healthy so I doubt they were removed because of vandalism like those near the start of the queue.Are the ones on the wall still there?

There was definately one tomb still there on the left as you walked through the crypt - I caught it on video and when it finished processing you can clearly see it. I knew there were a few tombs in that crypt area, but didn't notice much difference. Does anybody know why they were removed? The actual tombstones looked quite healthy so I doubt they were removed because of vandalism like those near the start of the queue.Are the ones on the wall still there?

I am almost sure they are still there, yes. However, correct me if I am wrong as I don't usually pay attention when I am walking into the station as the audio wins me over... :mellow:

Steve - themeparkmad used the word 'Adventurer' as staff are now meant to refer to them as Adventurers, instead of guests. As I said before, leave the personal comments off the forum.

I'm sure they would, but we are just a forum, to us they are guests =]

The tombstones have gone from the wall, as I was rather miffed about it.One of them is now where the red water is - which needs constant topping up. Nemmy water is redyed every week, so I hope chessie doesn't think it can keep it red all season without doing anything to it!However the ultra loud music is amazing, makes me wonder why it hasn't been like that for ages :D

One of them is now where the red water is - which needs constant topping up. Nemmy water is redyed every week, so I hope chessie doesn't think it can keep it red all season without doing anything to it!

I did not even relise it had red water until it was pointed out to me! It looks very good and obviously anything is better than gunky green everywhere! :PNice to see Vampire has had a lot of attention on over the closed season! :D

However the ultra loud music is amazing, makes me wonder why it hasn't been like that for ages :D

At least we can enjoy it now at very loud volumes! I have even heard 'normal' guests compliment the music and not just enthusiasts!