Vampire

• 4 weeks later...

Ok So I have never ever been on a rollercoaster, neither has my mum but my sister is younger then me & she used to be a wimp like me when going on big rides lol & the funny thing is that she never went on a rollercoaster ar Chessington but when went on Flying Fish (along with me) at Thrope Park. Last week she went to Thorpe Park with her friends and she told me I'm going to try all those big rollercoasters& its not scary when your with your friends, so the first big ride she went on was rush. She went on all the rollercoasters except for Stealth & Slammer because there wasn't enough time. Her experience was that it was scary as hell, she said she started swearing lol and screamed so much her voice went off for a bit, then when she came home she complained of a slight headache and back pain in her body. However she said she enjoyed it so much, she would go on it again & she loved it. Now she is telling me to go on a tame rollercoaster like Vampire and is telling me to stop being such a wimp lol and that she thinks Chessington is just rides for kids.I watched on youtube, little kids going on Vampire Ride, they were not even screaming, maybe they are too young to know what scary is lol because some adults scream more then kids. So if I try to attempt a roller coaster it will be this one, I am definetly not going on dragon's fury.Here is some questions which I have about vampire ride :P and then I will make a decision if I am suitable to go on it1. Is it actually scary enough that you naturally scream lol?2. How fast is the ride?3. Does it feel like your falling out of your seat?4. When the ride is finished do you get any pain in your body from all the twists & turns5. Does the ride go upside down and have a massive drop? :P

Vampire is a family ride with good thrills, especially towards the end. It is technically an Arrow suspended roller coaster, in which riders sit in trains that swing out from side to side around the turns. Vampire uses trains with no floor, so your feet are free to dangle out of your seat. It does not go upside down at all (this type of rollercoaster is not designed to do that), but travels quite fast with various drops and fast turns.So, I would definitely recommend going on it. It is great fun and, if you are worried about rides, is a good coaster to get rid of your fear. The speed is not that fast, but it certainly isn't slow. There are two drops, both of which are not that high from the ground, but do pick up good speed. It is not like any roller coaster at Thorpe Park, and it is not high in the air.Rollercoasters don't naturally make people scream, I don't know what you mean there. You can't judge a ride by listening to how much people scream. People will scream depending on what they want to scream about, so some people will and others won't. That is the same for every ride. You will never know if you will scream until you go on it, so give it a try! :P Don't worry about screaming hard enough to lose your voice, pretty sure that will not happen!Vampire is quite a rattly ride but some seats don't rattle as much as others. You might find that your head gets bashed around a bit from the roughness but it usually does not hurt. And, no, you will not fall out of your seat and you won't feel like you are.Hope that helps. Remember that rollercoasters are all different and Vampire is not the same as many others. It works in different ways than most. It is not meant to be really fast or really intense, and is not meant to go upside down. In my opinion it is great fun, so I recommend doing it!

electricBlll, thank for the description :P . I now if I go on it when it starts I will be scared because obviously I'm going to be new to rollercoasters but in the end I would be happy that I know what it felt like. I hope my legs are not dangling in the air and gets stuck in a bush through the ride lol. I'm going to see how the queue is like, if there is lots of young children going on it with their families that makes me think why the hell am I not going on it when people so much younger then me have the courage. When I was talking about the screaming, I ment that for bif rides like Stealth, everyone screams loudly because of the scary factor so I was just thinking if people who scream on the vampire ride are doing it for that reason. I doubt anyone on Stealth would scream just for fun. I am ok if I'm screaming for fun but screaming for fear scares me lol.

Are the staff actually capable of handling 3 trains now?

I think... yes in a way. The loading was pretty efficient and quick but we did have to wait a little while on the second lift hill and the inside break run (At least 2 minutes) but yeah the queues seem to have been kept down and the staff seem pretty efficient, I guess it depends who it is.

Well, the train I was on was boarded in less than a minute but the train after there must have been a hold up. I guess it depends on who is boarding and the staff.

A minute - Train is meant to have 25 seconds!Thing is, there are some staff that are very quick and easily get the train out. However, not all are.To be fair, this 3 trains is the first time some staff have ever experienced it. (If they was not there for March half term).Practice makes perfect!EDIT - Also, it has not been back for long neither remember!

I wanna praise the staff on sunday. Whoever was operating at the end is great at doing a speal everytime a train is there. And how the hell they manage to get that train out in under 20 seconds 7 times on the trot is amazing. Didn't stack on Lift 2 and fast enough to get lift 1 slowing!

• 2 weeks later...

They had a spider infestation in 2008, where huge spiders would just drop down from the ceiling and skuttle along the floor, so much so that some staff refused to work on there. Got the exterminators out for that :blink:

<3Remember kicking one away at dispatch once... Seeing the shadow scared the crap out of me at first, then against all my normal emotions kicked it away... I blame the other staff there for that :blink:Not only Vampire has epic amounts of cobwebs, Bubbles is exactly the same...