Vampire

You don't want to see it go but... "it needs to go" ??????^Also they aren't models of Vampires, they are left over animatronics from one of Tomb Blaster's previous incarnations.

It needs to go but at the same time if chessington said they were going to remove it I wouldent want it to go much like the corkscrew at alton.I thought those models looked familiar

It needs to go but at the same time if chessington said they were going to remove it I wouldent want it to go much like the corkscrew at alton.I thought those models looked familiar

No, it does NOT "need" to go... Why Chessie would get rid of their signature ride god knows... Stop being silly... And before you try using Corkscrew again to argue against that, it stopped being a signature ride in 1994...

No, it does NOT "need" to go... Why Chessie would get rid of their signature ride god knows... Stop being silly... And before you try using Corkscrew again to argue against that, it stopped being a signature ride in 1994...

I'm not saying to get rid of it seriously it just needs to be revamped to a high standard before I feel its worthy of carrying on thats all. I love the vampire but the way I feel about it sometimes changes

Vampire is no where near being removed. I've been working all week with a Radio and Vampire has had no less than 90 minute queues, thats been longer than Kobra, Fury, Bubbleworks and Tomb all week.It is clearly the most popular ride at Chessington, and is also the ride that pulls in the 10,000+ we have been seeing this week.

It may need a lick of paint but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't get one, it still works fine as far as I'm aware and it's allot of fun to ride so who cares? I've not once heard someone say "I'm not going on that look how ugly it is". I don't think it's ugly by the way.

It may need a lick of paint but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't get one, it still works fine as far as I'm aware and it's allot of fun to ride so who cares? I've not once heard someone say "I'm not going on that look how ugly it is". I don't think it's ugly by the way.

Its ageing now so it Just needs some avon over it. To put the magic back into it!

Vampire is no where near being removed. I've been working all week with a Radio and Vampire has had no less than 90 minute queues, thats been longer than Kobra, Fury, Bubbleworks and Tomb all week.It is clearly the most popular ride at Chessington, and is also the ride that pulls in the 10,000+ we have been seeing this week.

the queue is more explained in its extremely slow loading bay it take and eternaty to get back into the ride station!

Vampire is still an excellent ride and still has the potential to run for at least a few more years, Yes it could do with a bit of paint, but that is about it. With it having the low height restriction it is great for kids and is one of the few higher capacity coasters in the U.K that has 3 trains. I also love how it is an Arrow Dynamics/Vekoma 50/50 cross coaster.

What were the Queues like at Chessington today Benin? And was vampire on 2 or 3 train Operation?

Apparently Vampire will not be running three train operation until after 26th August. But if there's any newer information on the matter that anyone knows then they're welcome to correct me...

What were the Queues like at Chessington today Benin? And was vampire on 2 or 3 train Operation?

Queues were... manageable, top was 80 for Kobra (though it didn't look it) and apparently that was the highest...Dunno for Vamp cos once did it in the morning that was it...

Though first thing in the morning you should fill up the station a bit more just to get the queue moving...Just sommat I've noticed over the past few times...

I actually prefer the majority of the queue to be outside because I do think that when they overload that station it becomes a free for all and one of the worst queuing experiences in the UK. At least with a quiet station they can control the flow of people getting onto the ride more efficiently.

When I was at Chessington yesterday, Vampire's station was completely full with people and was queuing all the way up to the top of the ramp in the station! Queued in the station for about 25 mins. ;) It did not help that one of the trains had problems with it's restraints, so each restraint had to be manually opened by platformers undoing them underneath each seat. They did the best they could though! :D

I love how you actually make it sound fun!It hurts my hands! :lol: Some of them are too tight! :lol:

How often do the restraints get jammed then? Is it due to a dodgy current connector or is it something else?, When I was at Chessington on Tuesday they got stuck twice on the same train (once when I was on it). :(

How often do the restraints get jammed then? Is it due to a dodgy current connector or is it something else?, When I was at Chessington on Tuesday they got stuck twice on the same train (once when I was on it). :lol:

Hasn't happened to me often. Did at the start of the season a bit.Suppose its oil or something going on the current collector blocking the sensors to raise the restraints.Suppose its quicker to get people off than wait for the engineer.The current collector isn't "dodgey" at all :lol: