The News

Phyciodes

10 hours ago, Mysterio Ka said:

I don't get why people are suddenly so ashamed to be British; why apparently the British public can't be trusted, and how everyone who voted leave is racist.
First of all, these people need to pipe the hell down. In the spur of the moment, I voted remain, despite thinking I'd probably vote leave, however I can see many advantages that can now come, which we couldn't have whilst remaining in the EU. 

In the next 2 years we will regain control over rules and regulations, trade links, and laws and rights, that the EU had us install.

Second of all, people need to understand what optimism is. A lot of those who voted remain are going nuts over this, however a majority of people voted leave, and it's the most participants we've had in a vote since Thatcher. 

Our country is very much not in as much trouble as some make it out to be. People have read far, far to into all the issues of the unkown that could arise if we (as we have) leave the EU. This 2 year period is supposed to ease us into independence, and if any big obstacles pop up, they will be dealt with, with the support of our ally nations. 

'I'm not looking forward to crippling debt'  'look how weak the pound is now haha we're ******' 'everyone who voted leave is racist'

These annoy me. All taken from my facebook feed.
Of course, with any skepticism or risk, dips in economics take place. Every time a new leader is appointed, or major rule changes are intorduced the economic statuses of countries dip, however they do rise. The FTSE100 proves that we're not going into recession already, which is quite good considering the unkown of the situation. 

As well as this, now with all the new independence we have, trade links with our previous empire will be reconstructed, and there are already talks of setting up an English speaking open border zone with Canada and Australia. This would be fantastic, and unlike the EU, this is a very small group with extremely similar cultures and economic & politic structures. We have more chance then ever to prosper.

The EU has become something it wasn't originally intended to be. To begin with it was supposed to essentially be a pact between a few, extremely strong countries to hold up each other if they start to crumble. Now it's a kinda 'jump on board, we got ya!' situation with the likes of France and Germany, as well as other European rich countries supporting all the others who needed help, and with more and more states joining, this system is putting more and more pressure upon these power houses.

Finally, I for one have no problem whatsoever with whatever people voted. I'd like to think I am not as immature to openly call my friends pillocks simply because they don't share my political views. The vote was there so the people can decide what would happen to our country, and whilst there will be a minority who are racially guided, I know plenty of voter - outers who are not racist at all. They did it so that smaller businesses can now have more support, and less of a daunting shadow from the EU supported big businesses, the fact that our borders are too open, along with the points I have raised above. I for one entirely agree with an open border concept, and the fact that the leave side of things were pushing to close schemes like this is what made me sway.

That's all I have to say really. There's too much negativity and ****storms everywhere at the moment, people have to deal with what is happening and understand it's not entirely terrible, and be optimistic for the future.

I like it. For instance the Tory government has never cared about the poor. The poorest ironically are the ones that voted to leave. If we want an arrangement like Norway then we have to accept free movement of people, I.e. those pesky immigrants. Except this time there will be no Schengen agreement in place. So the main argument from Leave is completely irrelevant, unless we don't really want to trade with Europe and are happy to shut up shop. That damning shadow of the EU rebuilt Manchester after the 1999 bomb, injects 60 million a year into Cornwall, a minimum of 650 million a year into Wales, money the UK government would never put into place. 

We're in a brave new world now and I'm quite amazed by the effect this little country has had on the rest of the world. By taking a shotgun to ourselves and our families future, we may have started something that in ten years will be a very different Europe. 

I don't do politics - but.....

I don't understand politics, never really interested me, but went to work yesterday and when I left, I got off my soap box having been on it all day.
The comments from around the world tell a lot....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36614643
note that the countries who have benefited from hand-outs are those most vehemently supporting the present structure of the EU. I think it, the EU, needs to take note of what the campaigns and the people of the UK have been saying. All political parties should have input to the negotiations of exit. There will be several years of unease and uncertainty, and I believe we should encourage the countries of the British Isles to pull together, we are a tight unit and without each other, would not be in the position where we can envisage successfully going it alone.

Whether one agreed with the outcome of the vote matters not; we will be out and independent and that is fact.

Many of the members of this club will now be more aware of politics and their opinion and/or lack of knowledge of politics than ever before. Now also, as most of you are quite young, you have a chance to make a difference to your future, and dare I say it, the future of the United Kingdom. Gone are the Imperialistic days, and with the attitudes of this union, we stand alone again, but able to move forward to be an example again, of tolerance, efficiency and success. Some of you could have a very active role in that and the future, think about it.

24 minutes ago, Loose Steel Bluth said:

75% of the young didn't want to leave. If by chance you mean a further disparity between generations causing conflict then sure.

Don't assume you know how others voted, the proof is in the outcome, not the forecast. If someone has an opinion then let them speak, if they speak well, then they should use that ability to make a difference in the future.

Think the question should go more towards why do young people not vote? Perhaps the focus on grades over life skills in school life is more the issue in that regard...

Either that or future elections have a LIKE for Tory, RETWEET for Labour, DM for UKIP option...

Young people don't feel like their vote matters. It's exactly in circumstances like this where 75% of young people want to remain get over-ridden by the older generations makes them feel more disenfranchised. We see it time and time again.

What worries more is the outright racism being displayed up and down the country at the moment. It terrifies me and it's not the United Kingdom I want to live in. A pandoras box of hate has been opened and thats never going to close now that the little Englanders feel like they have the right to do it.

Everybody's vote counts, and that is regardless of their age or cultural origins. I believe the outcome of this referendum, representing those who voted, will have to stand. Now is the time for those who have an opinion, to think about their future input and the way forward to prove how good this Nation is, and everybody has a part to play in that. This Nation, as most of them, is a total mix of nationalities and cultures, and has been for thousands of years, and that's what makes it work. If people don't feel confident in speaking out, then find a representative who can, I.e. vote.

I believe that the new leader appointed by the Conservatives will be seen as a stop gap, then a General Election, but this is a point in our Country's history where we start again, it's massive. As a Nation, regardless of how we individually voted, we are out, during our negotiated departure we will not be included. This is an opportunity to draw up a whole new set of rules and guidelines. If someone has an opinion, figure out how to make it heard, make an impact, make a future. 

1 hour ago, planenut said:

I believe that the new leader appointed by the Conservatives will be seen as a stop gap, then a General Election, but this is a point in our Country's history where we start again, it's massive. As a Nation, regardless of how we individually voted, we are out, during our negotiated departure we will not be included. This is an opportunity to draw up a whole new set of rules and guidelines. If someone has an opinion, figure out how to make it heard, make an impact, make a future. 

But I wanted a future in the EU and so did a third of the nation. Surely they can't just ignore us?

And I feel like due to my age, I'm having less of a say in my future. This is different from general elections as that's every 5 years, this will last for a long time. I'm 14, so I don't suggest lowering the age to 14, but I do think 16 is a reasonable age. I wasn't annoyed about not being able to vote in the general election because I knew that in a few years time I would be able to vote for myself and that 5 years of something will not drastically alter my future. However, with the EU, I'll probably never get to vote on it. It's like my future has been decided by others and I've had absolutely no say in it. It's not like an election - things won't change and there's no changing your mind every 5 years. 

I think I'm just realising the importance of this situation - this situation which has completely ignored the youth of today and will effect us forever.

Speaking as another young person... I feel that it is unfair I didn't get to have my voice heard on something like this, so do a lot of people in my school. Our generation is the future of this country and older generations who won't be around for much longer got a say but we didn't. Also a lot of young people in my school and in other groups said they would have voted stay. If young people would have got a vote the result's could have been very different. Also I think we can see another Scottish referendum soon.

Completely had enough of the life span argument. It is outrageous that because you disagree with the outcome that suddenly your opinion is more important than someone else's. Democracy means everyone is equal. Everyone has one vote regardless of background. The 16 year old vote isn't in place because hardly any 18 year olds vote so I can assure you even less would at 16. A majority of 16 year olds are not interested in politics they have little engagement in current affairs and as a result they don't have a vote. Yes it will effect them and the decision has been made for them but so has everyone under 18. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Scotland will push for another referendum but it will ruin them. They would be forced to adopt the Euro, they would have to take some out the UKs debt, the economics of the country don't work as they spend far more than receive in tax and the SNPs only answer to money is north sea oil which belongs to Westminster anyway.

The reason you didn't get a say is in the laws eyes you are not capable of making rational long term decisions at your age, you are too easy to manipulate, an example of this for me is seen if you talk to any school leaver, another is why you are not allowed a credit card or mortgage until you are older.

Having said that, I do agree that it is an unfair situation, perhaps membership of these organisations/clubs should be decided on a generational basis, membership or exclusion shouldn't be binding for all of time, but that's not how the EU club works, if it was France and Germany would be gone too since all they seem to be doing is propping up the others financially at the moment.  The EU is broken and far outgrown it's original intended plan, and in five years when their new army has declared war on Russia, you might be thanking the very same people who voted out that you're now safe and excluded from mandatory enlistment.

There's no oil left in Scotland, the fields are all but depleted. If Scotland think they can survive on fish and whiskey exports they're in for a rude awakening, I'm not in charge but if I were and they voted to go I'd say fine, but don't expect us to fix your bridge or keep paying for your free prescriptions, good luck fending for yourselves, and when Nicola is charging you 50% basic rate tax, don't come to us for handouts.

I don't blame her for wanting independence for her country, after all its what we've just done. I've been watching this story all day and one thing is pretty clear. The arguments need to stop, its done. Our parties need to unite and get us through this. They need to send a clear message of intent of where we're going. At this point, ProjectLC seems to have given more information on what an independent UK is more then our actual government.

More importantly though, a clear message needs to be send out to people that this xenophobic element which people are reporting up and down the country is not to be tolerated. We voted to leave the EU, not to send people home or impose a fear in people for their nationalities. That is not what we voted for and our leaders need to make that clear.

According to someone on Sky News, Leave questioned by Downing Street had no plan (you know, the PM who supported the Remain campaign)...

And Leave wonder why everyone is so confused and worried... The plan did not extend past the referendum, which is embarrassing for any political campaign, let alone one this major...

I do believe they have a plan but it's behind closed doors. They have to portray to the uk people the plan meets their needs while at the same time the plan must put the global markets at ease. All of which needs good PR. When boris is put in charge then article 50 will be put in motion and the plan will be briefly laid out. It will lack details as they won't want to seem weak by not getting anything.

I an not sure Boris wants the job, actually I dont think any politician does.

The next Prime Minister will either, invoke A50 and alienate half the country whilst concurrently driving Scotland to Independence and Ireland to reunification, or

Not invoke A50 and alienate the other half of the country.

Either way they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  The only good thing is Osbourne won't ever be Prime Minister, which was a strong possibility this time last week.

Nah boris will go for PM and go forward with article 50. He will find a middle ground keeping us in the single market but control over our laws and the ability to make trade deals. As a result he will be supported by people who voted leave and get some support from people who wanted to stay. Meanwhile labour falls apart with this stupid no confidence vote. Also UKIP vote dwindles and gets distributed back to the party's they got them from (mainly conservatives).

So all in all it will play out quite well for the conservatives. 

Boris Johnson had come out and massively u-turned on their promises here - remember the points based immigration system?!

With Scotland I a mess, Ireland in a mess, France getting iffy on our boarder agreements and the markets in termoil it wouldn't surprise me if we never leave and Boris is setting the ground work for that.

His column said: "I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be.

"There will still be intense and intensifying European co-operation and partnership in a huge number of fields: the arts, the sciences, the universities, and on improving the environment.

"EU citizens living in this country will have their rights fully protected, and the same goes for British citizens living in the EU.

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI - the BDI - has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market.

"The only change - and it will not come in any great rush - is that the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal."