London Dungeons

Cringle

The main ride is called The River of death. It's just a straight forward boat ride which goes down the hill backwards at the end. Think Bubbleworks, but shorter and with out all the noise.The other one is kind of like Detinator at Thorpe park. it's meant to show you how you get exicuted, lucky for me though I managed to avoid going on it (it's right at the end!).There's no other rides as such, but to experience the hairdresser part you do need to lie down on a bench. Think 4 d (with out all the good 4d bits!)Hope you enjoy it if you decide to go

That sounds like Dickens World to me.

• 1 month later...

The dungeons are great. Theyprovide just the right amount of scares and then fun aswell. I love all the historical parts to it aswell.The tombs is F****** terrifying, The bridge Part is fun and provides lots of history, but then you get taken underground and you eneter the tombs where the actors touch you, there are anamatronics and clowns and spiders and claustraphobia tunnels and snakes and chainsaws, seriosuly it is immense.

• 6 months later...

Dungeons was good today at the meet, and I like the idea of a 5D ride! :PThe Bloody Mary burning at the stake thing is a good addition, didn't even know about it until we came to that scene! Freaked me out a bit though :PSilly question but the person that they choose...how do they make them "disappear"? :P I know it sounds stupid but I'm inrigued to know! Does the actor quicky "release" them before the lights come back on or something?

Dungeons was good today at the meet, and I like the idea of a 5D ride! :DThe Bloody Mary burning at the stake thing is a good addition, didn't even know about it until we came to that scene! Freaked me out a bit though :PSilly question but the person that they choose...how do they make them "disappear"? :P I know it sounds stupid but I'm inrigued to know! Does the actor quicky "release" them before the lights come back on or something?

The thing the person is 'tied' to turns round and the skeleton is on the other side :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Great fire of London scene I think it what was there before Bloody mary. I was going to say there is no such thing as 5D but if that's what we're now calling an interactive 4D film with movement then it sounds reasonable. I have to admit that apart from the dodgy CGI it looks awesome and something like that would really add to the Dungeons.

London Dungeon replied to a post that I replied to on their Facebook page saying that they will be getting a 5D ride next year!London Dungeon™ … yes it’s true and very exciting news! The London Dungeon will be launching the UK’s very first 5D laser ride in late Spring. It will be totally unique and totally interactive as you are challenged to take on an army of supernatural forces in an adrenaline charged laser battle of speed, skill and nerve. More details will be coming soon …. so watch this space.

• 1 month later...

From Facebook:Vengeance, our new 5D feature will open to the public on the 28th May. Vengeance is set in Victorian London at 50 Berkeley Square, alleged to be the most haunted house in London at the time...Does anyone know what it is replacing? I quite like the name, it sounds thrilling and daring.

The Dungeon's contacted me and informed me that improvements have been made to the Jack the Ripper section of the tour and those, would make way for Vengeance.I have no idea how much space they have, but the ride system looks like a lot of fun.