London Dungeons

Cringle

• 2 weeks later...

Went for the first time (that I remember, think I went years ago) last week. Overall quite impressed, but then I was very very drunk at the time. Musings:Was a lot longer than I expected, a good couple of hours, which with bogof vouchers I'd call good value.A rat ran across my hand at the till - nice touch!The actors throughout were quite spectacularly good, made it really atmospheric, involving and entertaining. They stayed 100% in character even while dealing with stupid wandering guests.The batching system didn't quite work out. We ended up being part of three groups in the end, you'd think they'd know exactly how many to batch together to fit in each section.Loved the boat ride, quite unexpected and fun.Vengeance was better than I expected, I agree with the pointless gun grumblings but can see why they've done it like that. It's obviously a tight fit time wise and if everyone was messing about comparing scores there'd be a big back up. But the disorienting spinning with the 3d works quite well, feels like it could do with a bit more theming around the room though to link between the screens.Extremis was brilliant, was expecting so much less from it as it looks quite small, but is very forceful and the loose fitting lap bar means some major out of seat time was had.Some of the scenes were seemed a bit pointless and didn't really go anywhere, but they were in the minority.It's all quite tongue in cheek and deliberately funny in many places (especially the court room), I know it's a family attraction but I think it could be a little bit out and out scary at times, maybe some more things to make you jump. Some of the models and props looked a little tired/amateurish, think it would be a fairly small spend to tart them up a bit.Both entrance and extremis photos were very well done, so we bought them both. Shame there was no email/digital copy option.Lots of stuff I can't remember, mainly due to the drinking. Overall we had a great time and I'll be going back sober to see if is actually that good.

• 1 month later...

Parking... In central London?Posted ImageIt IS right outside London Bridge station, so trains are quite simply the best bet... I cannot comprehend how awful it would be to park near there...

OMG :blush: there must be somewhere trains and me don't get on :D Would it last a day in there or only a morning ?

OMG :blush: there must be somewhere trains and me don't get on :D Would it last a day in there or only a morning ?

Honestly I have no idea, as being from London kinda means I would never ever think about driving into Central London unless it's between 11pm-5am...It WILL be an arm and a leg to park there though... Most definitely...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This year? I'd be surprised, spinning pointless gun ride* opened quite late in the season last year and has spent a couple of months closed since then. Surely they will still be trading off of that investment this year and wait til next year for anything new?*I admit I quite enjoyed spinning pointless gun ride, even with it's pointlessness.

• 1 month later...

Someone else has found this, but Merlin have applied for planning permission to add a Dungeons attraction into County Hall, right by the Aquarium and the Eye...

This is... strange and interesting for the future of the London Bridge ones themselves, are they to be removed for this version? Or both kept?

Can have a mosey at the plans here:

http://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocuments&keyVal=LY9MTDBOHV000

Someone else has found this, but Merlin have applied for planning permission to add a Dungeons attraction into County Hall, right by the Aquarium and the Eye...

This is... strange and interesting for the future of the London Bridge ones themselves, are they to be removed for this version? Or both kept?

Can have a mosey at the plans here:

http://planning.lamb...l=LY9MTDBOHV000

I believe the original is to be removed for good, this is as the noise statement says relocation of dungeons :)

http://xplorercentral.co.uk/?p=452, thats my article with all the details to sum up most questions