Football

zkk

Atmnosphere around the bridge yesterday was just all very strange, big shame about the result. Majorly dissapointed. Also, you don't judge a £50m signing on his first 60 minutes playing. Even though most of the papers seem to think you can.

Exactly. How can he be judged on his first hour at the club? They're saying how he's a flop and what not, but he wasn't given a chance to prove himself. Of course, the papers thought the sun shone out of his backside when he was a liverpool player...

Yeah but he has just joined another team so what he did for liverpool doesn't really matter that much. He's played 2 games, and he's yet to make a full game, through no fault of his own. Everyone needs to get off his back. You cant expect him to join another team and just be like BAM and score loads of goals. He just needs to get used to chelseas style of play.

£50 million and he has done NOTHING so far.

He's played 130 minutes of football for a new team who are trying to adjust to a new system.We've had a poor season, Torres is not at Fault.Why aren't you going on about Andy Carrol not scoring yet?

Torres has been crap all season though...

Not at all... before he has been on a better game to goal ratio than Rooney.Torres 23 League games9 GoalsRooney17 League games5 GoalsThose stats mean that anyone who tries to play the "He's injury prone" card can shove it.And anybody who says he's a poor player can shove it too.And yes .. he will be worth £50m EASILY. If he scores goals that secure us a champions league place, that already pays for a majority of his transfer fee.Seriously, some people are so deluded and don't think at all (Mainly scousers and the media) it pisses me off. Can't read anything positive about my team. We're just hated.1) Torres Isn't ****2) How can you judge a player after 120 mins of football3) Where were you when berbatov played **** for 2 years4) why does nobody else think £35m for carrol is worse than 50m for torres5) Even if he is **** and a waste of money, at least we can afford it.Torres didn't score yesterday because the small team down the road completely shut us off from making any clear chances. Don't get me wrong, Torres had a nightmare yesterday. But no worse to what Rooney has been like for a majority of the season .Anyway, did anyone hear out lovely vocal support at the cottage yesterday? 'twas a good evening.

Bout time I can reply to this...

Not at all... before he has been on a better game to goal ratio than Rooney.Torres 23 League games9 GoalsRooney17 League games5 GoalsThose stats mean that anyone who tries to play the "He's injury prone" card can shove it.And anybody who says he's a poor player can shove it too.

I love the way you've kept editing your post from the original one... Throw your stats at me all you want, it's actually relatively hard to compare Rooney and Torres because they are both very different strikers... Whilst they share some trademarks of flair and skill, they are not equal, Rooney is often played in a deeper role, meaning that he probably will get fewer chances in a game in comparison to Torres, where he was one out of two outlets Liverpool had...For the record, they've both been crap this season... I support a team NOT in the Moneybags League, so I'm not biased in any way shape or form towards one of them, it's a joint hatred for various reasons...

And yes .. he will be worth £50m EASILY. If he scores goals that secure us a champions league place, that already pays for a majority of his transfer fee.Seriously, some people are so deluded and don't think at all (Mainly scousers and the media) it pisses me off. Can't read anything positive about my team. We're just hated.

What if he doesn't? Then he's not worth it? Quite frankly for that fee he should be able to link into a team well... Chelsea are hated... As are Man Utd, and Liverpool, and Arsenal, and Spurs... Each one for different reasons... The media pick onto teams in slumps because it's easier to find faults... Saw exactly the same when Liverpool were being crap (I.e. every last couple of years), and the same for any particular 'big' player (you did read the papers after the World Cup right?)

1) Torres Isn't ****2) How can you judge a player after 120 mins of football3) Where were you when berbatov played **** for 2 years4) why does nobody else think £35m for carrol is worse than 50m for torres5) Even if he is **** and a waste of money, at least we can afford it.

1) He has been this season in comparison to others... £50 million is way too much... 2) Easily... What has he been like off the ball as well? Players are rather easy to see from the stands how much they want to play... It's a simple thing... Plus there is so much expectation of him... £50 million? Off rivals? 3) I don't support United, so couldn't care less about Berbatov, next...4) Everyone knows that English players are so over inflated... Mike Ashley walked to the bank beaming when Liverpool (or Liverfool in this instance) came knocking... One good season in the Championship and half of one in the Premiership? Now injured... Perfect, let Liverpool waste their money...5) That sickens me... Chelsea are posting HUGE losses... Yet manage to spend 50 mill? It's exactly that which is disgraceful about football... If that was any other business it would've been closed down ages ago, but because it's football, it's allowed (from more than Chelsea, Utd and a few others are guilty of this)...Besides, if UEFA actually bring in the monetary limits on European competitions, that 50 million won't look too clever will it? Let alone the 20 million odd for David Luiz as well...Another note, don't label me as a Man Utd fan... That actually sickens me... And please, UK football atmosphere has been awful for years now... I don't think there's been a game recently when I've thought "Wow, listen to the crowd, they're really excited"...

Any other Championship fans here? I am a Crystal palace season ticket holder and I go to a lot of away games too and so I'm a big fan! On the topic of the Premier League I think that the Fulham Chelsea game has showed that money cannot buy unity in a team and you need to stick with players (and managers) like Man U to really get fans! For me as palace fan I am just relieved that Preston messed up tonight!

Just because we support teams I.e chelsea that happen to be loaded, it doesn't mean that them being rich is the reason we support them. I've supported them long before the money, and I'll continue to do so long after Abrahmovich has left! I don't believe what you were saying about the other top teams getting equal amount of stick as chelsea. It's quite clear the media hates chelsea, and to say that Man Utd get treated badly in the press is a joke! As far as the press is concerned, fergie and his team of divas can do no wrong. As soon as chelsea became a threat when we started winning the league, everyone has been out to get us!

Just because we support teams I.e chelsea that happen to be loaded, it doesn't mean that them being rich is the reason we support them. I've supported them long before the money, and I'll continue to do so long after Abrahmovich has left!

Good for you, but I never used that as part of the arguement because of exact factors like that... I didn't call out anything about glory hunting so yeah...

I don't believe what you were saying about the other top teams getting equal amount of stick as chelsea. It's quite clear the media hates chelsea, and to say that Man Utd get treated badly in the press is a joke! As far as the press is concerned, fergie and his team of divas can do no wrong. As soon as chelsea became a threat when we started winning the league, everyone has been out to get us!

The media change their tagets regularly... Liverpool earlier in the season, United when Rooney was with his grannies again, and now apparently as you keep saying, Chelsea... Because they're in a bad way of form and quite likely right now to not get into the top 4...There's a reason why people don't like Chelsea (and to the same degree, Man City), because of the way the success has been more brought in rather than earnt... Plus the way in which 50 million is being spent on one player is just stupid as I said in my earlier post when it could probably run an entire league for a year... It's horrendous to think that but there's no responsibility taken by the clubs for their actions...And now with them considering removing the 90 minute rule for youth setups, it's going to get even worse... English football is dying a horrible death right now... The World Cup proved that but because we apparently have the best league in the world nothing is ever done to prevent numerous clubs from going under because of overspending in an attempt to get more money... How bigger clubs are allowed to wallow in so much debt is beyond me... It's completely unfair but because it's the big teams it's always ignored... There's always been preferential treatment for the top teams, no ifs or buts... And because of the monopoly I doubt we'll ever see another time when teams like Newcastle or Blackburn will win because they won't want to risk it...I think all fans think like that anyway that the press think they're rubbish... Heard Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool fans all say it, so by logical reasoning the press must hate everyone right? Like I said...