Rant

Theme Park bloke

Just needed somewhere to ven but ggrrrrrr! my god does anybody else find it so annoying when you know there are people who fake, awful, vile nasty people and then you see people on facebook becoming friends with them and hanging out and what not and its annoying because you hate them and you don't want to see what they are doing and you don't want to see people you thought had better taste hanging around with someone like that because its seriously driving me round the bend pictures poping up and what not its like seriously I thought you would be smarter than that?

Just move on. No need to get annoyed with one person. And there's certainly no need to get annoyed if other people (presumably your friends) seem to get along with this person. If said person is bad enough, your friends will soon see for themselves that they aren't worth their time.

When you like someone but they don't like you back because your too ugly for them.

Tell that person to do one. Don't let anyone make you feel like you're not good enough for them. They might be the best looking person in the world, but that doesn't stop them from being a complete and utter arse.

Love the transport rant Mark, although I am guilty of the repeated button pushing with the train doors, except that I do know how it works. It's mainly with South West Trains, as the door buttons take ages to light up, I just feel the need to push them :o I feel very uncomfortable with strangers being close to me so I tend to do what I can to block the seat next to me on the train. Wouldn't block 4 seats though, even though I'd love to, infact I'd block the whole carriage if I could :)Buses aren't as bad, perhaps because people don't stay on for as long, and you don't get people with massive bags and briefcases!And I always get in people's way :o Most of the time I'm in my own world and I struggle to be aware of others ;) So if I need to go in my bag or whatever, chances are I'll just stop without a thought, but it's not because I'm stupid or selfish, I just lack the awareness. I should get a personalised hoody saying "WARNING: AWAY WITH THE FAIRIES" on the back :lol:Or in my case, away with the cats.

• 2 weeks later...

And France is next door and day-trippable if you really felt like it, unlike this person's destination.:closedeyes:

Are they going to...Posted ImageTo be honest though, the strength of a friendship survives all kind of distances. It's tough for you but its going to be far tougher for them, leaving their friends and family behind. Big hugs needed all round really. :P

Sure you can skype or facebook or whatever but it's hardly the same as seeing them literally every day like I did this person... And France is next door and day-trippable if you really felt like it, unlike this person's destination.:closedeyes:

I saw my best friend everyday, we practically lived at each others houses. And France is 'next door' but, especially from the age of 10, how was I supposed to see her? I still wouldnt be allowed to now and my parents would never go with me so how big the distance is really makes no difference, I still wasnt able to see her...

Are they going to...Posted ImageTo be honest though, the strength of a friendship survives all kind of distances. It's tough for you but its going to be far tougher for them, leaving their friends and family behind. Big hugs needed all round really. :D

I hope not, I wouldn't wish a Nightmare At 20,000 Feet on anyone :closedeyes: I suppose you're right, although they are going back to family so I don't know.Hug donations gratefully accepted. :P

I moved 3/4 hours away from all my friends and colleagues, and to say that those who stay in constant touch with you are the ones who are worthwhile...Indeed, no-one has actually ever come and seen me up at uni aside from Nicky... So my friends are bloody useless really :closedeyes:

Friendships are funny 'ol things really. At the ripe ol age of 41, I should know. I have seen them come and go but there are always some who will stay in the picture. A friend and I fell out back in '98. All contact fell by the way side and it was a real shame as I was best man at his wedding. A few weeks ago, a friend and I went to see Iron Maiden at the O2 and I bumped into my ex friend and his family, amidst thousands of people. :closedeyes: His wife hugged me and cried and it was a very emotional experience. It's hard to say if we will become great friends again but we are now back in touch and this encounter has really made me think philosophically about certain aspects of life....Chris.