Rant

Theme Park bloke

Indeed, no-one has actually ever come and seen me up at uni aside from Nicky... So my friends are bloody useless really :closedeyes:

****. I've picked you up from there, surely that counts?Oh and hurry up and move in, then we can see each other everyday like big old gays!

When you live so far away from anything remotely resembling fun that your Summer Holidays are little more than Summer Bore and the most exciting thing in your life is writing and deciding which two hours of the early morning are you going to spend asleep because that's all you can get.

People who cannot pronounce the letter H.IT'S AITCH, NOT HAITCH!!Sorry, I know when people get corrected online chatting they get all like "omg it's the grammar police" but this isn't online, this is real people talking, and the correct pronounciation is aitch. It does not have two ways of saying it! So people don't have a reason to say it like that :blink:It's really grinding my gears! :D Whenever I hear anyone mispronounce it I just have to fight the urge to correct them and rant...so many people say it, even intelligent, well-educated people! I'd love to know how it all started.Apologies to anyone here who does say Haitch but...grr! Especially when teachers at school/college used to mispronounce it! I mean really??AAAAAND breathe......

YAY! :DAnd it's more effort to say HAITCH than aitch, cos of the H sound, what a waste of breath...I mean you don't say AD HIATCH D. So why be like "I have HAITCH D TV"? That should totally be a way of getting people to learn at school, like the other rules like "I before e except after c" etc... :glare:I mean no offence but it just makes no sense. Scone, bath, etc etc...the words that we can pronounce more than one way, usually because of regional accents etc then fine, I accept that (even if the other way does sound funny :D ). But HAITCH is something someone illiterate fish made up and it's all a load of silly stuff...people caught on and then it just spread and now people sound daft :D

New rant... People who use racism or discrimination of any kind as an excuse for EVERYTHING. Just saw this on Screamscape:

If I had to point out one of my faults, it would probably be a tendency to be impatient with morons. Case in point… a 3,000 person Muslin Tour Group visiting Rye Playland on Tuesday apparently started a fight and injured two park Rangers after being informed that any Hijabs or other head-coverings (religious or not) would not be permitted on certain park attractions where headgear of any kind of prohibited. Instead of understanding that it was a safety issue and not some kind of attack on their religion, certain members of the group went ballistic, which led to 15 arrests, as police were called out to the park and closed the park entrance for two hours to deal with the problem. All over a standard park safety issue… and a belief that they were above the rules set for everyone else. How pathetic… especially when it made world headlines just last year how a woman was strangled to death by her hijab while riding a go-kart, following a couple of other deaths around the world by woman wearing scarves on Go-karts all in the same year.

And a news article on the same incident:

A ban on religious and other head coverings on rides at a suburban amusement park on Tuesday sparked scuffles leading to 15 arrests.Rye Playland, just north of New York City, was crowded with roughly 3,000 visitors from a Muslim tour group celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, which marks the end of Islam's holy month of fasting, Ramadan.Disputes broke out after women wearing traditional Muslim scarves called hijabs tried to get on rides that prohibit any head coverings for safety reasons, Westchester County officials said. The women were offered refunds. But then male and female visitors started to argue among themselves, according to a statement from the county executive's office. Two park rangers who intervened were injured and were hospitalized.The tour operator, the Muslim American Society of New York, had been advised of the rule numerous times before the event, parks Deputy Commissioner Peter Tartaglia said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.The group did not immediately return a call for comment Tuesday night.Tartaglia defended the policy against head coverings on rides as a safety precaution. He said scarves can become entangled in mechanical parts, choke riders or fly off and land in a ride's tracks. He faulted the tour operator for not ensuring the visitors understood the policy."We respect the religious purpose of wearing it, but we have several rides that you cannot go on with any sort of headgear," he said.The park entrance was closed for two hours as police responded to the scene. More than 6,000 people were in the park at the time.Tartaglia said all the people arrested were later released. Westchester County officials would not say what the charges against them were.

SourceThis makes me MAD. No, it's not because you're black. It's not because you're Muslim either. It isn't even because you're disabled... YOU JUST HAVE TO OBEY THE SAME RULES EVERYONE ELSE DOES. :D Actual rage.And while I'm already angry, these Dale Farm people. I don't see how there is even an argument here... Let alone how it has raged on for 10 years. They are breaking the law. The council can therefore tell them to GTFO. Case closed. Really bloody annoying me.

I hope that's not referring to me...there is a reason why I have trouble speaking to people, and anyone would find it hard to speak up and say to their friends that they didn't like the things they were saying to them...so put them both in the same situation, it's definitely not easy :blink:It's all too easy to say the person, whoever they are, needs to get confidence. They'd probably give anything to have that confidence but it's something that takes time to gain, and depending on the situation, could be almost impossible to speak up. And maybe they didn't want to bring the mood down and look like they were moaning or taking it too seriously when the others were just having a laugh.I quote Dumbledore from Philosophers Stone: " It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

What irritates me is when people start on me on Tumblr, anonymously. The fact that they call me all this stuff, yet lack the balls to reveal their identity just pees me off. It's so easy to hide on the internet. I have no confidence as it is, so them saying this stuff doesn't help. I just hope it's not someone I know personally, because they're even more of a coward for not telling me in person, like they have the chance to.

Facebook, people literaly SCREAMING at me to get it. I don't see the point if I wan't to talk to people I already know in real life ill talk face to face.

What if they move away? Or live far away? Or move country? Or you move school/ college/country and will never see them again. Don't be so insular.

And it's more effort to say HAITCH than aitch, cos of the H sound, what a waste of breath...I mean you don't say AD HIATCH D. So why be like "I have HAITCH D TV"?

Well, I'm ever so sorry, but I'm one who says HAITCH.It sounds ridiculous that it's AITCH, course it's haitch. Yes I do say AD haitch D, or haitch tv. As, amazingly, thats how I pronounce the letter.I hate people ranting about utter crap, as to be honest, majority of people I know say haitch. :D[Oh, and I adore facebook, you'll never realise its benefits until you use it]

It is very useful... It's a lifesaver when planning events, we pretty much coordinated editing my entire school magazine from a group which saved ridiculous amounts of time, and I'm able to stay in contact with a friend who just moved half way around the world. It is not useless.Edit: Just got ninja'd AGAIN! Was re Facebook, obviously.

1) I hate it when you're nice to people and you stay up till 2am in the morning to act as a messenger between two people, who are having boyfriend/girlfriend troubles and then when you want to talk to them, they can't spare you a bloody minute. You try to symphasise with them feeling paranoid and try to convince them, their friends aren't on purposely ignoring you and then they do the same thing to you.They say they read your message and they will get back to you and when you try to talk to them, they just ignore you several times. I mean what are friends for??2)Another guy, I have been friends with for 2.5 years and whenever I try to talk to him on FB, he just ignores me. He says that I've been friends with him for a long time and I should feel comfortable around him, but how can I, when you don't even reply?Forever Alone :D

1) I hate it when you're nice to people and you stay up till 2am in the morning to act as a messenger between two people, who are having boyfriend/girlfriend troubles and then when you want to talk to them, they can't spare you a bloody minute. You try to symphasise with them feeling paranoid and try to convince them, their friends aren't on purposely ignoring you and then they do the same thing to you.They say they read your message and they will get back to you and when you try to talk to them, they just ignore you several times. I mean what are friends for??2)Another guy, I have been friends with for 2.5 years and whenever I try to talk to him on FB, he just ignores me. He says that I've been friends with him for a long time and I should feel comfortable around him, but how can I, when you don't even reply?Forever Alone :D

Look life throws **** at you, but get through and good times will come, noone is ever alone, we all have people who believe in what we do, and thats how people make friends. Iv'e come home today feeling like crap, alone and all that but ill get through, I still have friends who stand by me. We all do.

Look life throws **** at you, but get through and good times will come, noone is ever alone, we all have people who believe in what we do, and thats how people make friends. Iv'e come home today feeling like crap, alone and all that but ill get through, I still have friends who stand by me. We all do.

Life is easier said than done though.And sometimes your friends can be your worst enemies... Food for thought.@Will, people are just strange. Especially ones who say you are friends but often it doesn't feel that way. Hard to say what to do because all I do is have unrequited rage or confusion over the whole deal.

Life is easier said than done though.

Yeah it is, it really is. You know iv'e come across this situation so many times - I say I'm going to do something and when the moment comes to do it.I never do.Life is crap, and confusing, but good memories always last. Edited by Sidders
Fixed quote tags

So I'm learning to drive, and before I was insured by my parents on their car I made sure there would be no restrictions on when and where I could use it (within reason). (Because otherwise I could've saved up for a cheap car for myself). And now a week away from my test they have basically already forbidden me to drive the car anywhere ever if I pass. What the ****? I'm fine with them being protective or whatever but this could've been avoided. If I knew I wouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere after passing my driving test I would've never learned... So this has just pissed me off on top of a bad day really.