Rant

Theme Park bloke

It p*sses me off that everyone around me seems to be getting boyfriends / girlfriends, and I've been single for years. It just makes me really depressed at times. As those of you reading the Relationships thread will know, I like someone an awful lot, and it's just never going anywhere. I'm fed up now. The only ounce of hope I have left is seeing her possibly positive response from my card to be sent on sunday. If it's bad news then, I'm just going to hit an even bigger wave of depression. On the other hand, if it's good news, I wouldn't be able to stop smiling, even if I stapled my face down.In the words of Kelly Clarkson, 'The trouble with love is, that it tears you up inside'. That couldn't be more true.

It p*sses me off that everyone around me seems to be getting boyfriends / girlfriends, and I've been single for years. It just makes me really depressed at times. As those of you reading the Relationships thread will know, I like someone an awful lot, and it's just never going anywhere. I'm fed up now. The only ounce of hope I have left is seeing her possibly positive response from my card to be sent on sunday. If it's bad news then, I'm just going to hit an even bigger wave of depression. On the other hand, if it's good news, I wouldn't be able to stop smiling, even if I stapled my face down.In the words of Kelly Clarkson, 'The trouble with love is, that it tears you up inside'. That couldn't be more true.

Awhh Paul I know how you feel :D All of my friends (and I mean ALL of them) seem to have happily found their significant others and as usual I'm the loner with no-one, for a while I thought I was single because I wasn't good enough for anyone but now I know its just a matter of finding that special guy for me. You've already found your person :D so don't give up on them! Cause if you never let them know how you feel about them you'll regret it in the future :D and trust me I know how much that hurts.RIGHT, my rant tonight is that people can be so insensitive, I mean really - EVERYONE must have a conscience right? But there still seem to be a large majority of people out there that won't stop at making you miserable until you A) Have a complete mental breakdownB)self harm C) kill yourselfAnd another thing I hate is wannabe scene-kids. Come on, STOP TRYING SO HARD GODDAMMIT. 'Nuff said :P

I am sure she will say yes Paul and I wish you all the luck.Maybe one way to stop feeling down would be to think that you wern't meant to be if both say no.(Sorry that is just me trying to be positive, sorry!)And for mentioning Kelly Clarkson - I know that will make Mikey very happy! :PMy rant (Not as serious as everyone elses):Most people are moaning cause of the new Facebook.Mine is still the old one and I got a notification 30 mins later someone posted something on my wall. - I had to click on the note tab and then click see all just to be able to see it as some aren't appearing on my wall until 60 mins later! GRRRRR! :P WORK YOU STUPID THING! :D

Awhh Paul I know how you feel :P All of my friends (and I mean ALL of them) seem to have happily found their significant others and as usual I'm the loner with no-one, for a while I thought I was single because I wasn't good enough for anyone but now I know its just a matter of finding that special guy for me. You've already found your person :D so don't give up on them! Cause if you never let them know how you feel about them you'll regret it in the future :D and trust me I know how much that hurts.

Thanks :PAs much as I might hate the reaction, I need to tell her just how much I like her. She is something special, she's the first and only girl that I've cried over.

Jack, I'm your friend and I'm single :P - forgot about me ay?-I've been single for a number of years and to be honest, there's no point in having relationships that young because you're not ready to commit and being able to commit is not something that people can do at such a young age, it takes maturity and experience to do - you need to know what you're heading into. The truth is, there are many people who aren't able to commit because they don't take being in a relationship too seriosuly or that they've played the field too much that, they can't get used to not playing the field.Me? I'm ready to commit to a relationship but not till I'm in Uni.

And for mentioning Kelly Clarkson - I know that will make Mikey very happy! :P

Haha, you actually have no idea! GO PAUL! :)On my related Kelly Clarkson rant, it annoys me so much when people don't see past the weight thing. Rather than comment on her amazing voice and knock out performances, people always comment on how they think she looks fat.She is not fat, or even overweight, but because she isn't stick thin like some other people in the music industry- particularly in pop, people will always point it out. I tell ya, it doesn't even enter my mind when I'm watching her perform, I just get totally mesmorised by her and appreciate the gift that she has.I think it's very inspring for people to see celebs in the industry to be curvy, and a healthy weight, there's too much pressure for, especially young people who are always exposed to people who aren't much bigger than a size zero. I believe people should feel happy about the way they look, perhaps having more people in the media who are actually an ideal weight, and not underweight will make people feel a lot better about themselves.

Try not to worry about other people in relationships, half the people in them will probably only be in them because they feel pressured that they should be in a relationship because everyone else. It's one big vicous cycle.But I'm basically in the same situation as you, so you aren't alone on this. I've liked this person since June last year, and there've been times when apparently they've liked me back but I wasn't sure, so I ended up being too cautious (however it's spelt), and so went and messed that all up. So now it's going nowhere again, but I still like her so much. :\I also agree with what Mikey said. :P

But I'm basically in the same situation as you, so you aren't alone on this. I've liked this person since June last year, and there've been times when apparently they've liked me back but I wasn't sure, so I ended up being too cautious (however it's spelt), and so went and messed that all up. So now it's going nowhere again, but I still like her so much. :\

Wow, you're probably the closest person I know to being in the same situation! Her friends told my best friend that she didn't deny it when they asked her if she likes me, and that she said that she loves talking to me. But that was months ago, and we haven't moved anywhere. To be honest, I'm really clueless. There are many signs that may show that she likes me, but there are also many signs that may show that she just likes our current relationship as friends. I hate times like these when you just wish you knew what the other person was thinking. If I knew that she liked me, then everything would be so much easier to deal with. As I've time and time again, I'm going to tell her exactly how I feel and be completely honest, as I just can't carry on the way we are as 'just friends'. Even if we stop being friends, I'm willing to risk it just so that she knows how I feel. If she does like me, then this coming half-term could be one of the best ever. Basically because her and I are going to the same party during half-term, so if I find out that she likes me before then, then I may be able to build up the courage to ask her out at the party. On the other hand, if she doesn't like me back, then that party could be one of the most awkward and depressing moments in my life. The main question that's always on my mind is, 'Does she like me too?'. I'll find out soon enough, February 14th 2010 will be a 'Judgement Day' for me.This should probably be in the Relationships topic, but hell it's a bit of a rant!

I've been single for a number of years and to be honest, there's no point in having relationships that young because you're not ready to commit and being able to commit is not something that people can do at such a young age, it takes maturity and experience to do - you need to know what you're heading into.

I disagree. Okay, so to get into a relationship you most certainly need to be mature enough to maintain one; it isn't about 'he said, she said', giggles, gossip and kissing, but age and maturity don't weigh up in the same way. I'm in a very happy, stable relationship and have been for coming up to three months; we're both under 16. Okay, we're not experienced in relationships, we know we've both made mistakes and we over look that. But everyone has to start somewhere, experience doesn't just hit you as you get older. We're learning together and we've already taught each other so much about the values of a relationship, you take the bad with the good. I've gone through quite a lot of stress lately and the main person that's helped me through is my boyfriend, the amount of support he's shown me is far beyond anything you might expect.I'm not saying everyone young is ready for a relationship or even needs one. But for some people they really are mature enough and it's the right thing for them. You may argue that when young and still in school/full time education it may be harder to concentrate on your work, and I'll be the first to admit that getting the balance right is difficult. But then, if your boyfriend/girlfriend is mature enough to understand and be supportive of you, then there's no reason that your relationship would take over your life. If I'm completely honest, my boyfriend keeps me on the right track; I've often found myself slipping out of 'education mode' and into 'rebellious, I-don't-give-a-clap mode'.Although teens are typically portrayed in the media as immature and foolish, don't lump us all together; some of us are actually quite mature. :)

People are also forgetting that majority of our grandparents etc married young and are still together, relationships dont care about age if your mature enough your mature enough.

I agree, My mum and her Boyfriend are 10 years gap! And people think a 16 year old going out with a 22 year old is disgusting... er no. ( Not me by the way)!