Rant

Theme Park bloke

I'm so annoyed with my now "ex" maths teacher who I've had since year 8 till this part of the year in year 9. She always has picked on me and like the other day when someone nearly broke my nose chucking a hard bag at my face she sent me out for shouting out "Ow" Then when I come back in and tell her what happened her response was "Oh no, your a nasty liar! Ned never lies and I know he wouldn't do a thing like that. Give me your contact diary, I'm giving you a detention for disturbing my class" What the hell?! :wub: Well anyway, yesterday she approaches me and goes on about how she thinks I'm failing (I wonder why :D ) and that I'm getting disrupted by the class, completely the opposite to what she said a couple of days ago. Also she tells me that the room is getting a bit crowded where I sit (which I find absoloute crap as a set 3 has swapped with means there's still the same amount of people in the class when I was there, is it my size she doesn't like?). Then she emails my parents and doesn't tell them the things she told me about the class being crowded/getting distracted, only that I distract and are failing, so now I have them moaning at me. True, our class have terrorsied her badly while we've had laughs from it (such as when she started using a Britney Spears microphone for our class :D ), but now she's moved me down a set I just look back and think "You treated me like dirt on your shoe, all those detentions that should of been other people's." Even today when I went into the class and say "Bye guys" she says I've got an official detention - which to be honest made me Lol as she put my name on the board, even though I not in her class :D Teachers nowdays just don't teach properly :) Rant over

I'm so annoyed with my now "ex" maths teacher who I've had since year 8 till this part of the year in year 9. She always has picked on me and like the other day when someone nearly broke my nose chucking a hard bag at my face she sent me out for shouting out "Ow" Then when I come back in and tell her what happened her response was "Oh no, your a nasty liar! Ned never lies and I know he wouldn't do a thing like that. Give me your contact diary, I'm giving you a detention for disturbing my class" What the hell?! :wub:

Go to your head of year / form tutor and explain the situation.Detentions can be easily cancelled. :)

My French teacher cannot stand my class, nor can we stand her. She came in in September and took over as head of MFL. We told her how far we had got to and how much we had done (basically nothing - out previous teacher was terrible). We also told her that we had done to first 2 (out of 4 modules). She said it was fine, and we spent the first half term and a couple of weeks of the second half term doing nothing but watch films in French. Then, all of a sudden, she goes berserk and starts panicking that we haven't done the Module 3 coursework. SO, we had to cram 2 bits of coursework in, when we should have been revising for out mocks. Also, she keeps moving us about to different classrooms. Even though we're in our final year, the year 7s are more important and need to work in a French classroom. Meanwhile, we have to keep swapping between History, Geography, English, god knows what else classrooms - even though we should take priority. One lesson, she just had a massive go at us randomly and went out crying (leaving us with nothing to do for 35 minutes of a 50 minute lesson). We did nothing wrong, yet she blames us. She hasn't even apologised to us.. We now basically hate her, and she hates us. She is happy for everyone to get Cs, even though about half the class are predicted B or above. Even though the majority of the class or well behaved during the lessons, she says that she is going to be "cracking down" on us, and making sure no one "steps out of line". Now, for homework, she is giving us 16 questions on a Wednesday, and expects answers (of about 2-3 sentences each) in for Friday. Then, she says she will mark all of them in class (while the class does what!?) and then she wants us to memorise off by heart all the answers to the questions, so she can ask us them on a Wednesday. It is ridiculously way too much and is far to much to do with everything else going on for other GCSEs.Argh.

I just shout abuse at the teacher....

Hense why you don't get your detention cancelled Ricky! :wub::)

Also, she keeps moving us about to different classrooms. Even though we're in our final year, the year 7s are more important and need to work in a French classroom. Meanwhile, we have to keep swapping between History, Geography, English, god knows what else classrooms - even though we should take priority. One lesson, she just had a massive go at us randomly and went out crying (leaving us with nothing to do for 35 minutes of a 50 minute lesson). Then, she says she will mark all of them in class (while the class does what!?) and then she wants us to memorise off by heart all the answers to the questions, so she can ask us them on a Wednesday. It is ridiculously way too much and is far to much to do with everything else going on for other GCSEs.

Year 11 out of Y7 to Y11 should have priority in their own room without a doubt.However, I also think Y7's do as well as they are new and need to feel like they know where they are going etc.If your teacher is crying then blaming you lot if you genuinally haven't done something wrong then she is not fit to teach - end of!I mean, I wanna be a teacher but I would never let a class beat me. If she continues to do this, I would go to your head of year / form tutor if it is bothering you that much.And unfortunately, all teachers have different methods. She could ask you to mark it yourself for practice for the exam instead of her doing it.This is the thing - if you don't like the way a teacher teachers and you wanna make suggestions, then open your mouth!!!!I done this with one of my teachers and he took notice. Notice how I say "suggestions" in a kind way and not a forceful way! :D

Excuse my French in the next post.So school, a place full of wonderful things to learn, new people to meet and opportunities, unfortunately along with this is all the sh*t.Seems that most people who I'm not cool with either immediately judge me, want to hurt me or start rumors about me that are complete bull! One thing I've learnt so far is that age and year group doesn't count for sh*t when you're a complete immature tw*t! Seriously, I get older people starting on me or making pathetic comments who I have never done anything to or had any contact with before. There is this one guy in particular and his two little suck ups who has been making the regular "Sort your hair out" or ginger joke. 1. Without sounding vain, my hair owns! :) 2. This guy who makes the ginger jokes naturally has red hair and has chosen the worst color of blond possible to dye his hair. How big a hypocrite do you seriously get.These comments didn't really do anything to me as I knew they were just immature douches who have lost their virginity to a complete slut and will loose all sense of power when they are released to the real world. Although a few weeks ago they caught me during lunch, made for normal sucky comment. This time there was a large group of them all picking on one of me, they lifted my shirt up, started harassing me, putting me in really awkward situations and stealing stuff from my bag. At the time I tried to let it not affect how I felt, although as soon as I started feeling a bit upset for whatever reason, bad feelings came flooding back again, wahey.The week after this the one master douche leader, or the guy who picks on me the most, came up to me during lunch, stole some food, made the normal comment. I wasn't playing along with it, I was telling him to f*ck off and ended up slapping him. One thing that didn't help was my friends actually didn't do anything to help out, they just kinda played along and laughed about it. I felt so sh*t, ended up walking off fast as I could to the nearest toilet so I could just be on my own for a bit.As soon as I got near the building where the toilets are, what do you know, the master douche leader kicked the back of me. At this point I was close to swearing my teets off, instead I just looked at him with a tear about to roll down my cheek. He seemed to find this hilarious. I went into the toilets then as soon as I open the door, he's in front of me stopping me from going in. I just gave up at this point and buried my head into my hands. I needed a big long hug. At school it is know that I'm bi, god, if the douches found out I dread to think what would happen. Anyway, fortunately my friends accept me and it hasn't made any difference, apart from the one thing that is written in a textbook, I apparently s**ked someone who I have never had any relationship or sexual feelings for. Then you get rumors like that going around by mouth, and the person who seems to think it's funny to mock me about my sexuality every so often. It absolutely does my head in sometimes from just reflecting or thinking about it to much, god I sometimes hate school.Hugs anyone? :wub:

^ Andrew - If you wanna call or message me, feel free.ou are a great guy and have a fantastic girlfriend who wouldn't tolerate anyone giving you sh*t!If you are being put in these situations on a regular basis, then don't suffer in silence.Either...1. (immature bit) - Get me and I will freak them off with my gayness compared to you. And then hit them :wub:or2. (mature bit :wub:) - Let your head of year know. I suffered in silence with someone who threatened me constantly. I then got the courage to tell my parents and my head of year. It was immediately sorted and he is now being watched and will be excluded if it happens again.Don't let ANYONE bother you Andrew. You are a great guy. Whether it is sexual wise, verbal etc, then don't suffer.You have more friends than them ****s could ever have!!!!!

I've forgotten how (excuse my language) ****ing awful school can be. I was bullied because of my ears, my accent and in primary school, one particular guy thought it was incredibly funny to bully me over the fact my brother had just died. It's very hard to say, just try and ignore it when they seem to be pushing it on you. Keith has said what I would do and its the only way to help the situation. You don't deserve to be treated like that, no one does.

This is the thing - if you don't like the way a teacher teachers and you wanna make suggestions, then open your mouth!!!!

Firstly, thanks for the advice. However, we have done this, plenty of times. We have told the co-ordinator of learning (or whatever the position is called) and she did little. We've also told our teacher that the way she teaches doesn't work for us and we don't like it. She replies with stuff like "well, the work's got to be done and this is the easiest way to do it", even though it clearly isn't. When we've told other teachers, they have accepted this and adapted for us (one even swapped teachers to make it easier for us). Thing is, our French teacher feels she is so good because she had got a 100% A*-C record in 5 years of teaching, and she has taught loads of languages. Yet, when we try and get help, it doesn't work!Again, thanks for your advice. :PAs for you Andrew, I cannot say any more than has already been said. Though I've never met you before, you seem like a great guy and I'm just sorry to hear that this has happened to you. :wub:

Excuse my French in the next post....

Dude that is awful :DSchool can be such a tough environment to be in. Haha the hair comments bring back so many memories, but yeah needless to say your hair does own, and us ginge's have to look out for one another :PSeriously though, Keith and Mark are right, do something to help yourself; I repress a lot of things that happen to me and I still deal the the reprocussions everday. It's a very difficult thing to deal with, but when it is dealt with the right way by teachers and what have you, it does make schoool life a lot more bareable.

Sorry Andrew, I have just read your post. That really is sh!t and noone deserves to be treated like that. One of the reasons that I hang around TPM is that the people I have met from here are awesome and, since we met in December you joined that group :PAs others have said, feel free to add me to msn, or get my phone number off Facebook and contact me anytime.Oh and yeah, You get one big hug now, and another the next time we meet Posted Image

I'm fed up with people moaning about EMA. I got it, I got the full amount. I got it because I lived with my mum and she had a low income/been in and out of work due to health problems. Hell I'll be honest, money hasn't been the luckiest thing in our lives for the past few years. When I say I have no money, I really do NOT have any money. Which is another rant itself - people claiming they have no money and then buying stuff or going out! Grr! :PBut anyway, not only that, but I really did need it to pay for travel to college, to buy lunch (either to take with me or buy at college), trips, etc etc. If I didn't have EMA, well I don't know what would have happened tbh...So I just feel people really need to think about others before having a go at them! Because there are families and single parents just about getting by and so EMA is vital. But as usual there are cheats out there who do, unfortunately, take the p!$, and everyone focuses on them, which makes genuine people like me look like money-grabbing thieves. :DNone of this is aimed at anyone one here obviously, I'm talking about people in general, but seeing as I'm aware there are college-age people on here...apologies if it causes offence or anything like that. But I hope people understand my point of view and don't take it the wrong way :DEdit: Paul and tpkabz - I hate that on MSN!! Especially when I'm typing a message! Surely they noticed that it said I was writing a message? Grr!

I got a new charger today for my Macbook which has taken ages to get here, NOW on the top bar it says 'Not Charging' which it usually says after its been completely flat for a while, but now its still there after 20 minutes, and when I unplug it turns off. I fear my battery is ****ed :'(

I got a new charger today for my Macbook which has taken ages to get here, NOW on the top bar it says 'Not Charging' which it usually says after its been completely flat for a while, but now its still there after 20 minutes, and when I unplug it turns off. I fear my battery is ****ed :'(

Is it an official Apple Charger? Where did you Purchase it from?If it's not an Apple Charger, then that's most likely your problem, as your model may not be supported, or it could just generally be dodgey.If it is official, then it may be faulty? I dont think it would be your battery, but that could be a symptom.