Rant

Theme Park bloke

Ok.. now this rant is going to have some swearing in it. Now normally I do not swear so I apologize to everyone, however this has pissed me off so much and as I have no power to say it in anywhere influential, TPM will have to do.The Tube strikes.You have no idea how much those selfish bastards piss me off. I don't care if you want a 5% pay rise. I don't care if you want your redundancy to be out of choice. You don't hold London to a complete and utter standstill because you greedy ****ers want more money. You are costing London £100 million for the next 48 hours because you take your own concerns above others. Some mums and dads rarely see their kids. They have to leave earlier tomorrow to stand any chance of getting to work, meaning they miss on personal time at home. You are causing un-necessary stress.If I protested at work I'd get fired, many people have been made redundant, I don't see them holding up everyone else's day like you ****s are.GRRR.And relax.

Lmao nicely said Mark :)Its true though! They are affecting thousands of people which is just gonna mean complete chaos all over london- hurrendous traffic jams, people late for work, overground trains will be extra busy and its just gonna be a hell of a lot harder getting around to places! Even I myself might have to cancel a planned thursday outing cause of this. Dunno if anyone watched the 6:00 news but it was obvious that Mr Boris Johnston felt stronly about this himself, which is good to see. Stuff like this can't keep happening and as Mark says at least they got a bloody job. No offence to anyone here who may have a parent as a tube driver :P

I totally agree with you Mark. Now, I'm a platform assistant for a train company on a very very busy mainline route into London, I'm dreading the reaction I'm going to get from customers tomorrow just because the tube drivers think bringing the capital city to a standstill is going to get them slightly more cash in their pocket. I take it the people going on strike have totally forgotten that its not only going to cost TfL millions but its also going to cost sooo many businesses in lost revenue and staff that are unable to get to work. TfL are planning on putting 800 more buses in service tomorrow in London to help with it. London is already gridlocked enough with buses so using buses to get around London is going to be an extremely difficult task. I really wouldn't recommend travelling tomorrow if anyone is planning on going to Thorpe or anything.

Ok.. now this rant is going to have some swearing in it. Now normally I do not swear so I apologize to everyone, however this has pissed me off so much and as I have no power to say it in anywhere influential, TPM will have to do.The Tube strikes.You have no idea how much those selfish bastards piss me off. I don't care if you want a 5% pay rise. I don't care if you want your redundancy to be out of choice. You don't hold London to a complete and utter standstill because you greedy ****ers want more money. You are costing London £100 million for the next 48 hours because you take your own concerns above others. Some mums and dads rarely see their kids. They have to leave earlier tomorrow to stand any chance of getting to work, meaning they miss on personal time at home. You are causing un-necessary stress.If I protested at work I'd get fired, many people have been made redundant, I don't see them holding up everyone else's day like you ****s are.GRRR.And relax.

It is amazing what a Mania Admin can get away with saying, But 100% true what you say Mark!!! Why cost London Underground Millions for a 48 hour strike for a small increase?Bazar!A song comes into mind: London Underground. And how true the words are! :)

It's gonna cost more than just London Underground... I mean this is the current status of what is effectively the backbone of London:Bakerloo SuspendedCentral Severe delaysCircle SuspendedDistrict Severe delaysH'Smith & City SuspendedJubilee Part suspendedMetropolitan SuspendedNorthern Good service Piccadilly Part suspendedVictoria Part suspendedWaterloo & City Suspended Wonderful.

Also, forgot to say...At least the tube staff are not facing redundancy!While everyone else is struggling, they want a pay rise!In most jobs, you signed up for the pay you get and if you don't like it **** off somewhere else!At the moment, that is the type of attitude business people need just to try and get by.e.g. Theme Park Staff.As you have probably gathered, I really want to work at Chessington & Zoo; But I am not going to ask mid-season for a pay rise as it will be wrong as I would have only been there half a season compared to other workers who have been there for much longer. Also, It would be wrong in current circumstances. And finally, I would get the sack! Someone have the common sense on London Underground to say "If you don't like it, ***k off!So much for coming on TPM to relax after too much revision for my G.C.S.E's :):)

It's gonna cost more than just London Underground... I mean this is the current status of what is effectively the backbone of London:Bakerloo SuspendedCentral Severe delaysCircle SuspendedDistrict Severe delaysH'Smith & City SuspendedJubilee Part suspendedMetropolitan SuspendedNorthern Good service Piccadilly Part suspendedVictoria Part suspendedWaterloo & City Suspended Wonderful.

Lmao love the way the Northern Line is good service in contrast with everything else, you know it James its the best line out there! xD

I feel sympathy towards them and I wish they were getting paid more - at the end of the day a job's a job and ALL work is honourable, even prostitution. xD

But why cause people all the fuss of suspended lines and cost London Underground millions?Fine a job is a job. If you sign up for a job with a set pay. You agree to that in a contract and then get paid what you sign for. You can't really complain about it.again... e.g. Theme park workers.There will always be people that want to work at a theme park. So if they only take a bit of training and then work but removing someone else of their jobs as they did not like the pay. They would not care as you have someone who is prepared to work for the pay!It is the same with any job, just that I have refered it to Theme Park Work.(If I am a bit wrong, then sorry as I have only just left Y11 going into college and hopefully CWOA & ZOO will be my first job. so not 100% on some things. e.g. Contract). Thanks :)

I feel sympathy towards them and I wish they were getting paid more - at the end of the day a job's a job and ALL work is honourable, even prostitution. xD

We all wish we were paid a bit more Will, I'd love to be able to buy my 4 bedroom house with a jacuzzi and swimming pool, tennis court in the back and three running horses for the derby but I'm not encouraging all my work friends to strike with me for it. I'm also not holding the entirety of London up in the sake of selfishness and this is the real bug bear of it all. Striking is causing misery to a hell of a lot of people, the whole point of the tube is to ease congestion on the roads and move people around quickly. Now instead you either have to travel on the awful buses, walk or risk getting knocked over by the buses on bicycle(now that there are 800 more out today those odds are hugely increased). That's if you can even get around because the buses that are on the road will be packed out more then they normally are.Bloody... :)

We all wish we were paid a bit more Will, I'd love to be able to buy my 4 bedroom house with a jacuzzi and swimming pool, tennis court in the back and three running horses for the derby but I'm not encouraging all my work friends to strike with me for it. I'm also not holding the entirety of London up in the sake of selfishness and this is the real bug bear of it all. Striking is causing misery to a hell of a lot of people, the whole point of the tube is to ease congestion on the roads and move people around quickly. Now instead you either have to travel on the awful buses, walk or risk getting knocked over by the buses on bicycle(now that there are 800 more out today those odds are hugely increased). That's if you can even get around because the buses that are on the road will be packed out more then they normally are.Bloody... :)

What gets me about the whole tube strike (even though it's now over) is that millions of people across the country face redundancy, with many hundreds of thousands who have already lost their jobs. And these guys, most of whom get paid more than teachers (as an example) want a bloody pay rise. They should be greatful for the jobs they've got, and quite frankly after the way they screwed London over they should be fired! There's plenty of un-emplyed out there who would gladly take the jobs I'm sure. And no offence any tube workers, but teachers do a far more admirable and difficult job than you!The whole country/ world is just greedy. Nothing's ever enough, and money seems to be everything. That's why we're in the mess we're in, and unless people change there attitudes we'll be headed for another recession pretty damn soon. You've only got to look at the way these speculators are sending the price of oil through the roof (and the consequent massive rise in petrol) to see that we're pretty bloody buggered again in the very near future. And it's all because of the greed of a few; much like those lovely tube workers... :)

The problem is, there is this lecturer and he said next Wednesday will be his last day (he don't work Thurs/Fri) - he hasn't marked some Distinction (A-grade) work that I gave him 2 months ago for previous units / assigments and he hasn't even begun to work our newest unit.He has three different classes that have unmarked work - it's impossible for him to mark work for 3 different classes on Monday and to give the referrals (work that have problems have to be referred for corrections to be made), especially when some pieces of work take him 1 hour to mark.The reason why he's behind is because he has another job which according to him is more important than us - he works as an verifier who makes sure that the standard that work / assignments are at, is acceptable.We are being signed off next week and if he doesn't mark the work by Monday, we will have failed a whole year. I have been working many nights until 2/3am in the morning, with last Monday, I woke up at 7am, went to college, got home at 6pm and worked until 3am with no break apart from dinner 15 minutes. The again, 90% of the class aren't aiming for distinctions - only me and 4 other people are.When we tried to explain to him, he shouted at me and said that the year 2's are more important because they're going to uni. According to our tutor, he will 100% WON'T be able to mark all the work for the 3 classes on Monday for Tues, so some people in the classes will be failing. We will have to pester him first thing Monday morning and to make sure that we are the first to have our work marked.

:) I am so fuc**** depressed when it comes to exams. It is unreal!I started my G.C.S.E. exams on 13th May and they are still going on until 18th June :PI AM SICK OF IT! I am sick of not being able to have a life during this. And as soon as I go out I think s**t, I have got to revise this for then etc.On top of that, attending revision sessions as well as having to do the usual s**t on top of that! :)I have not even been able to think about Chessington & Zoo which just never happens! :(Someone help me! I am losing the will to live! :( (Although, I have not done all these exams to comit suicide which I would never do! Omg, I have 2 more G.C.S.E. exams left! A nice short Science Structured for 30 mins (which is nice as my others are usually 2 hours! and I have Food Technology Paper 2 for 1 hour 45 mins.

:) I am so fuc**** depressed when it comes to exams. It is unreal!I started my G.C.S.E. exams on 13th May and they are still going on until 18th June :(I AM SICK OF IT! I am sick of not being able to have a life during this. And as soon as I go out I think s**t, I have got to revise this for then etc.On top of that, attending revision sessions as well as having to do the usual s**t on top of that! :)I have not even been able to think about Chessington & Zoo which just never happens! :(Someone help me! I am losing the will to live! :( (Although, I have not done all these exams to comit suicide which I would never do! Omg, I have 2 more G.C.S.E. exams left! A nice short Science Structured for 30 mins (which is nice as my others are usually 2 hours! and I have Food Technology Paper 2 for 1 hour 45 mins.

I feel your pain. Exams are awfulI had 4 A level exams back to back yesterday. That was 7, yes 7 hours of exams with a 10 minute break between. :/

I feel your pain. Exams are awfulI had 4 A level exams back to back yesterday. That was 7, yes 7 hours of exams with a 10 minute break between. :/

I am really not looking foward to A levels!I wish I could skip them and go straight to Uni! :DThen again, when I am in College, I will be applying for a job at Chessington & Zoo which I will hopefully get!Plus, have socials with mates etc. - Alcohol :) Omg, I sound like an alcoholic! :( Also, I can learn to drive and get EMA.Also, been told today that as I want to be a teacher, I can help out when I have frees (when I want to) to help out as a teaching assistant which should look great on my CV.Ok, after thinking about it. College should not be bad after all. (outside of it!) and minus work and exams! :)

Dunno what your all moaning about, when you leave school and get into the real world you see that GCSE's are a piece of piss.

James, you are only 17! You are making yourself sound old babe saying that! :DWell of course we are going to moan as...1. This is the Rant topic! :) 2. We have to do it and I would rather be teaching than finishing G.C.S.E's / Starting College.Then again, working sounds quite fun if at Chessington! :(:) Plus, I will be getting paid to go somewhere I love!

I was looking on random people's Facebook pages from my school, and one of the orange slags pops up. Her status was along the lines of 'girls chatten bout my business'. It's sad they actually think people give a crap what goes on in their lives. They're so up themselves it's unbelieveable. but what would I know, I'm just a nerd according to them :P

I was looking on random people's Facebook pages from my school, and one of the orange slags pops up. Her status was along the lines of 'girls chatten bout my business'. It's sad they actually think people give a crap what goes on in their lives. They're so up themselves it's unbelieveable. but what would I know, I'm just a nerd according to them :P

It's been proven they're actually scared to be who they really are, they prefer to cover up the nothingness that's left inside of them after bullying people for years on end.You win either way, you're better looking.

I am really not looking foward to A levels!I wish I could skip them and go straight to Uni! :PThen again, when I am in College, I will be applying for a job at Chessington & Zoo which I will hopefully get!Plus, have socials with mates etc. - Alcohol :P Omg, I sound like an alcoholic! :D Also, I can learn to drive and get EMA.Also, been told today that as I want to be a teacher, I can help out when I have frees (when I want to) to help out as a teaching assistant which should look great on my CV.Ok, after thinking about it. College should not be bad after all. (outside of it!) and minus work and exams! :D

College certainly had (yay, I can say HAD now!) its' good points. The social aspect, and yes the alcoholic aspects to name but a few! But in all honesty it's just a continuation of school and all of these extra good aspects kind of get forgotten about when you're sat in a boring hour long lesson... Make the most of it though is what I reckon, the good points that is :DAnd enjoy working at CWoA! I hope to apply to Thorpe for next season once I'm back from my fridge walk (gap year project)