Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Either immelmann or dive but the thing is that having two big inversions one after the other is a bit cramped. The dive loop is very small from the loads of pics I've seen and first-hand view on Samurai. They could have honestly built some of the coaster around the queueline otherside. The coaster is not about the thrillness of the track because the track is quite short but what this coaster is about, is the the themeing and Thorpe's attempt to create a dark-section. I can see them succeeding.

The previous '4th inversion' was actually the 3rd in the original layout, it was an Overbanked Turn, which was the element after and before two sets a MCBR's. After Thorpe revised the layout, the first MCBR was replaced with the Air-Time Hill, and the Overbanked Turn was replaced by the upper-banked curve which leads onto the existing MCBR after exiting the Air-Time Hill.The track could actually have been feasible if Thorpe replaced the original layout's first MCBR with an Air-Time Hill that went over the second set, with an Overbanked Turn inbetween. So after the Overbanked Turn the car would go onto the 'second' MCBR and into the Dive Loop.

Although it is being considered as 3 inversions, some might feel it as 4 becuase of the Immelmann turn, which could feel like your being inverted, in some cases.Also, just for conformation.Nemesis: Just over 95ftColossus: Just over 98ftDetonator: 115ft (100ft drop before the breaks)Slammer: 105ft (at the end of the rows)SAW: Just around 100ft (give or take the odd inch)(Also, for who said it, SAW looks bigger than Detonator because Detonator is further away. Just like Nemesis and Stealth look similar heights from Samurai. It is just a bit of an illusion).

Ive got a feeling that all this theming isnt going to be working a year after it's installed. I mean look at all the other theming around the park, Colossus fountain works once in a blue moon. Then there's Inferno's Water Jets under the loop, (okay it's working now). Anyone remember when Inferno's volcano used to smoke? ;

Ive got a feeling that all this theming isnt going to be working a year after it's installed. I mean look at all the other theming around the park, Colossus fountain works once in a blue moon. Then there's Inferno's Water Jets under the loop, (okay it's working now). Anyone remember when Inferno's volcano used to smoke? ;

All those do still work, in fact Inferno Smoke is working now in the evening; so all of those effects do work but they do need to be turned on. Credit given where credit is due, they have bothered with it this year.

All those do still work, in fact Inferno Smoke is working now in the evening; so all of those effects do work but they do need to be turned on. Credit given where credit is due, they have bothered with it this year.

Thats my point, its all fine them working but whats the oint if they are turned off.

I just feel that is the proof that Thorpe have decided to get rid of the themed areas. This fits in nowhere. It's just plonked there and I have a feeling that the SAW theming came in after the plans we saw. The first plans we saw were very saw mill and western almost what with the windmill but windmills and saw mills (ironically) don't actually fit into the SAW theme.

Sorry I keep posting but this is an important point, does anybody think they might re-theme the Canada Creek area into a movie themed area? So perhaps they'll name the other rides in area after famous films and add appropriate theming! That would be really cool if they did, they could have their own Universal Studios style area in the park. :):P

No, when they built Stealth, Amity Speedway was added which is a racing track in Amity Cove. Amity Cove is still there, if it was rethemed it would have had everything ripped out and been made Teacups Land or something. You may have possibly have got your definitions of rethemed and expanded mixed up? :)

Probably not, Canada Creek doesn't really have a storyline like Amity Cove. It's just a small Canadian village. Whether they would eventually expand the Saw theme to start creeping into other rides like Loggers is a different story. It would be cool for them to do that though IMO, Jigsaw in the Loggers tunnel could be amusing.