Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Well, if it's a coincidence it's a pretty big one!I mean, they could have picked any name. Project Ellie for example! :PLot's of names in the world and they just happened to pick one that ties into the films... I want to wait a little further until I decide on my opinion... this might be explained by any later videos?Just and idea...Edit:Ooops, ima keep my hands off keyboard on this subject then :P

What Thorpe did is very cunning, might I say so. They have got the backing of a major movie company and now Lionsgate are linked to the coaster, they can't afford for things to flop, so its very likely that Lionsgate will spend MILLIONS on themeing. Very likely that the budget for themeing is much higher than previously expected and will go out more with the themeing. They've got to spend money on themeing this coaster well because the results affect them too. Candy is very experienced in working with rides and themeing and Lionsgate-SAW themeing is top-notch, so expect this coaster to be one of the best themed coasters in the UK.The success of this coaster will generate more money for both companies. Fans of saw will go to Thorpe and ride this coaster, which may mean that we will get more US and over-seas guests and fans of Thorpe, might be tempted to see the films. Thorpe fans will ride the coaster regardless, as they are there for the ride and the thrill.*If Thorpe didn't collaborate with Lionsgate, the overall themeing might not be that high due to the financial constraints. Lionsgate are a movie compay with money, so they can afford to spend.Does anyone know how long this contract lasts? I hope for a decade :P

Edited by Will

Lionsgate should spend a lot of money on the theming. Does anyone think, that with enough money spent on theming and concentration on detail, this ride's theming could compete with something like Disney's rides> Obviously not as good or better, but still of a very, very good class.

I think there is a very high chance, yeah. Actual pieces from the film are going to be used around the ride, so that should add some real authenticity to it all. I'm confident they're going to set a high standard, at least be on par with some of Alton's new stuff (Mutiny Bay, etc).

You say that, but people keep going on about it when we know for a fact that it has no association, so therefore someone can end the topic of the project name.

ACSHALLY>< ... we can call it whatever we want.. and you ending it doesnt mean its ended- rendering it POINTLESS... lets refer it to project Val. it sounds soo much better.

I don't know why I even bother. Especially seeing as this is the official fansite. Thorpe do have some level of communication with members on here and Dylan is an unassociated name. That is all that needs to be said on the matter, we don't need a discussion on what theories about its name choice are, it's a waste of everyones time.Feel free to call it whatever you want but people have been calling it Project Dylan because it was the official project name, not because they felt like it.

If this gets any worse ima go rehab :P 1) Project Dylan is just a temporary random name, all theme parks use project names so they can built the ride without everybody knowing2) Dylan is just a random name and has nothing to do with this ride and the fact that Dylan happens to be a minor character, is a coincidence. If Dylan was a major name, then maybe. If the name was Project Jigsaw then obv but Dylan is un-related.3) End means the end because the admins and senior members say so4) ACTUALLY

Exactly. Who gives you the right to end anything! Its basic human rights.

Hmm, what gives me the right? Well let me think. Oh yes, I own this site, so I'm kinda of a big deal around here, and what I says, kinda goes. I'm the admin, and I've said enough is enough on this particular discussion.

ACSHALLY>< ... we can call it whatever we want.. and you ending it doesnt mean its ended- rendering it POINTLESS... lets refer it to project Val. it sounds soo much better.

You can call it what ever you want. But of course you'll sound like a complete idiot. Mission accomplished.

the fact that the character dylan has no real story provides the opportunity to create one.just because they say so doesn't mean its true.

Just because they say so doesn't make it true? OMFG we've got a conspiracy theory here guys! Serious thought here, shut up. Yes this post is rude an obnoxious, but when I've asked kindly, 5 times, I'm kinda at the end of my patience.Note: Any mention of the name "Dylan" again, after we've discussed it to death, and already clarified that it was meaningless name, will be banned.

Moving on.People keep on mentioning that Lionsgate are spending all this money on the attraction. Is that actually true? I don't see this as a sponsorship, but if the film studio is pumping in money, then doesn't that kind of make it one?Do Thorpe have to pay to have the Saw brand associated with the ride, or was a deal made?So many questions!My theory is that Merlin Studios/ Lionsgate come up with concepts for scenery and effects, then they would be produced by the film studio, and then you've got the usual signs and saftey restriction boards being done by Merlin Studios North. Seems like they have a good team of people on the project, especially with Wardley's theatre and film experience.

My theory is similar to yours Mike:1) They pay for Lionsgate for brand-association and Lionsgate work on themeingor 2) What you basically said but instead: a) Candy and her team work on themeing WITH Lionsgate:P Lionsgate do special effects and come up with concepts WITH Candy & Co

Edited by Will