Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

I too, wish the 'the ride' bit will be only temporary...on the minisite that was created, it says how there is 151 days to go...It will open when the parks new season will *duh!!* oooo, I cant wait!!!I see projections of jigsaw on the walls of the 30% indoors bit.. as you go around, and a bed of nails on the first minidrop. ooo, and the queue line going through a grotty bathroomI for one cannot wait!!!and the idea of using real piece from the set is also cool, I really want to see how grimy, grotty and gorey thorpe can make this.

Wheres the mini site????

Do you guys reckon the station music will be Saw theme tune???, and what would be a good idea is when u pull out of the station and go down that sudden drop and then swoop back up again and hit some brakes,I reckon the brakes should stop and a TV infront of you should turn on and the puppet should come on like "I want to play a game..." That would make it seem very real.what you guys think?

I'd agree that Thorpe are playing with fire by separating themselves so much from the family market but hey, let's see what happens!A few thoughts on theme, screenshots of the "clues" on the official website and general chatter about SAW The Ride are on my blog, please feel free to take a look guys, you're the audience I'm aiming at after all :)http://blog.play-and-stay.co.uk/2008/10/sa...parks-new-ride/

I want the tvs in the queues to not be high tech plasmas, but old, grotty, PC-type monitors...but I think that they will say: "Let the game begin" also, maybe X type brakes, where they shudder forward...and at the end, as you turn back into the station, a final "Game over"I really want projections of dylan (character) and jigsaw all over the place with strobe lights and subtle mist.oh my gosh...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhart_familythere is a son called Dylan...is this a joke [after all, its wiki] who has seen the films, is it true?Why didn't we see it before!

*shudders with fear...then smiles and realises how awesome this all is*

Gerstlauer & an external engineering company are putting up the ride, not Thorpe. Basically what you mean is did B&M & Intamin take as long as Gerstlauer to put their track up?

Well...yeah. :P

I've only just realised how tight the Dive Loop actually is!

Is the dive loop the one in the middle of the picture or the loop after the drop from the tower?

I agree, black brown and silver! To make it, dare I say, E-GY?

You've just described Slammer's colours.

DO you think they will have a pre show room, highlighting the story before you ride it, Hocus Pocus style?

Hmm, I'm not so sure about a pre-show room but warning signs may go up. I'm sure we've all seen the large black sign as you enter X Sector at Alton Towers. If you've never bothered to read that, have a read, it makes interesting reading and makes you wonder if they're serious. The sign I am talking about can be seen in this picture, to the right and left as you enter.

Lawrence Wells (who has a very reliable source of information) is from TPG, and someone from THORPE PARK's Behind the Loops Competition, told him that Samurai would be sent back to Mondial in Holland at the end of the season, to be re-furbished aswell as re-themed into Canada Creek. It is likely that it will be given a new name, and there is speculation of it operating on a faster setting when it comes back. Although no-one has confirmed this due to the Top-Scan being a fair-ground ride and so was not manufactured for constant everyday use. I really hope that Mondial are able to tweak the systems and controls of Samurai to make it withstand the wear-and-tear of everyday use on a faster cycle.*fingers crossed... again*

So what happens here, does Mondial come to Thorpe Park and pick it up and transport it using themeselves?

Samurai re-theme is just a rumour, and always has been. The only people who know are the park themselves I'm afraid!

You'll be surprised at what they don't know. One told me earlier this year that the coaster will dive underneath Loggers - I think not.

This ride is no where near testing yet, not for a good couple of months yet!

The electrics and ride's operating system are close to going in once the station is a bit more completed.

Still, for those that thought Buzzsaw was a good choice of name, Saw is basically that.. :P

Thankyou.As for the name, well Saw is brilliant but I don't like the way it's kinda linked upto movies. Oh well.

I want the tvs in the queues to not be high tech plasmas, but old, grotty, PC-type monitors...but I think that they will say: "Let the game begin" also, maybe X type brakes, where they shudder forward...and at the end, as you turn back into the station, a final "Game over"I really want projections of dylan (character) and jigsaw all over the place with strobe lights and subtle mist.oh my gosh...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhart_familythere is a son called Dylan...is this a joke [after all, its wiki] who has seen the films, is it true?Why didn't we see it before!

Hmm, I've never seen any of the Saw films but if that's actually true, then like, haha, Thorpe Park did well to disguise the name Saw with Dylan and anyone could've worked it out.

Is the dive loop the one in the middle of the picture or the loop after the drop from the tower?So what happens here, does Mondial come to Thorpe Park and pick it up and transport it using themeselves?

Middle of the picture, the 'loop' after the Drop is the Immelman Loop.And I'm guessing that Mondial will pick Samruai up after its been dis-asembled.

Is there no way that Tussauds Studios (or whatever they call themselves these days...) could have completed the work on Samurai or does it need to go back to the manufacturer so everything is safe and everything?And the theme of Saw looks excellent, like has been said before, they REALLY need to use the Saw films as a basis for ALL the theming and the legendary line in Saw of "Game Over." must be used. Also the trademark screens that Jigsaw uses to tell his victims of their challenge will hopefully be used and I can imagine if they pull this off, its not only going to be the best themed ride in the UK, but if the ride has a good "kick" to it too, overall, the best coaster in the UK. I'm so looking forward to it next year, opening day is a must!

Is there no way that Tussauds Studios (or whatever they call themselves these days...) could have completed the work on Samurai or does it need to go back to the manufacturer so everything is safe and everything?

Tussauds Studios don't do ride maintenence, they produce ride soundtracks, make theming and make waxworks for the attractions. Theres Studios North in Alton and then one down the road from Chessington at Silverglades or whatever that industrial estate is called, and probably some more.Samurai would go back to Mondial in Holland for its retheme / repairs and what not.

Tussauds Studios don't do ride maintenence, they produce ride soundtracks, make theming and make waxworks for the attractions. Theres Studios North in Alton and then one down the road from Chessington at Silverglades or whatever that industrial estate is called, and probably some more.Samurai would go back to Mondial in Holland for its retheme / repairs and what not.

Ohh okay. Thanks very much for that, just that I had seen that they have made some theming parts and wondered if this would be possible to place onto the ride etc. So, for the new coaster next year, will it be Tussauds Studios along with Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures that help make the set pieces and so on for the station and general area because I think with the asistance of these great companies, the effects and theming will be world class.

I dont like the " - The ride" bit after "SAW", it sounds really Universal studios/SixFlagsI think SAW is goood enough

Yeah, I agree.

As said on SP, the name was not mean to be relative to the project, it really was random.

Bah, what do they know? If they believe that, then it might as well be laid at Thorpe's feet with other project codenames. Yes, it was a coincidence Stealth ended up the same as it's codename, and that how Nemmie was Calypso - in Calypso Quay! Southparks will forever live in a dreamworld, they really make laugh.

Theres Studios North in Alton and then one down the road from Chessington at Silverglades or whatever that industrial estate is called, and probably some more.

Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd, Unit 5-6 Silverglade Business Park, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, KT9 2QL.If you look on a lot of merchandise, especially cups, it has "2008 Merlin Entertainments, KT9 2QL" which is that address. Or sometimes it has Merlin's head office postcode which is BH15 1NQ.

Bah, what do they know? If they believe that, then it might as well be laid at Thorpe's feet with other project codenames. Yes, it was a coincidence Stealth ended up the same as it's codename, and that how Nemmie was Calypso - in Calypso Quay! Southparks will forever live in a dreamworld, they really make laugh.

Not a coincidence actually-the name was getting used alot around the park, they tested other ride names but stealth just stuck. (According to behind the loops anyway)As for this Dylan business. It has nothing to do with Saw. It has nothing to do with the rides plot as far as we know. It is not connected to the ride as far as know.What we were told was mildly humerous at best. It's nothing hugely important. I'll wait till Laurence Wells comes back but personally I think the joke has gone way too far now. I don't remember anyone saying anything about Calypso like you've mentioned.