Rodeo

I agree that I think it should come back as Chessington still is a family park like Alton Towers, I mean at the moment there are still some thrilling rides for the more braver people like Rameses for example. Its not a hardcore young family park like Legoland lets say. So I doubt that Rodeo making a comeback would be sending out a wrong message. I think of Chessington as having a great variety of rides from the very young, to the medium thrill. I mean Rodeo is hardly a very intense ride now is it.

As I constantly say, chessington changed their marketing view and the idea of the park last year or end of 07 to a more universal catering theme park. Not that it has been shown much, apart from the dumping of all the childrens advertising such as "under 12s go free", "98% of rides suitable for children under 12" and crap.

I agree this ride making a come back would not be a step in the wrong direction. I mean just because a ride is removed does not mean it was because of low popularity and will not come back E.G. Flying Fish.Perhaps Rodeo could come back with a new restraint system that would mean peopl over 1.2m can ride making it that bit more family friendly.

Rodeo always reminded me of a fairground ride instead of a theme park. I think it is good that it has gone but that is me.

If you are saying this about Rodeo being a fairground ride then what about the other rides. I mean for example dodgems,whizzer,rameses,peeking, griffins etc can all be found on fun fair circuits. The only rides at any theme park that wont be found on the back of a lorry following a caravan are the main rides. By main rides I mean rollercoasters,Water rides and indoor themed rides.

• 1 month later...

I'm here to make the first emotional post (lol)Rodeo was fantastic. I first rode it August 1999 and it instantly became a favourite. Dynamo and Breakdance No.1 were/are far better but Rodeo was always a special ride for me. Alex, me and several others got the last ride on it in 2004 and it's a ride I really miss. What really annoyed me about its removal is the way it wasn't really removed for ages, just left to rot on site and behind Mexciana. A bad end to one of Chessington's original rides. And one of the best rides it ever had. 2004 may have seen the addition of one of the UK's best rollercoasters but it also saw the removal of one of its best rides. :P

• 5 months later...

Once again, Good ol' Wikipedia ;)

The "Rodeo" spinning ride closed at the end of the 2004 season, but was left SBNO (standing but not operating) until 2007 when most of the ride was removed. However, the model cowboy holding a lasso and the foundations from the ride's base can still be seen from the top of the nearby Runaway Train roller coaster, with all ride foundations, queue line and control box still in good condition. Originally located in 'Circus Land', under the name of 'The Juggler',

Is it true you can still see the queline and control box or that they are even still up?

Once again, Good ol' Wikipedia :)Is it true you can still see the queline and control box or that they are even still up?

You can see the control box from the Runaway Train, yes!I am unsure on the queue line though. I would imagine that is still there too.Look carefully when you are on Runaway Train next time, and you might be able to see it! ;)