Animated films

Theme Park bloke

We all like films - and for most of us, we all have a favourite film.For me it is The Lion King. OK, so there have been better films since it was made, and 3D rendering etc on films has come a long way, but The Lion King is one classic that stands out. I've never always liked it, only since about 2002 did I watch it for the first time. And in 2005 I saw the stage production at the Lyceum Theatre in London, and again earlier this year. And I have to say, if you like the Disney version, you'll love the Lyceum theatre version. OK, so the original film doesn't feature people acting out the animals, but if you'll see you'll be amazed - and moved.So there's other classic animated films, but The Lion King is probably one of the best - remember how it was so talked about when it was released? Even video games were made for it.So which is your favourite animated film?

I am going to horrify you all here by announcing that I've never seen the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, Bambi and a whole range of other Disney films :P

I asure you you're not missing much by not seeing Bambi. With the exception of Fantasia, that is the worst disney film I've seenSeriously though, you must see the Lion king even if it's just once. It's a disney master peece.

• 1 month later...
DisneyThe Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland Stop MotionWallace and Gromit short films, Chicken Run, The Nightmare Before ChristmasCGI/Pixar/DreamworksI tend to like CGI less than traditional and stop-motionCorpse Bride, Flushed Away, Toy Story, Monsters IncRandom OthersAnastasia, Final Fantasy Advent Children

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wasn't a great fan of animated films, until I got BluRay ... I now have quite a few and they are all awesome.Monsters Inc, Bolt, Wall-E, Ratatouille and Pinnochio. Obviously Pinnochio is 60 odd years old, so the picture is great but the sound is not.These films really show High Definition for all it can offer. :P