Thorpe Park trip plans

^^I'll take it you haven't been before or in a while (otherwise you wouldn't have asked that!)obv.here goes....-Get there about 30 mins before opening. If you have an annual pass, go to the AP Q line. If you dont have one, I strongly suggest you print your tickets off online so you can just get there and join the normal entrance queue.Also, the queues wont be as big as they would be, say, 15 mins before opening. (they usually go out into the car park by 9:15)-Go to Saw first. If you have managed to get a decent spot in the entrance queue, you will stand a chance of getting a Saw queue under half an hour. If you bomb it, then you will be lucky to get one under 10 mins or even a walk-on (which I have succeeded in doing!! :P )-If you like thrill rides (I presume you do) then do the big 4 first (Saw, Colossus(usually fit in about 2 rides before it gets busy), Nemesis and Stealth)-The shortest Q times-Opening-10am12-1pm5pm-Closing-The longest Q times-10am-12pm1pm-4pmTo give you an example of a day out, here is a sequence of rides which I follow by:-Saw-Colossus (do it twice if the Q's are under 10 mins)-Stealth (you can fit about 2-3 rides before it gets busy)-Nemesis (usually walk-ons, you can fit about 4-5 goes on this)-Detonator-Rush-Loggers Leap-Slammer-X:/No way out-Zodiac-Vortex-LUNCH-Tidal Wave-Quantum-Samurai-Slammer-Then, whatever you want until closing. You kind of get the jist of what rides get busy and what dont throughout the day, but keep looking on the info boards to check Q times. If you find a once in a lifetime chance (e.g. Its 2pm and Saw is 10 mins long), then take it. Especially if you blew it earlier on.Oh yeah-have a great day!! :P Hope that helped :P

I only started doing Stealth first the time before last, and it was the best decision I'd made in a very long time. 6 re-rides without having to return through the queue-line! (4 of which were front-row).And, we were the first and only two people on the first Stealth train for that day!

• 2 weeks later...

Have fun :)I have recently discovered the cheap weekend train fares, so I now use this as my main transport to Thorpe Park (And Chessington). It's great, because before, my dad took me, so that meant I could only go during a school holiday mid-week. Now I could go every weekend if I wanted to!

Ok, so now I am going :| lol, this is getting annoying.I just have a question to ask, there's 4 of us going and I have '2 4 1' vouchers. However, one of my friends has a pass...will I be able to use a '2 4 1' voucher with her, even though she has a pass. I have a friend who works at the park and did ask them but they've not replied so I just wondered if any of you knew.Thanks a lot in advance ;)

You won't be able to no, you can only use the two for one if all 4 of you are buying tickets on the day. What you could do, is just take one "2 4 1" ticket, and then the third person pays the full price. (So in total you spend £66). And then just split the £66 between the three of you and it will work out to £22 each. Yes it's a little bit more, but only £5.50 in fact.

Ok thanks for that, the £33 twice sounds alright to me. So if 2 of my friends go through with the voucher, they'd pay £17.50...if I went through with the AP holder, I'd still have to pay £22.50?...I'm a bit confused sorry. Is it just easier to get 4 people without a pass? And let the AP holder through on their own.

Basically, this is what you do. Two of your friends go to a ticket booth with a 2 for 1 voucher, and they both get tickets for £35. Then, you go on your own, and buy a full priced ticket for £35. In total, you have spent £70 between you. Split this £70 between 3 of you, and you end up paying £23.33 each. (Sorry about the £33, I had my mind stuck at Chessington's prices).