Rumba Rapids

Ash

Theming comes under another budget, and anything can be put under the special budgets. It's literally a case of whether the directors care enough to bother. Someone just needs to put a case study to them, how it'd improve stuff and all that to justify the expenditure and woo, done.

• 1 month later...

Still very lacking with effects. The water over the tunnel entrance still not working. The sprinklers before the conveyor were on today and also noticed a new sprinkler on the turntable just next to the exit steps which was squirting the boats as they were joining the station turntable however this sadly stopped by the afternoon. (You can see the tap and sprinkler if you look right just before going up the exit steps)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of Rumba inside this Fright Nights?Ive been told that there is a statue in the tunnel, which resembles a pig man from saw. I would like to know what this may look like :PAlso have they turned any of the effects on, because I really think it is a shame if they haven't they made the ride more enjoyable, and wet :P Thanks Guys

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of Rumba inside this Fright Nights?Ive been told that there is a statue in the tunnel, which resembles a pig man from saw. I would like to know what this may look like :PAlso have they turned any of the effects on, because I really think it is a shame if they haven't they made the ride more enjoyable, and wet :P Thanks Guys

my friends said they saw a pig, but when I went we didnt see anything that looks like a pig.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been to Thorpe Park today. Was really disappointed in the state that Rumba Rapids is in. Even the paint work is awful! (What’s left of it anyway!)Rumba desperately needs attention and more than a quick make over. To be honest, it hasn’t been the same since Thunder River. However, I don’t think the park will ever consider this to be important. I see more chance in it being removed that re-themed or altered... Which is a shame! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually thought of this yet, because it has been playing on my mind ages. I know Rumba and Storm Surge are slightly different rides, but they also are quite the same. So do you think, that by the way Thorpe are adding quite a similar ride, this could be a hint to Rumba leaving? If so what would replace it?