Closed Rides

Ash

• 3 weeks later...

Stealth opened at about 13.30 today and was fine until I left.Saw, however must of closed about 5 times in the 5 hours I was there. One time there was an ambulance there and the area closed. Colossus was evacuated from the lifthill after the riders sat there through a really heavy rain shower and was testing when I left

Stealth opened at about 13.30 today and was fine until I left.Saw, however must of closed about 5 times in the 5 hours I was there. One time there was an ambulance there and the area closed. Colossus was evacuated from the lifthill after the riders sat there through a really heavy rain shower and was testing when I left

Sounds like Thorpe is doing very well in these busy summer times.

Why do you critize THORPE PARK for reliabilty its hardly their fault if a ride beraks down and isn't fixable in the forseeable future!

I agree, Thorpe doesn't want their rides to be down, its not their fault that their rides seem to break down alot, I think half of it is the fact that they get so many visitors compared to Chessington so you can't really compare the two, in fact Thorpe is open longer that Chessington so the rides are being used more, hence why there are more breakdowns at Thorpe rarther than at Chessington, anyway Stealth is open again.

To be honest, people exagerate(sp?) how bad Thorpe's reliability is, IMO its not that bad, I only see a ride on the unavailable list once every 1/2 weeks and thats not bad, usually they are up the next day anyway, alot of people on here just have a grudge against Thorpe becuase of what happend the first day of Thrill Chill and the 14th/15th March, give them a second chance the last 4/5 times I have been there has been full ride availability.

To be honest, people exagerate(sp?) how bad Thorpe's reliability is, IMO its not that bad, I only see a ride on the unavailable list once every 1/2 weeks and thats not bad, usually they are up the next day anyway, alot of people on here just have a grudge against Thorpe becuase of what happend the first day of Thrill Chill and the 14th/15th March, give them a second chance the last 4/5 times I have been there has been full ride availability.

Oh no, I completely agree with that. It's just that Thorpe Park has been known to have poor reliability compared to other parks. But yes, it is improving significantly.

I think this years reliablilty for THORPE PARK has increased tbh.Apart from the problems with Stealth and Slammer a few weeks back. There has really been few rides that have been unavailable.Also, When rides are stated as unavailable on the website, I usually always see that someone has wrote..."*Ride* opened later on during the day".or "*Ride* was available all day".

Their reliabilty is no worse than any other park. Its just the ride types they have chosen to have are alreadly known for bad reliabilty. Intamins Accelorators across other parks are just as (or even more) unrealiable. TTD, Ka, Xcelorator, Storm Runner for example. Ka is down right now...S&S rides are never good on the uptime. Power Tower had issues. I know the other Swatter is hardly ever up.Saw has many design faults, not the faults of Thorpe.And to prove the point more. B&M's are known for being realiable. Inferno is rarely ever down for technical issues.

S&S rides are never good on the uptime. Power Tower had issues. I know the other Swatter is hardly ever up.And to prove the point more. B&M's are known for being realiable. Inferno is rarely ever down for technical issues.

Slammer is the only operational Sky Swatter left in the world.