Your Alton Towers

ZC2009

Everyone just pretend Alton Towers is yours to manage. And to prevent arguments, you might have unlimited money, no planning permission needed and unrealistic aspects. Basically, try not to shout at each other because their park is 'unrealistic', that is the point, it's yours. Cheers.I'll post mine later.

inversions on rita,the original broomstick launch coaster for gloomy wood,possibly a woodie in coaster corner?.I would also say an increase in oblivions track to fly over x-sector,make it floorless and include more than 1 inversion(1st vertical drop coaster with 2 or more inversions!).remove submission and replace with possibly a top scan.put a new custom looping coaster in the black hole tent but it flies out into the area behind the ten aswell as inside(possibly even corkscrew mark 2 in the tent like black hole 2 but it can have a catchy slogan like it has returned from the grave,modernised and improved-to theme in with the x sector).put a new prototype coaster(b&m) behind the katanga canyon that is a raging river safari cross with a rollercoaster which leaves limitless airtime hills,swils an the drenching of a lifetime.,move blade to mutiny bay with a pirate theme and add a launch tower which starts underground(possibly a bounce) in forbiddon valley with a theme of a new way to release the beast.this can also lead to spinball being moved to gloomy wood aswell to make it seem faster as you are flying past trees,could be slighly modded so it can go around trees so no demolition is needed.the spinball wizzer area could include the expansion for the black hole(corkscrew mark 2) and some more kiddy rides such as the vekoma I-rde or pandaoras box just as space fillers which apply to the family range.the theme park can be rebranded so the family areas are near the front such as ccl,omf,mb and the adventure land,of course ccl can be relocated or changed if needed but that can act as a family area near older rides.

inversions on rita,the original broomstick launch coaster for gloomy wood,possibly a woodie in coaster corner?.I would also say an increase in oblivions track to fly over x-sector,make it floorless and include more than 1 inversion(1st vertical drop coaster with 2 or more inversions!).remove submission and replace with possibly a top scan.put a new custom looping coaster in the black hole tent but it flies out into the area behind the ten aswell as inside(possibly even corkscrew mark 2 in the tent like black hole 2 but it can have a catchy slogan like it has returned from the grave,modernised and improved-to theme in with the x sector).put a new prototype coaster(b&m) behind the katanga canyon that is a raging river safari cross with a rollercoaster which leaves limitless airtime hills,swils an the drenching of a lifetime.,move blade to mutiny bay with a pirate theme and add a launch tower which starts underground(possibly a bounce) in forbiddon valley with a theme of a new way to release the beast.this can also lead to spinball being moved to gloomy wood aswell to make it seem faster as you are flying past trees,could be slighly modded so it can go around trees so no demolition is needed.the spinball wizzer area could include the expansion for the black hole(corkscrew mark 2) and some more kiddy rides such as the vekoma I-rde or pandaoras box just as space fillers which apply to the family range.the theme park can be rebranded so the family areas are near the front such as ccl,omf,mb and the adventure land,of course ccl can be relocated or changed if needed but that can act as a family area near older rides.

you have alot of ideas there, some good and some very weird but cool. like mark said please us some full stops at least. (catching my breath) :)

I'd just change Rita's trains out for...T-Bar original trains :)Posted ImageThey are soo nice on TTD :) Even though the restraint kinda supports the upper body in that first corner, I'd rather a strong whip like TTD does in the downward roll. I'd get Oblivion back to how it was in the opening years and the same with Nemesis. Air's planned theming would also be installed and I would add light blue spotlights (that move like stage ones) in the tunnel and a rustic paint job to the lift to blend it with nemesis a tad more.Thats it for now!

• 5 months later...

Here is a summary of what I will do over the next 10 years:2011: I would send Charlie & The Chocolate Factory to Chessington making way for a new dark ride simulear to Bubbleworks and It's A Small World.2012: I would publicise the park around the olympics but I would have to end the Imperial Leather contract and replacing with Coca-Cola or a drinks company.2013: I would get ride of Nemesis sending to Chessington and build a new thrill ride like a Rattlesnake coaster but on a much bigger scale.2014: I would make a new mystical/spooky/magic land having rides simulear to those at Chessington (KOBRA, VAMPIRE, RAMESES REVENGE)2015: I would close the Monorail completly replacing it with a hop on, hop off train service.2016: I would say goodbye to most rides this year, Rumba Rapids, Rita, Duel, Air and The Flume building a new Flume and a Coaster based on a movie like SAW The Ride.2017: I will not change any ride this year but I will build new shops, cafe's, parks and replace all benches, street lights and information boards.2018: I would get ride of Thir13een making way for a new Air Powered Coaster reaching speeds of 120mph and heights of 120ft2019: I would re-theme all rides around the park and get ride of all small childrens rides replacing them with rides like Chairswings, Enteprise and other thrill rides.2020: I will finally build the biggest ride any theme park in the UK has ever seen, I would then stand down with pride after what I hope a succesfull carrerPLEASE RATE MY IDEAS.

Here is a summary of what I will do over the next 10 years:2011: I would send Charlie & The Chocolate Factory to Chessington making way for a new dark ride simulear to Bubbleworks and It's A Small World.2012: I would publicise the park around the olympics but I would have to end the Imperial Leather contract and replacing with Coca-Cola or a drinks company.2013: I would get ride of Nemesis sending to Chessington and build a new thrill ride like a Rattlesnake coaster but on a much bigger scale.2014: I would make a new mystical/spooky/magic land having rides simulear to those at Chessington (KOBRA, VAMPIRE, RAMESES REVENGE)2015: I would close the Monorail completly replacing it with a hop on, hop off train service.2016: I would say goodbye to most rides this year, Rumba Rapids, Rita, Duel, Air and The Flume building a new Flume and a Coaster based on a movie like SAW The Ride.2017: I will not change any ride this year but I will build new shops, cafe's, parks and replace all benches, street lights and information boards.2018: I would get ride of Thir13een making way for a new Air Powered Coaster reaching speeds of 120mph and heights of 120ft2019: I would re-theme all rides around the park and get ride of all small childrens rides replacing them with rides like Chairswings, Enteprise and other thrill rides.2020: I will finally build the biggest ride any theme park in the UK has ever seen, I would then stand down with pride after what I hope a succesfull carrerPLEASE RATE MY IDEAS.

They really really do suck. My 6 year old sister could run a theme park better then you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2011: Sort out theming across the park add new theming to some rides, and bring back Room 13 to Scarefest. Add Shrek 4D, with some really good effects.2012: Add a couple of flats to the park. Maybe Topspin, Rodeo and KMG Afterburner. (And I know thorpe and Chessie have those rides but remember Alton is like 3 hours away.) Again fix up theming.2013: Suprise everyone into thinking a new ride was coming when actually its not coming until 2014. Remove Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, making way for a suprise new dark ride in 2015. 2014: Around Duel and along next to Congo Rapids, there will be a new wooden coaster. It will be in a hole like Nemesis so we dont have to worry about height. It will have some fire and smoke effects and will be very well themed to escaping Duel. 2015: The new dark ride will be a walkthrough/wateride/elevator. It will have a queue that stinks of chocolate and then will have a short walkthrough part of the big room with loads of treats and the chocolate waterfall. It will show a big fat fake Augustus falling in. Then it will show the voilet room, with her blowing up. Then the squirrels then the TV room. You will then get on a boat in rows of four, it will show loads of funny room like Bubbleworks, but with a smallish drop splashing the riders. You will then get off and get in the elevator this time the elevator actually drops a tiny bit and jiggles about. Then you exit to his shop where you can buy everlating gobstoppers and treats like that.2016: Nothing really new just a fix up and things. Oh, two new Scarefest mazes. The Human Centipede, which will have you walking theough the crazy mans house and the people jumping out and things. It will be quite disturbing. The maze will be located next to the new wooden coaster. And Dead Christmas. It is basically a Christmas gone wrong with all the present boxs with dead babies and spiders and rats. And dead Santa, who eventally ends up as Satan. The maze will be located in the Blackhole tent. Scarefest has scary people just hanging around the park this year.2017: Sorry cant think of anything else.

So, using my imagination, I'm not going to think about what I think will happen or whatever, just what I'd like to see happen at some point in the future...Make the Monorail stations a little more special. You're going to Alton Towers, it should feel like a big event. I'd keep the resort theme that currently plays but just add a few other tracks to it (obviously In The Hall....) so you've got a good loop going on, plus I'd update the footage that they show along with the TVs.The Queue for the Monorail to the Car Parks... I'd love for the whole queue and station to feel like a big celebration. I'd update the TV's again and have the stock footage playing, but also showing the Hotels and other resort offerings in more detail. A medley of park music, I think would be awesome along with some other tracks... including a very dramatic version of In The Hall... Get some basic lighting in there with some gels inIf money wasn't an option I'd have the walls covered in displays with information about the attractions; almost like a timeline of the park that can be added to and changed around as the park progress.If I'm being honest, I think Alton's entrance plaza is near perfect in terms of layout. The only things I'd change would be subtle cosmetic changes along with bulking out some of the facilities available to guests, such as guest services and the toilet facilities.Toilet facilities, I'd like to see brought into the 21st Century, parkwide. They don't have to be amazingly themed, but subtle decorations, music and a smart appearance would be fantastic.Attractions- wise, well, I agree the park need to increase their offerings on indoor attractions if they wish to open in the colder, winter months; a 4D cinema is a pretty good choice, I think. Though I'm still unsure on the use of an IP, hopefully next year I'll be pleasantly surprised. The park do lack a good selection of flat rides. However, what I wouldn't do is add a ton of them like Thorpe has done. I would think carefully about these additions as they play an important role in theme parks to support the more headline attractions. Unfortunately, at the moment the flat rides are so sub-standard in either their presentation or experience, they're not particularly supporting any of the bigger rides.I'd continue to re-furb existing areas. I don't think I'd consider changing any of the current themes, I'd just re-enforce them and bring them up to standards. I'd love to get rid of Rita sometime in the future; The Dark Forest won't feel right until Thirteen takes centre stage as its signature attraction- in terms of layout. I would definately add a flat ride to this area, add a feature to the area itself and also find some way to link everything together in a more obvious way, story wise. The area has such great potential. At the very least I'd re-direct some of Rita's queue.Black Hole Tent and X Sector re-generation. For me, a rollercoaster has to go into the tent. A solid family attraction that has more of a dark ride feel to it with rollercoaster elements. X Sector has always represented sinister human experiments with a hint of 1984, to me, I'd love to see this concept explode to make it more prominent throughout the area.I could go on, but I fear I will never stop! ;)

^Loving the Monorail ideas Mikey... I would love it if they updated that mural in the car park station... New TVs abound as well with a much longer (and less annoying) soundtrack to go with it... Ride wise, the park does need one or two quality flats to support X-Sector and Dark Forest...For X-Sector it desperately needs updating, so I would personally remove Submission and Enterprise and replace them with new flats to start, before repainting Oblivion as well as updating it's queueline and the like (TVs, queue layout)... An indoor attraction (be it coaster or preferably dark ride) would finish off the area...Dark Forest a la Mikey I would want to remove Rita and make Thirteen the focus, Rita will ALWAYS look out of place no matter what... Improving the area's look to give it more of a theme (and interconnecting it with Hex and the square) would occur, as well as one (maybe two) flats themed to evil trees or the like...Another area that needs work is Storybookland/Adventureland... Both are a relative mess let's be honest... Spinball is just THERE and always has the biggest queue of the day... I'm tempted to keep the Storybookland theme but also to replace it... But in my world Spinball would be relocated (if possible) to Cuckoo Land (more later), and the area regenerated including a new show (of some description) and maybe a Vekoma Roller Skater and a few flats... Nothing too garish as to return to the original majestic entrance view...I picked up on relocating Spinball to Cuckoo Land (old Coaster Corner) themed to the Sir Algeon's strange machine of some form... This would also include a Charlie retheme... It needs to become a quality dark ride with original story-line and several animatronics... Again can be linked to Sir Algeon and the other characters they brought in... Driving School could also have some theming additions to help it link in more... Flume, basically themed to Mutiny Bay... Renovated and the like at basic... Or maybe being replaced by a new layout into the trees... Not sure...Elsewhere, generic improvements (Duel theming), would be added onto the park... And the Air tunnel getting some actual theming/styling whatever would be done...

If anyone could come up with some decent, high-throughput flat rides that would not only be relevant today but relevant in 20 years time then be my guest. Because at the moment, as antiquated as Enterprise, Blade and Ripsaw are, they do still do the buisiness because they are such theme park staples.Whereas the only flat ride at Thorpe which continually interests people is Rush. Vortex may as well be dead, Samurai's popularity will be non-existant come 2012 and Slammer lost all recognition the moment Rush opened.People are very quick to say Alton need flat rides but when asked what ones they think Alton should get, the conversation seems to just dry up. Jump 2's are occasionally mentioned, as are S&S Screaming Swings. But nothing that says to me, yes that would absolutly fit at Alton Towers and compliment the excellent rollercoaster line up.People also forget that back in the 80's, Alton had an incredibly large selection of flat rides. 10,000 nights, Magic Carpets, Gravitrons, Dynamo, Boneshaker. And now we're down to four. Flat rides just don't seem to meet the standard or have the capacity for a park like Alton.So go with the flat rides, I would be intrigued what people come up with. ;)

A HUSS Jump2 - there's only one in the world and it's in Canada's Wonderland. It's a huge ride and one that would take up the space of Rush but it has a huge thoroughput and it would be made relevant. It could be dug into the ground and themed very-well.A Gyroswing called Shredder which is popular among ATA and TTF, which would replace Blade and the Blade would be relocated to Mutiny Bay. Banshee: A Floorless Coaster with multiple inversions that would be close to the ground and the trees and would make great of use of the 'foot-choppers' effect and it would be in around Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood, but centered in Gloomy Wood. I'd give AIR its own zone called 'Paradise Kills'. I'd replace the Flume with a Water Coaster. It wouldn't be as long as the Flume (obviously). It would use a different layout to the Flume but where the Flume used to be, trees could be grown, to replace the ones that have been cleared for the coaster. In that case, a brand new flume would be built in Paradise Falls to compliment AIR.

Having a new improved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is like having a new and improved smashed car. The problem is that it is based on an IP - in this case Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - which heavily limits what Alton Towers are able to come up with. The Dahl family also had a big part to play in how Charlie turned out, because they were extremely fussy about what the ride was allowed to included.Come up with something yourself next time, Towers. ;)