SAW: Alive

Marc

I think like all the mazes it really depends on the set of actors you get to determine your ride experience, ive had a few very good rides on it but at the same time a couple of very bad goes on it too. I'm sure like all the mazes this will improve as it matures, lucky for us we dont have to wait another year to see this and I expect we will see improvements throughout the year.

I went on at about 11:10. Is there supposed to be fake blood shot anywhere because I just saw very little actual gore, just people stuggling, if that's the right way to put it. I really liked the Saw 6 scene even though it wasn't very faithful. I thought the Saw 5 scene was the weakest as nothing really happened. The actors seemed to always go for the girls at the back and I wish I took up their offer of switching places now.. I didn't see any pig mask actors but there was a very creepy hooded actor on the strobing corridor. Overall, I think this ride has a lot of potential if Thorpe keep that many actors on the maze at all times and I think some jets of water similar to the barrel roll on Saw - The Ride would be nice. The only real problem I can see are the chains in the Saw 4 scene. I tripped over them and nearly fell over, as did the girls behind me.

I was talking to one of the ride staff in the queue who was giving a description of the ride and she said it can potentially hold 10 rooms.I asked her then so every year a SAW movie comes out a scene will be added and she said yes.If Thorpe can do this I think it can be brilliant!

Maybe off topic and more suited for a fright nights topic but I think thorpe would be missing a trick if they didn't make the path from Rush to Saw:Alive a scare zone for fright nights.oh by the way....I named that path Fanboy Alley today, I'm hoping it'll catch on but maybe not ;)^_^

I was talking to one of the ride staff in the queue who was giving a description of the ride and she said it can potentially hold 10 rooms.I asked her then so every year a SAW movie comes out a scene will be added and she said yes.If Thorpe can do this I think it can be brilliant!

I don't know who you have been talking to! the boat can only hold 45 tonnes and its already at 41 tonnes! excluding all the actors and what not!

I really enjoyed Saw Alive yesterday, got my heart pounding quite a bit and saw one little girl (who hadn't been paid to do so) having a panic attack and left crying!The whole experience seems very frantic and obviously I had a good bunch of actors (who btw get some nasty scratches and bumps during their few hours). I was also most pleased to hear that the small jolt from the fence has been taken off as that would be most unpleasent! It will be very interesting to see how the ride can deal with peak queue lines, or if it will slip further away into a money spinner as an all year round paid attraction.I wasn't expecting much at all, maybe it's simply as the other scare mazes never change and so have become dull, but yes, a pleasing addition to the parks attraction line up. Now please can we end the SAW 'thing' at Thorpe Park, I don't want to see a SAW themed flat for the new ride in OG next season please... ^_^

Really? I'm sure that number 7 is going to be the last one it does say on wilkipediaand considering its in 3D I would have thought it was ;)But if you say so! ^_^

Just checked and you were right, it said before that there would eight as the directors/producers had confirmed that there would eight. Apparently the 8th is being incorperated into the 7th now.But anyway, back on topic..

Wikipedia is a bit dodgy as people can easily change things ;) But whatever ;)I thought it was alrght the first time but the second time was much better as we had more pig-masked actors. I was on the back and they kept coming after me ;) I've finally found a benefit of being a girl!The attention to detail and theming is the best thing about the maze, the bathroom scene is amazing - the stench of urine!! I also loved how at the start where you have your photo taken, it's pitch black.The freezer room is great too! Love how on the first time the people behind us went "It's freezing in here!" Well, duuuh!The actors were very convincing and it did feel like you were in the films, as people here have said, the creepiness/terror was there. And I noticed more the second time, like the blood (in the bathroom scene in the left corner where they're sawing their feet off!) and gore.And no furnace trap from SAW 2! Boy, did I breathe a sigh of relief!! I was quite scared about that, and in the review that was posted on here, it mentioned the smell of burnt flesh so I thought it'd be there. So I don't know what they were talking about, maybe the electrocution corridoor? There was a smell in there but I couldn't make out what it was.Actually, how the heck do you create a smell like that?! ^_^But yeah, good maze, fantastic theming, great actors and creepy pigs snorting in your ears, following you and grabbing your legs as you walk out the room! ^_^

I was pretty annoyed that I didn't see a single pig-masked actor. Did you still have to get tickets for going on it later in the day? I should have given it another go but the actors will hopefully be on the ball the next time I visit and it would be nice if the positions for scares keep changing. There was no one cutting their foot off in the bathroom scene for me but there was a guy very well concealed at the very end of the scene who jumped out.

I really want to try this but I am very nervous. I know I probably sound like a baby lol.I just have a couple of questions as there are a few things that are putting me off this maze. Firstly, I was told that I would be put into a group of other people and I wouldn't have to wander through the maze on my own. Now that people have been on it, I just wanted to confirm that this was true.Secondly, I'm a little nervous about the actors with pig-masks. Without giving too much away, could you please tell me what sort of things they do? I know I sound like a wuss but this sort of thing gets me a little anxious.Thirdly, Is it easy to find your away around the maze? I had a bad experience in a fun house when I was younger and couldn't find my way out. I just wanted to confirm that there's no danger of that happening here.Thanks for your help.

Firstly, I was told that I would be put into a group of other people and I wouldn't have to wander through the maze on my own. Now that people have been on it, I just wanted to confirm that this was true.

That is true, your put in groups of around 5/6 to go around the maze with, hands on shoulders all the usual stuff like other mazes.

Secondly, I'm a little nervous about the actors with pig-masks. Without giving too much away, could you please tell me what sort of things they do? I know I sound like a wuss but this sort of thing gets me a little anxious.

I didnt see many if I'm honest, but its hard to say what they do as it usually changes!

Thirdly, Is it easy to find your away around the maze? I had a bad experience in a fun house when I was younger and couldn't find my way out. I just wanted to confirm that there's no danger of that happening here.

Yep its very easy, and if needed the actors will help "guide" you to the next room if your going the wrong way.

Hey guys,I'm new to the forum, I was also at the annual pass day and I think saw alive was a huge let down because of the length of the maze and the fact that I was not scared at all. THORPE PARK official facebook has put up a discussion page up and they're looking for suggestions on how to improve itLooks like they have figured out that some people are not happy about it!But if you guys want to suggest any improvement then heres the linkhttp://www.facebook.com/thorpepark#!/topic.php?uid=27217550866&topic=12925

Really, don't worry about the Pig masks. I'm super scared of them aswell, but they don't do much. Just really stand there or follow you

They pick on people who are at the back too! I was at the back the second time and they kept following me and snorting/oinking in my face :)