Fastrack

AHW

Question

• Answers 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Even though I have used fastrack in the past before, I really don't think it is necessary. The majority of the queues are fast-moving, and most of the rides have high capacities. For me, just watching the rides on their cycle in the queue-line really seems to speed up the waiting time. Also, I actually prefer to have a 20 minute queue than a walk on. I know it sounds odd, but for me a ride is much more enjoyable after you have queued to go on it. Even 1-2 hour queues go really quickly for me. That's why the peak season at Thorpe really doesn't put me off going at all.

I agree with Paul.Just watching the rides sometimes can make the queue go faster.It depends what mood I am in really.However, the only rides where I will straight away refuse to queue over 60 mins on are Colossus, Tidal Wave and Rush.I would rather do 3x£3 singles as I don't get to visit THORPE PARK often.Colossus - Snail Queue! :(Tidal Wave - Usually go on when baking and standing in the sun for 120 mins basically pi**es me off to be honest.Rush - Just don't like queuing over 60 mins and I also don't think it is worth going on if over 60 mins tbh.As I said, I am not a really frequent visitor to THORPE PARK, So I don't mind paying for the odd Fastrack if I am being honest.(Sorry Fastrack haters! :()

I hate queueing for rides with just busy cattlepen queues. I.e.: Logger's Leap, Samurai etc. You just feel like you are getting nowhere.

I could not agree more Paul!I usually go to Chessington & Zoo and I hate queuing for Dragon's Fury for the reason you stated above.Then again, Dragon's Fury queue line is not as bad as Loggers Leap in my opinion.

Back to general Fastrack....The only ride I ever buy fastrack for is Stealth. The reason being, I think it's the only ride in the park that offers an experience worth paying £4 for. Mind you, I'll only buy a fastrack if the queue is over 90 minutes, which to be honest is a rare sight these days.I used to buy the Adrenaline Fastrack quite regularly, but when it was taken out of circulation this year, I stopped buying fastrack all together. Queueing is not all that bad; it builds up the experience and let's face it, it's a part of theme park life.

^^^^^^I agree.When I went on Saw the first time, I waited 80 mins and the time and theming to the queue just added to the excitement. Also, Stealth the first time was cool- I waited an hour and thats long enough to understand the area and what its about-if I'd have got fastrack, I wouldn't of known about WWTP radio and Amity town, and it adds to the experience if you know what I mean.I say no to fastrack if its your first go on something-because you miss out on things which add to the tension/ experience, but if its your 3rd+ time then its ok. :( But yeah, Ultimate Fastrack is vastly overpriced, I agree to that as well :) . If it was £35, I would consider it. But £60- I wouldn't take a second glance to.

I really think they should add fastrack to the benefits with an Annual Pass. They could raise the price of a Merlin AP to £300 for example, and have Unlimited Fastrack at all of the attractions for the entire year. I would definitely buy it!And if you think about it, the amount of people that go to theme parks that have an annual pass is definitely in the vast minority to those who just buy a single ticket, so the amount of people waiting in fastrack queues wouldn't go up by too much.

Or....they could keep it at the same price and offer you 20% discount on them, like they should do...:)

That is why I find Chessington & Zoo very good.You do get 20% off Ultimate Express Passes at Chessington.I think this should be put into place at THORPE PARK and Alton Towers. (imo).

How come the fastrack office right beside stealth is NEVER open?

You probably don't need the Stealth Fastrack office open if it is not majorly busy.The Dome Fastrack and Information is always open. (Well usually anyway :))There are others as well as Stealth office located around the park...One by Tidal Wave's entrance and one by Colossus' entrance.

I have only ever seen the Colossus booth closed once. Every other time I've been in recent years, both the Colossus booth and the Tidal Wave booth have always been open. When I bought fastrack I always used to go to the Tidal Wave booth, it always had the shortest queue.

The fastrack packages are £9. One of them has Colossus, Nemesis Infero, X No Way out and Tidal Wave or Loggers Leap. The other has Stealth, Vortex, Rush and Samurai.The Hydration package is £6.00 and has Rumba Rapids, Tidal Wave and Loggers Leap.The one shots are either £2.50 or £3.00. The coasters are three pound and the other rides are £2.50. Saw fastrack I believe is £4.00 but I may be wrong :S