TPM London Meet

MikeyT

thats what I was getting at in the original post, its disorganised and ridiculously stupid around this area

I strongly disagree with this. Living relatively close to you, and travelling to Egham daily, I'm in a very similar situation to you. The public transport is very good, where I have only ever had a couple of bad experiences with it. Main roads and some other roads in Chertsey had been suitably gritted.Just so happens that the Weybridge and Walton area were slightly worse off than some other surrounding areas...

I strongly disagree with this. Living relatively close to you, and travelling to Egham daily, I'm in a very similar situation to you. The public transport is very good, where I have only ever had a couple of bad experiences with it. Main roads and some other roads in Chertsey had been suitably gritted.Just so happens that the Weybridge and Walton area were slightly worse off than some other surrounding areas...

How interesting... But yet your disagreeing with a a post thats about somewhere 10 odd miles from you :P Egham was OK the 441 was early thank f***!

I have nothing but praise for the transport people. I've been keeping a track on the website all day, and you can see the planning and everything going into it. On my 7hr journey home on tuesday, I was listening to the station radios and it wasn't unorganised at all. Sounded quite rewarding after that. Can understand why they get paid the amount they do tbf!The north is mad, nothing but buses. When living in leek, I could just feel all my taxes leaking straight into the unused public transport in that area. Was a little.. unjustified imo!

How interesting... But yet your disagreeing with a a post thats about somewhere 10 odd miles from you :P Egham was OK the 441 was early thank f***!

I'm disagreeing with a post that's 10 miles away from me because that's the truth. Chertsey was fine (apart from train cancellations probably), yet elsewhere it wasn't. Oh...my...gosh... :P

I know people want to move on but I wish to make a brief snow/travel comment :PI was a tad concerned on Tuesday when the snow was only just getting heavy, was about 3-4inches max, and the trains had pretty much stopped. Luckily there was a train to Gatwick I got and my mum picked me up. Yesterday and Wednesday was very deep snow so yeah, the trains are gonna be messed up and I'm not gonna complain cos it obviously isn't simple to clear it all. But when there is only a few inches and we've known for about a week it was coming...bit different :P But I do agree we shouldn't compare to other countries that always have snow. That is EXACTLY why they cope, because it's their climate. It's like saying "So many British people get sunburnt every summer but the people in Australia or Florida are always prepared!"But moving on to the meet...it may have stopped snowing but the temperature is very cold and probably won't increase enough for the snow to melt by Sunday. If anything it's starting to ice over, meaning it's still just as dangerous if not worse! And for me it isn't just the trains, it's getting to the train station. Haven't seen any buses round here (and cos we're in the village we've hardly had any gritting) so dunno if they're going to run. My mum is really ill with some nasty flu thing, no way is she going to be able to drive me to the station early in the morning. And it's over an hour walk, without snow and ice! Sounds pessimistic but I'm just being realistic :P

I don't think I'm coming Tomorrow if the snow is not better and the pavement is not that slippery. I'll have to walk down to the station which is going to be horrible. I'd much rather stay at home, eat nice food, play some Brotherhood, write a song or two and knock out some coursework.I'll see but I'll probably come on Sunday if anything.

I'm unable to go today (Saturday) because the usual snow related problems. It's meant to be raining all day tomorrow so I'm hoping it'll want to melt some of the snow. In reality it's still a bit touch and go for Sunday too but I'm going to try my hardest to get in! I'm in a really similar situation to Michaela where it's getting to the train station that's one of the main problems!

So I have to go tomorrow as I'm now staying in a hotel tomorrow evening with a friend. I've got to ask for money as my ALG hasn't come through... fun!I should be at Waterloo Station around 09:50, though trains could be an issue. Lol. It's a shame the weather conditions has prevented some people from coming. :P

Ok I shall definitely attempt to be there tomorrow. According to the Southern website the trains are operating normally tomorrow but I'm still worried about delays. Same for the bus to the station. If it turns up, yay, if not, then I won't be there. A taxi to the station would cost too much and my mum is still ill so I can't ask her.But hopefully I'll make it :PMadame Tussauds taxi ride!! :P