TPM London Meet

MikeyT

Uh oh. The ex is attending this meet. They've said they're not going to talk to me (thank goodness, cos the thought of it makes me cringe!) but you guys will have to protect me, just incase :) I mean they spent 2 years ruining my life, don't them ruining a brilliant day out like this one! (If you're reading this thinking I'm harsh etc, you clearly didn't see the arguments we had, how selfish they were and how much happier and confident I became since I dumped them etc!)Cor blimey, feels good to rant! :DHopefully you can make it to the meet Will, you haven't been to one in ages!I don't know if the snow has hit London yet (it's not down my way yet but due tomorrow) but it probably will have by Sunday, if it's still settled or still snowing it will be nice and wintery :) Although if it's bad, we're gonna have major transport issues! Getting exciiiited! ;)

It's actually not been too bad my way, but we shall see.Certainly if the snow does become 'uncontrollable', then I don't see The Eye opening in my eyes. Best thing I think we should do is literally just keep our eyes peeled and keep checking the night before the meet. If it does reach the point where it's just no feasable, then I guess one of us will have to announce it either postponed/cancelled.

Dartford, where I am is one of the worst affected areas apparently, I went out in the garden earlier to measure how deep it was and there is just over a foot of snow. Unless it wants to melt in time for the meet then it's very unlikely I'm going to be able to travel to get to the meet.There is an extra 10cm of snow forecast for tonight. I will keep you posted. Would be a shame to miss it as I was really looking forward to going.

the snow is knee deep in the lovely land of essex on canvey island and has been non-stop for a good 3/4 days now :P and my trains are running with delays up to 20min... proves the best train company in the uk can handle the weather unlike some (southeasten :P ) Today is the last of the snow for me so hopefully I can attend this meet :P

the snow is knee deep in the lovely land of essex on canvey island and has been non-stop for a good 3/4 days now :P and my trains are running with delays up to 20min... proves the best train company in the uk can handle the weather unlike some (southeasten :P ) Today is the last of the snow for me so hopefully I can attend this meet :P

Try this one = Wait for a 75 minute delay train to Weybridge to find every train to Egham delayed for about an hour to then find every train got cancelled up until 6:33pm. Wasn't impressed! Now thats pretty poor! HEard on the radio that a snow plow stacked it! Also in the area a snow train thing got stuck in too! What a joke!

Try this one = Wait for a 75 minute delay train to Weybridge to find every train to Egham delayed for about an hour to then find every train got cancelled up until 6:33pm. Wasn't impressed! Now thats pretty poor! HEard on the radio that a snow plow stacked it! Also in the area a snow train thing got stuck in too! What a joke!

I don't actually think its a joke. What is a joke is peoples over-reaction to this whole snow thing. Things aren't running, deal with it. Caterham is cut off from the outside world, I was supposed to be in Brighton watching the Scissor Sisters. Instead I'm here listening to people moan about either the World Cup 2018 result or how snow ruins their lives. But it's cool, I'm dealing with it.Would you rather the train ran, it derails, killing everyone on board instead...

It annoys me the way people just think that everything should run perfectly in all weathers...The snow is bad, deal with it... Simple as... Of course trains and roads are gonna be buggered with snow falling regularly and it's not THAT easy to clear... People need to get their senses straight and stop whinging...

I understand peoples' frustration, but in the end, as long as you get from A to B in a decent amount of time - even if stuff does get delayed - then that's that. It's what happens.What annoys me the most though is people who compare us to places like Russia or other places that get heavy snow regularly, they're properly prepared. Unfortunately, we're not. As clichéd as it sounds, I'd like to see most of the people who moan about the way the government are doing things try and do a better job themselves...

I think its more weybridge was under no more then 3cms max of snow and egham and other parts abotu the same, not muchm places such as Guildford I can understand where they got 8+ inches! but when it barely scarpes half an inch!

Since when did you know what trains weather systems and working capabilties were? :P

I understand peoples' frustration, but in the end, as long as you get from A to B in a decent amount of time - even if stuff does get delayed - then that's that. It's what happens.What annoys me the most though is people who compare us to places like Russia or other places that get heavy snow regularly, they're properly prepared. Unfortunately, we're not. As clichéd as it sounds, I'd like to see most of the people who moan about the way the government are doing things try and do a better job themselves...

I think 2:30 hours+ is too much to travel about 6 miles.EDIT - Dan we checked before hand and it said all was fine frmo Weybridge to Egham - We get there no gaurd in site and all trains cancelled!

What annoys me the most though is people who compare us to places like Russia or other places that get heavy snow regularly, they're properly prepared. Unfortunately, we're not.

I have a theory that when people say Russia is properly prepared, what they really mean is 'Moscow' is properly prepared. I doubt the whole of Russia has snowplough after snowplough on every street, highway, side road because its such a large country. England is a densely populated country and unfortunately the snow we get every year just isn't often enough and constant enough to justify large amounts of funds going into diggers. The trains I do sort of wish were running better because it would mean I don't have to walk 2 hours to get to work on Saturday. But the thing is if the trains breakdown and then the recovery trains breakdown. And then the gritter trains break down.. I mean.. there is nothing that can be done and I'd rather just go "oh well" and get over it then moan on and on.

I think 2:30 hours+ is too much to travel about 6 miles.

Why not take the bus? They were running fine (probably a little late, but nothing new there really) between Staines, Kingston, Chertsey and Woking, and all those places were probably as bad as Weybridge. Pretty sure you could have got to Egham that way in a much shorter amount of time with a couple of bus changes...Trains aren't the only mode of transport in the world y'know..

Why not take the bus? They were running fine (probably a little late, but nothing new there really) between Staines, Kingston, Chertsey and Woking, and all those places were probably as bad as Weybridge. Pretty sure you could have got to Egham that way in a much shorter amount of time with a couple of bus changes...Trains aren't the only mode of transport in the world y'know..

No s*** sherlock! I did think abotu these thign but all buses had been cancelled in the walton area and non-existent in weybridge!

No s*** sherlock! I did think abotu these thign but all buses had been cancelled in the walton area and non-existent in weybridge!

Jesus, no need to have a go.If you read my post, you'll see that I was making the assumption that there would be buses in the Weybridge area as they were running practically everywhere else. In the end, you relied on public transport when it was suffering, and you paid the consequences. It's as much your own fault as it is the transport minister's...